*shakes his head*

#4 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 26 September 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

*shakes his head*

with excitement?

Doesn't really fit at all into the line...but I might get him for completest sake...

#5 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Battle Droid

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Well, given that the helmet is removable, I'm apt to get it just for that and the armour. I'm sure a simple head swap or even an armour swap could make for an outstanding MOTU character.

#6 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 28 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 26 September 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

*shakes his head*

with excitement?

Doesn't really fit at all into the line...but I might get him for completest sake...

Yeah, so excited. Let's try and guess who the next "kiss ass" figure will be. Kinda surprised we don't have a Pixel Dan or a Val Staples homage figure yet. Oh wait, Kobra Khan's little lizard is named Pixel. There's gotta be someone out there that's tight with Neitlich that hasn't received any "props" yet.

#7 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Strange decision considering (to my knowledge) Stan Lee has never had anything to do with MOTU. He-Man never even met any Marvel characters. Just DC.

#8 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

He's a great figure if you swap out the head.

#9 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostDragonrider1227, on 29 September 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

Strange decision considering (to my knowledge) Stan Lee has never had anything to do with MOTU. He-Man never even met any Marvel characters. Just DC.

If memory serves, I think Marvel published some MOTU comics back in the 80's under the STAR brand... other than that, there is no REAL connection. This is a clear cut case of the brand manager attempting to score points with Stan Lee.

#10 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

I thought Khan's lizard was named Fang.

#11 User is offline   Eric 

• Tri-Klops

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

There is a new partnership between Stan Lee's company and Mattel. This figure will be sold at Stan Lee's convention. That's why it was made.

I'd get this figure just for the armor. If you could get that helmet to fit another head, you'd have a sweet Cosmic Enforcer. And if he had the original sword that was supposed to come with He-Ro (the darker star sword), well, you'd really have something special... ;)

#12 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 29 September 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

If memory serves, I think Marvel published some MOTU comics back in the 80's under the STAR brand... other than that, there is no REAL connection. This is a clear cut case of the brand manager attempting to score points with Stan Lee.

Sorry to burst your Neitlich bashing bubble but it has nothing to do with him, its being made because Mattel and Stan Lee's company POW Entertainment have entered into a partnership of some kind and this was just something they did to promote that. Yeah it's clearly a gimmick figure and nothing to really do with MOTU but who cares. Stan Lee is a renowned and well respected person in Pop Culture and don't see it as a problem if they incorporated a figure based on him in the line. Personally I think it's pretty cool looking.

#13 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

It has great custom potential too......they could be used as Skeletor's or Hordak's elite guard units?? I dunno it has a some appeal.....no worse than Grayskullman.....which I passed on but in afterthought I shoulda at least picked up one of him....oh well.....

#14 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostJayC, on 01 October 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Sorry to burst your Neitlich bashing bubble but it has nothing to do with him, its being made because Mattel and Stan Lee's company POW Entertainment have entered into a partnership of some kind and this was just something they did to promote that. Yeah it's clearly a gimmick figure and nothing to really do with MOTU but who cares. Stan Lee is a renowned and well respected person in Pop Culture and don't see it as a problem if they incorporated a figure based on him in the line. Personally I think it's pretty cool looking.

Oh don't worry, my Neitlich bashing bubble is impervious to Matty apologist posts. Whatever partnership you are referring to, Neitlich is still involved because well... he's essentially the spokesperson for them... And I'm sure it was Neitlich's idea to create a figure paying homage to Stan Lee. Neitlich is the brains behind a lot of these things I'm sure. Oh and... I'm not quite sure I was bashing Neitlich this time around. Just merely pointing out that he is directly involved with Standor ;) Mild bashing begins now...

...and Standor, I'm positive that only the likes of Neitlich could have came up with that name. Geesh, how unoriginal.

#15 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 01 October 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostJayC, on 01 October 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Oh don't worry, my Neitlich bashing bubble is impervious to Matty apologist posts. Whatever partnership you are referring to, Neitlich is still involved because well... he's essentially the spokesperson for them... And I'm sure it was Neitlich's idea to create a figure paying homage to Stan Lee. Neitlich is the brains behind a lot of these things I'm sure. Oh and... I'm not quite sure I was bashing Neitlich this time around. Just merely pointing out that he is directly involved with Standor ;) Mild bashing begins now...

...and Standor, I'm positive that only the likes of Neitlich could have came up with that name. Geesh, how unoriginal.

I actually believe it was Stan Lee's idea to have the figure made but whatever floats your boat.

#16 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

If that's the case, than Stan Lee is just as arrogant as Neitlich.

#17 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostMonkey_Shuttle, on 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Well, given that the helmet is removable, I'm apt to get it just for that and the armour. I'm sure a simple head swap or even an armour swap could make for an outstanding MOTU character.

that's about all it's good for...

#18 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

At least Stan Lee has something to be arrogant about. Neitlich has nothing. Zero. Unless you count Spector. Then you're heading into minus numbers ;)

#19 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 03 October 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

If that's the case, than Stan Lee is just as arrogant as Neitlich.

I'm sure he is...and a comic book hack with no creativity or place in comic book lore...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us