• Group: Moderators

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Check it out here

Palpatine Returns

#2 User is online   featofstrength 

• Mer-Man
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

no thanks...its bad enough to lean so much on the older heroes of the classic trilogy to make new star wars acceptable. try harder, folks...even falling flat on your face trying to be original counts for something

#3 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 15 August 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

no thanks...its bad enough to lean so much on the older heroes of the classic trilogy to make new star wars acceptable. try harder, folks...even falling flat on your face trying to be original counts for something

Their seemingly over reliance on the original trilogy is becoming obnoxious and the whole explanation is kind of stupid and doesn't seem to fit to what was previously established(although that's nothing new) if it is true.

#4 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

I dunno.. a Sith Force Ghost sounds interesting.

#5 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Leave him dead.

#6 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm kind of torn. I mean if Sith Lords can learn how to live almost forever,why not?

#7 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Honestly i thought he died rather fast in episode 6. i rather want them to take a new direction though.

#8 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well the way it was explained in the Revenge of the Sith novelization, it had to with these feelings like selflessness in order to attain it things that wouldn't work with the Sith because they are all about the exact opposite. It was kind of ironic that one of the things the Sith crave the most was gonna be out of their reach due to the dark side of the force. I find it the clone option more plausible but still like Dark Empire before it diminishes Darth Vader's sacrifice to save his son, fulfilling his destiny of bringing balance to the force by doing away with the Sith. Then again I don't expect much from these movies in terms of continuity in fact I should deposit: breaking continuity for the sake of making the movie "cooler" or more "stylish" in the Feat of Strength's episode 7's time capsule.

#9 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

If it was true, I could see him 'returning' as a Sith hologram that somebody finds, but, as far a Sith spirit (would they have a red aura?) or clone, that would diminish ROTJ's ending, imo. Balance of the Force? He's baaack! How would you get rid of a Sith spirit, anyway? Ghostbusters crossover? :P

#10 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 15 August 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I could see him 'returning' as a Sith hologram that

That sir makes alot of sense too me

#11 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 15 August 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I could see him 'returning' as a Sith hologram that somebody finds, but, as far a Sith spirit (would they have a red aura?) or clone, that would diminish ROTJ's ending, imo. Balance of the Force? He's baaack! How would you get rid of a Sith spirit, anyway? Ghostbusters crossover? :P

The same way you'd get rid of Obi-Wan or Yoda or Anakin,I would imagine.

#12 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Now there is news about the return of Obi Wan

Obi Wan Returns

#13 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

I guess prequel era Obi-Wan, Anakin, and younger Yoda can continue fighting Palpatine in the netherworld of the Force? @hmmm@

#14 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Not digging any of these rumors so far. I don't want to sit through a convoluted explanation of how Emperor survived the pit or why Obi Wan's ghost is younger than he was when he died :rolleyes:

#15 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'd bet the outrage over Hayden's Anakin ghost and Greedo shooting first would be nothing compared to Ewan replacing Guiness

#16 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 16 August 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Not digging any of these rumors so far. I don't want to sit through a convoluted explanation of how Emperor survived the pit or why Obi Wan's ghost is younger than he was when he died :rolleyes:

Did you actually read the rumor though? It's not saying the Emperor would have survived.. it's speculating that maybe a clone... or as their source leaks, maybe in a force ghost type of form.

#17 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well luke always saw the ghosts of fallen jedis. Since luke is back, obi wan can still be his guide. Makeup can do a lot now and gregor could look like the old ben. If sidious returns there must be someone else. These ghosts or sprits seem to appear when they were in contact with the ones in the living world. So a bad guy may return. Someone like darth maul or perhaps one who was in the back and we dont know about.

#18 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Honor to the end."

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I was thinking perhaps they could do what they did in Man of Steel, where they digitally superimposed Christopher Reeves' face over Henry Cavill's in the scene where he was trying to destroy the world machine (?). I think it was meant to be a slight nod, as if Cavill's face was distorted by the Kryptonian energy...maybe they could do that with Ewan McGreggor; they could superimpose Sir Alec Guiness' face slightly over his, just enough to make him resemble his older self. In an Episode III DVD documentary they even discuss how symmetrically similar McGreggor's face is with Guiness'.

I love all of this talk of incorporating Palpatine and Obi-Wan into the sequels. I guess I'm just a sentimental person...

#19 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

And we thought things were bad when Lucas was running things.

#20 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

You guys make it sound so bad..Hell go see what Micheal Bay is doing to Transformers and you will see this is hardly anything

#21 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 August 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

You guys make it sound so bad..Hell go see what Micheal Bay is doing to Transformers and you will see this is hardly anything

I bet people said the same thing about Phantom Menace 15 years ago and well look at things now.

#22 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostBelmont13, on 18 August 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 August 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I bet people said the same thing about Phantom Menace 15 years ago and well look at things now.

I remember when George had Nsynch in the Jedi battle on Geonosis..People flipped..

Palps may be a hologram as far as we know it.But to me it will be interesting seeing Ewan McGregor interact with Mark Hamill.

#23 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Two More Actors Rumored For Roles

#24 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've got no problems with their kids showing up. Makes sense.

#25 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 August 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

I remember when George had Nsynch in the Jedi battle on Geonosis..People flipped..

What, who now? You mean N Sync the boy band???????

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us