TNI Forums: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 5 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. SPOILERS

#1 User is offline   hamsterboy 

  • Padme Amidala
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,535
  • Joined: 11-February 02

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

So what did everyone think? Likes? Dislikes?

#2 User is offline   JayC 

  • ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,068
  • Joined: 04-June 02

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Loved it. Thought they did a great job of tieing it in to the cinematic universe and it will be interesting to see how much they tie it in to upcoming movies as the series goes on. Like for instance will we see clues dropped for Avengers 2 in this series that have an actual impact on the movie?

I also wonder if this series can bridge the gap with Marvel movies done by other studios. For instance I know a character like Spider-Man can't appear in a non Sony movies or X-Men in a non Fox movie, but do those same licensing restrictions apply to TV????

Now for some SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like from the clues dropped in tonites episode that Agent Coulson is going to end up being a LMD which is a twist I would think will def have repercussions on the Movie-verse.

#3 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,681
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

i thought it was good. especially since it's more or less a movie tie in. usually tv series that branch off of movies are pretty lame.

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,275
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

For some reason I was wasn't that pumped up for it. Hearing some of the good stuff, though, I should probably give the first ep. a look. I assumed it was kind of an alternate reality thing because Coulson isn't dead. How is he still alive if it's a movie tie in? You can spoil it, I won't mind.

#5 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Invisible Woman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,593
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 25 September 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

For some reason I was wasn't that pumped up for it. Hearing some of the good stuff, though, I should probably give the first ep. a look. I assumed it was kind of an alternate reality thing because Coulson isn't dead. How is he still alive if it's a movie tie in? You can spoil it, I won't mind.


JayC mentioned something about the possibility of him being a LMD (Life Model Decoy)...

#6 User is offline   jedicrippler 

  • We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 2,015
  • Joined: 22-October 01

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

That's my theory on Coulson as well. Or they're prepping to make him a synthezoid & he'll wind up being the movie-verse Vision. But I'm leaning towards the primary theory. Especially since Tony used the term LMD in Avengers. Seemed an odd thing to throw out there without following up on.

#7 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,195
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

LATE SPOILER ALERT(but really if you opened this thread to read what were you expecting??) It was kool but it didn't blow me out of the bathtub.....but its only one episode so well see, Coulson has to be a cousin to the terminator now.....did you see the way he ducked when the van door was flying straight toward him....if it had been me I would be in the hospital sharing a room w/the van door possibly in the same bed....it's kinda of surprising how a super agency would let the Saved Doctor just chill in the hospital w/out shaking her down as to what bidness she had w/the spontaneous combustibles on the top floor, in this day and age of breaking bad thousand-aires, one would think the local cops would be all over her like meth-heads on Nyquil......oh and I think what's bothering me is the overuse of the Television Backlot Sets....the sidewalks look fake (yes I know its a show) but they need to shoot in real locations more.....I'm a Coulsaniac but amongst the team members there are a few I don't care for.....I'm a nerd & I want to beat up the scientific team.....they need a team like Alphonse, Sam & Jessie from NTSFsdSUV.....annndd did I hear "LongShot" mentioned in the first few minutes or are my cybernetic ears fooling me?.....LMD....Liason of Mass Destruction

#8 User is offline   hamsterboy 

  • Padme Amidala
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,535
  • Joined: 11-February 02

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I know it's bit of a stretch but what if Coulson is a Skrull?

#9 User is offline   Dravenheart 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 14-June 08

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

I thought it was pretty good. Pretty much every show by Joss Whedon has a slow start, so I was expecting that. Even he has said before that he's not good at beginnings. A few episodes in, it should start picking up the pace a bit.

They did mention him only being dead for about 8 seconds, and it was faked for the team to get their push. And they don't have the clearance to know he's still alive, so that's the explanation for keeping the show away from the movies directly. Of course, him getting to go all Matrix with that van door really does support the LMD theory, so I guess we'll have to see what happens. Hill obviously has a secret.

I thought it was a good start, and I'm anxious to see where they take it. I'm not really fond of the "freak of the week" layout the show looks to take, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

#10 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,497
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I think that's gonna be my issue with the show. I was hoping it would be more Nikita and less Buffy. I'm pretty much done with "freak of the week" shows.

