Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie...

Nguyen_Dragon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be rude but there is already a thread discussing the Guardians of the Galaxy movie:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2092719

that said Glenn Glose looks really weird in that picture and I don't know what to make of Vin Diesel voicing Groot not sure if I like it but I guess it's better than him playing Vision as the fan speculation/rumors were pointing at.

I know this is :OT: but I saw the 4pack of Marvel Universe's Guardians on clearance for $12.48 @ Tergettt.....keep your eyes on the prize dudes....granted there's was only one but at other Targets they were still $17....

Here's the leaked footage from SDCC get it while it's hot:

http://marvelousnews...66&itemid=16348

That was quick... Its no longer available... How was it?...

That's too bad, have to say I found it surprisingly interesting it looks pretty cool so far especially considering they only been filming for a week by the time the footage was shown in SDCC. I don't really like the Nova Corps uniforms in the movie so far they look cheap like something out of a laser tag.

Just gonna say right off, I am NOT happy with the Nova suits. This may very well be the closest I ever come to getting a movie version of my all-time favorite Marvel character, and I'd just as soon he not look like a low-rent Stormtrooper knock-off in a bad Star Wars mockbuster.

Sorry, just had to put that outthere. The movie still looks like its gonna kick some serious butt.

It's already been said they the suits shown are not the main corps, they're just guards. Entry level, the centurions and their various ranks would have something closer to whats' in the comics.

Vin Diesel as Groot is an excellent choice. Remember he also voiced the Iron Giant.

and yeah, the costumes don't look very good so far.. but most comic movies don't, especially Marvel's

• 4 months later...

I'm not even a Guardians fan, but on some weird level, I think I may be looking more forward to this than I did Avengers.

You know what? Same here! I won't say I'm AS excited for this as Avengers, but Marvel studios has a good track record and there's no reason why this can't be a good film.

And is Drax Butista as in the wrestler Butista? Cool.

ROCKET RACCOON! I love it!!! I'm not even a Guardians fan, but on some weird level, I think I may be looking more forward to this than I did Avengers.

I understand the excitement, but did anyone ever read Rocket in the funnybooks sounding anything like Brad Cooper? Im sure he'll be fine, but...just sayin...

anyhoo...this 'first look' pic was at the tops of all the 'news' feeds today...remembering what a struggle it was to get superhero movies made let alone taken seriously in the olden days, I would never have dreamed a C list (maybe even D list?) property would ever get a feature.

Looks good!!! My biggest worry was Groor, but he looks ok!!! Lil Rocket looks pretty good too!!! It's going to be one interesting movie!!! Hope it does well, and we can get some more Marvel characters their big screen shot!!! ALPHA FLIGHT!!!!

• 1 month later...

decent trailer...didnt give away the whole movie like most. Though im not sure how much more there is to "rag-tag group of misfits band together to stop seemingly unstoppable adversary"...maybe they'll surprise us and take that theme somewhere new?

like most comic movies, not a fan of the "humor"...always feels so forced and a tad easy. Of course, its never as low as Transfromers level humor...hope that Rocket doesnt pull a Wheelie on Gamora!

Your comic/toy/geek movies' brand of humor has two extremes: The forced, drug themed and/or potty humor of Bayformes and the little-to-no humor of David Goyer script.

I think the Marvel movies fall nicely in between. Everyone's going to have their different sense of humor, of course, but I enjoy the Marvel movie humor more often than not. It's not forced the way every attempt at humor in Dark of the Moon was, and they're not taking themselves so seriously that they won't attempt to have some fun every once in a while.

I agree about the 2 extremes of comedy in these kinds of movies, but...maybe I meant "tired" instead of "forced" for Marvel? I dunno...the cranking middle finger bit might as well have been accompanied by a record scratch sound.

wonder if "a-holes" is in its true, uncensored form in the movie.

blurred F-you gesture, six-packs and naked lady back are okay for the kiddies, though

ugh.. the "comedy" junk forced in just pisses me off.

we have seen this movie a hundred times... a rag-tag group of misfits teams up to... blah blah blah

I couldn't tell from the trailer, is this Guardians of the Galaxy, or Police Academy 8?

and since when is Star Lord the same guy as Mahony?