Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Motuc Re-issues

#1 User is offline   burtm 

• Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Does anyone know what are the chances, that previous figures be reissued? They say at Matty forum, reissues now are nearly impossible, they said that to Skeletor too, but he's coming out next month with He-Man. I know lapses do happen.

I missed quite a few figures that Im hoping be released again, some are, Fisto, Beastman, and Triklops. I do have a Fisto alternate head though, I bought it from a pal, who was a good brother and sold it to me, its on one of the Eternian Guards, but it just doesn't feel right.

any ideas, thanks.

#2 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

They'll be rereleased when the line is absolutely on the point of death.

#3 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

reissued... as far as new batches of older figures will most likely never happen. But then this is Mattel we are talking about... they say one thing and do another, so one can never really tell.

#4 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Invisible Woman

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

I don't see it happening...

#5 User is offline   baneblade 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

It did happen with one o their more mainstream figures though; He-man. Some buyers said that the 'tweaks they made were barely noticeable, and others said that the paint ops and 'tweaks' were there, somewhat. Mattel's reps have publicly said in various forums that they will not re-issue the others, and it seems it will hold true as the new line coming in 2013- 2014 is pretty cool, and enough to keep the subscriptions and sell-outs going.

#6 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

i thought they've been reissueing figures for a long time noe??? when i bought my heman and skeletor, they were reissues. ive seen battlecat, merman, beastman, stratos, etc a couple of times after the original sale. i must be misunderstanding what you guys are talking about :blink:

#7 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

They stopped re-issues with Man-E-Faces back in 2012. They had an evergreen stock for the Essentials on Mattycollector, but Skeletor ran out at the beginning of the year. Mattel said that was it for him.

#8 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think people are confusing re-issues with overstock. To my knowledge, He-Man and Skeletor were the only figures to receive a "second batch"... meaning they set up the tooling at the factory and made more.

#9 User is offline   baneblade 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Upon a quick check, Skeletor, He-man, Stratos, battlecat are all re-issues. Perhaps even more, but these are definitely re-issued figures. And they are still available at Matty.

#10 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 30 September 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I think people are confusing re-issues with overstock. To my knowledge, He-Man and Skeletor were the only figures to receive a "second batch"... meaning they set up the tooling at the factory and made more.

Mattel made second runs of each figure until Man-E-Faces. That's why you can find figures with "The Original" on them besides He-Man and Skeletor. They stopped that after Man-E and only had the customer service stock sold for figures there afterwards.

#11 User is offline   Eric 

• Tri-Klops

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I don't think it will happen with this line. Once MOTUC ends, maybe they'll use the molds again in some other line or capacity. Mattel seemed pretty adamant that the reissues would end with Man-E-Faces, and so far that seems like it will be the case.

#12 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Invisible Woman

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Would anyone be against Matty releasing Stridor in a 2-pack with Fisto?... This way they wont go against their word about reissues but keep in mind the cost...

#13 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Battle Droid

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

I wouldn't mind. Then I could have a Vintage and 200X version of Fisto.

Plus, you know, that Stridor thing.

#14 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I feel like Mattel holds the MOTUC line hostage.....they know what we want but they'll only give so much....there's plenty of Shiiiii lines warming the pegs these days at the Boxstores. Why don't they lease out the production rights and let Neca or Hasbro or somebody w/half a clue & some balllllz produce the line....if they're done & they'll loose money then fine, farm it out to some other company w/nothing to loose.....I for one would like to pick up a handful of figs as well...but this attitude of "Nope Not Gonna Do It Ever Ever Never Ever Again" is tired and sad......they know what they're doing......oh and I would like to see Beastman (big surprise) Fisto & some of the others remade.......you know only the ones that are skyrocketing on Ebay right now.....haha

#15 User is offline   baneblade 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

It is quite annoying really. I too wanted the Fisto figure, but can only dream of it on the secondary market. It is not fair. I see toy reviewers routinely say that they wish Mattel would mass produce these as these even had the potential to be great kids' toys, not just adult collector material, like Mattel solicits it to be.

#16 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 30 September 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Mattel made second runs of each figure until Man-E-Faces. That's why you can find figures with "The Original" on them besides He-Man and Skeletor. They stopped that after Man-E and only had the customer service stock sold for figures there afterwards.

LOL!... I don't think they made second runs (actually tooled the factory to make more of these figures). They made one HUGE batch and packaged them accordingly. Mattel figured the best way to sell most of them off is to sell them in two parts, The second run (being a chase variant) having the "original" burst on it... but ultimately, they were left with overstock. I remember a few cases where some people got the "original" blister card by accident during the initial release of certain figures .

After Man E Faces, Mattel started reducing the amount of figures to be made because prior to that, they were over producing them. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... but I'm always right so... :)

#17 User is offline   baneblade 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 01 October 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostBigBot84, on 30 September 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

LOL!... I don't think they made second runs (actually tooled the factory to make more of these figures). They made one HUGE batch and packaged them accordingly. Mattel figured the best way to sell most of them off is to sell them in two parts, The second run (being a chase variant) having the "original" burst on it... but ultimately, they were left with overstock. I remember a few cases where some people got the "original" blister card by accident during the initial release of certain figures .

After Man E Faces, Mattel started reducing the amount of figures to be made because prior to that, they were over producing them. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... but I'm always right so... :)

It is a possibility, but literally, Mattel themselves are stating the Battlecat, He-man, Stratos and Skeletor figures to be re-issues. Again, as you imply, they could be lying (Like when they didn't know how a batch of their figures ended up at a chain like Walmart).

#18 User is offline   Eric 

• Tri-Klops

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 01 October 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Would anyone be against Matty releasing Stridor in a 2-pack with Fisto?... This way they wont go against their word about reissues but keep in mind the cost...

I would love this. I'd like to see a few 2-packs in this format. I kinda doubt it would happen, but still. I think it's a good idea.

#19 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

That could very well have been the plan all along. They probably kept Fisto scarce knowing the demand will virtually force people to by Stridor with him in a 2 pack. However, this time around Fisto probably wont come with the 200x elements. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the other half of the Battle Ram with Teela. LOL!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us