#11 User is online   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostBigBot84, on 26 September 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I think that's gonna be my issue with the show. I was hoping it would be more Nikita and less Buffy. I'm pretty much done with "freak of the week" shows.

Look at it this way. This is what Nikita would look like . . . if it took place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I mean, come on, this is a world where we just learned Norse Gods, armored super-heroes, radiation spawned monsters, flying cars and alien invaders are all real. Let's explore a little, see what's out there that we don't get to explore in the movies.

And point of order, I watch Nikita to. Rogue super-spies and assassins are just another variation of the freak of the week.

#12 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,287
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I finally caught this on ABC's website last night and I was pleasantly surprised with the show, now I was very skeptical on the show to the point I had almost no interest in it due to the fact that it was Whedon on TV, that alone made me weary add to it that his brother was co-writing along with his sister in law and I was scared that this was gonna be another Buffy, Angel or even worse Dollhouse. I have to say I enjoyed it wasn't great or blew me away but they made it interesting enough that I'm gonna keep watching. I really hope they use the show to fill in gaps in the movieverse without going overboard with the references although I'm not against a cameo or two by the movie superheroes especially Nick Fury. One thing I'm worried about is the threat of the week being a superhuman one especially considering the main characters; these are SHIELD Agents after all not every bad guy with powers can be talked down, I want them to face more non ordinary human threats like AIM or Hydra. From what I read ratings wise the series did well let's hope it gets better as it goes along.

#13 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,497
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postmako, on 26 September 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostBigBot84, on 26 September 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I think that's gonna be my issue with the show. I was hoping it would be more Nikita and less Buffy. I'm pretty much done with "freak of the week" shows.

Look at it this way. This is what Nikita would look like . . . if it took place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I mean, come on, this is a world where we just learned Norse Gods, armored super-heroes, radiation spawned monsters, flying cars and alien invaders are all real. Let's explore a little, see what's out there that we don't get to explore in the movies.

And point of order, I watch Nikita to. Rogue super-spies and assassins are just another variation of the freak of the week.

I know it's a variant, but I prefer seeing the super spies versus other super spies with Percy, Ary, and Amanda with the drama added between the main characters and themselves. I'll still watch this show, but I hope we see non-super powered threats as well.

#14 User is offline   rash 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 522
  • Joined: 03-March 09

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Not sure I'll stick with it; it had way to many Whedon-esque "cutesy-pie" moments. That's one of the reasons I LOATHED Buffy. Coulson is more of a lightweight character here, not the more serious spy-guy he was in the movies. And YES...he's an LMD.

#15 User is online   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postrash, on 26 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Not sure I'll stick with it; it had way to many Whedon-esque "cutesy-pie" moments. That's one of the reasons I LOATHED Buffy. Coulson is more of a lightweight character here, not the more serious spy-guy he was in the movies. And YES...he's an LMD.

Its interesting you say that. I thought the best scene of the pilot was Coulson turning on Fitz and Simmons. I think in that one scene Coulson came off deeper and darker than I've seen him in any of the movies.

#16 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,275
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

I just watched the rerun and I liked it a lot! Good humor, neat surprises like the flying car, Marvel references (Journey Into Mystery). Not bad, not bad.

Coulson is definitely an LMD.

I predict Cobie Smulders becoming a regular next season when How I Met Your Mother is done.

I'm thinking about the possibilities of meshing this show in with future movies. That would be something that hasn't really been done before. They already pulled off something completely new with the handling of their movie franchise...it could be really cool.

#17 User is offline   JayC 

  • ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,068
  • Joined: 04-June 02

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

It seems very likely Coulson is a LMD. My question is will that lead into Avengers 2 and have anything to do with Ultron?

I hope to see some B or C list Marvel characters like all of you in this series but the truth is if you have ever read the SHIELD comics which typically focus on Nick Fury, they don't generally involve super heroes or villains other than maybe character like Baron Von Stucker which I think would def be cool to see in this series along with Hydra.

I agree that I am sure we will see more of Cobie Smulders once How I met your Mother ends this season. My question is how long until we see Sam Jackson make an appearance as Nick Fury. You know its going to happen sooner or later. I also think it would be cool if we saw some of the Avengers make appearances from time to time like for instance Captain America which will have a very close connection with S.H.I.E.L.D. in the next Cap movie or Hawkeye and Black Widow who are actual agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movieverse.

This first episode wasn't perfect but def showed a lot of potential and def worth continuing to watch.

#18 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,275
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostJayC, on 26 September 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I hope to see some B or C list Marvel characters like all of you in this series but the truth is if you have ever read the SHIELD comics which typically focus on Nick Fury, they don't generally involve super heroes or villains other than maybe character like Baron Von Stucker which I think would def be cool to see in this series along with Hydra.

This first episode wasn't perfect but def showed a lot of potential and def worth continuing to watch.


Good point about the SHIELD comics.

I imagine IF we see Sam Jackson it will be for a big event like a season finale.

And yes, as far as first episodes go, it was just fine. What TV show is ever perfect right out of the gate? Some Star Trek series' took entire seasons to find their footing. You have to allow some time for characters to evolve and lay some groundwork for cool plots. Tougher for any show to do these days when everyone wants an immediate pay off.

#19 User is online   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 27 September 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostJayC, on 26 September 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I hope to see some B or C list Marvel characters like all of you in this series but the truth is if you have ever read the SHIELD comics which typically focus on Nick Fury, they don't generally involve super heroes or villains other than maybe character like Baron Von Stucker which I think would def be cool to see in this series along with Hydra.

This first episode wasn't perfect but def showed a lot of potential and def worth continuing to watch.


Good point about the SHIELD comics.

I imagine IF we see Sam Jackson it will be for a big event like a season finale.

And yes, as far as first episodes go, it was just fine. What TV show is ever perfect right out of the gate? Some Star Trek series' took entire seasons to find their footing. You have to allow some time for characters to evolve and lay some groundwork for cool plots. Tougher for any show to do these days when everyone wants an immediate pay off.

Especially when your in the shadow of several major motion pictures.

As for Jackson making a cameo, it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. I remember back when Harrison Ford did a book-end piece for an episode of Young Indiana Jones. Of course, such an appearance would hinge on Sam being willing to appear for p!$$-ant TV money, but it could happen.

#20 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,287
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well, with Marvel's reputation for lowballing actors if Sam Jackson is still with them after several movies I think he wouldn't be opposed to it moneywise, all they have to do is market it well and the buzz it would create would be all the payment he needs. Can you imagine if they do an episode where they introduce Baron Strucker as a long time nemesis of Nick Fury and reveal something along the lines that Strucker took his eye or something and Jackson guest stars in the episode with Fury making it personal and going off his own and SHIELD scrambling to try and reel him in, I know I'm letting my imagination run wild here but it's the kind of stuff we have seen on TV.

#21 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,367
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postrash, on 26 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Not sure I'll stick with it; it had way to many Whedon-esque "cutesy-pie" moments. That's one of the reasons I LOATHED Buffy.


A-MEN!

#22 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,403
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have a curve-ball theory: What if Coulson was always an LMD?

#23 User is online   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostDevilbat, on 28 September 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I have a curve-ball theory: What if Coulson was always an LMD?

Ooo, nice twist, but I'm just not sold on the LMD theory. Coulson being an LMD seems a little to obvious, especially since the producers have stated their intention to carry this mystery throughout the season. No way is Whedon gonna give it to us that easy. Besides, didn't they come out and say at one point that Coulson would NOT be an LMD?

Now here's another theory. Gregg himself made mention of the show tying into Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now I have no idea how Bucky is being brought back in the movie, but what if whatever secret group/project is responsible is also responsible for Coulson's resurrection. That would certainly be in line with Hill and the doctor's secrecy about it. Also, assuming Bucky/Winter Soldier is some kind of super-soldier in the film, that would also explain Coulson's agility in dodging the van door in the pilot (though I'm not sure he was actually doing anything super-human).

#24 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,403
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, what about the little short film on the Thor movie extras, where Coulson stops at that convenience store on the way to the site of Thor's hammer and foils a robbery? That was awesome...he definitely showed some superhuman moves then.

#25 User is offline   JayC 

  • ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,068
  • Joined: 04-June 02

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think LMD would be more in line with the comics but who knows. I like Belmont's idea for Fury.

Share this topic:


  • 5 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us