TNI Forums: Superman & Batman Movie Next... - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Superman & Batman Movie Next...

#1 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Invisible Woman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,594
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

http://movies.yahoo....-180719840.html

http://toynewsi.com/...46&itemid=20793

This makes sense while they introduce a few more members of The Justice League...

#2 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,827
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

SWEET! I can put this on my DVD shelf with Justice League, Wonder Woman, SHAZAM!, . . . and all the other movies that were "confirmed" but never happened.

#3 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,974
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

I just heard this on Fox News and I think it's great it heading torwards a Justice League movie

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

The Snyder/Goyer combo did not knock my socks off with Man of Steel but we'll wait and see what they come up with for this one.

I'll be interested to see who the next Batman is. He's the greatest superhero of all time, so no pressure @bats@

#5 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Bet that gotham will not survive it. Lol

#6 User is offline   Dravenheart 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 14-June 08

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Gotta say, I hope this one pulls through. If no Justice League, a World's Finest movie would be the next big thing I would love to see. I wasn't fond of Dark Knight Rises, but I did enjoy Man of Steel quite a bit. And I've always liked the Batman/Superman comics, so yeah, I would love for this to happen. But, of course, considering Warner Bros track record, I'll hold out more faith when I see a trailer.

#7 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,293
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 20 July 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

The Snyder/Goyer combo did not knock my socks off with Man of Steel but we'll wait and see what they come up with for this one.

I'll be interested to see who the next Batman is. He's the greatest superhero of all time, so no pressure @bats@


With Bale already saying he's not interested in anymore Batman movies I'm pretty sure they are gonna reboot. I also wasn't impressed by the Snyder/Goyer combo I'm hoping the tone of the movie is better next time but like Mako and Dravenheart I'll be excited when I see something more concrete.

#8 User is offline   gruntcast 

  • Decepticon Seeker
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,720
  • Joined: 19-April 06

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Cool I loved man of steel so this will at the very least be action backed. Loved the smallvile fight scene.

#9 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

  • The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,037
  • Joined: 10-October 02

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ill be there opening night!!!

#10 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

I make it no secret that I think jumping right into a Justice League movie is not a good idea. This, however, is much more feasible. By now, the general public is well aware of who both Superman and Batman are, so the timing is right. The premise of two major heroes sharing the same movie has also never been done and that's always a plus. If it's written right, seeing these two interact on screen should be a real kick.

#11 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

  • With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,930
  • Joined: 20-January 02

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

They made Supes TOO powerful in MOS.......how the hell is Batman going to share the screen with that? I'm not really excited for this......WB still hasn't shown me that they really know what they are doing yet. They can't get out of their own way.....I liked PARTS of MOS.......I'm about as hyped for this as I get for any FOX Marvel film anymore......."We'll see"

#12 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostRobbieDigital, on 21 July 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

They made Supes TOO powerful in MOS.......how the hell is Batman going to share the screen with that? I'm not really excited for this......WB still hasn't shown me that they really know what they are doing yet. They can't get out of their own way.....I liked PARTS of MOS.......I'm about as hyped for this as I get for any FOX Marvel film anymore......."We'll see"


I agree with all of that. Another thing they did with MOS was make Superman too much of a brooder. And now when he shares the screen with Batman, you're going to have two characters moping around instead of that contrast of the two distinctly different personalities.

And of course, other people have touched on it: if it's WB, you can't get too excited right away.

#13 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,293
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 21 July 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

View PostRobbieDigital, on 21 July 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

They made Supes TOO powerful in MOS.......how the hell is Batman going to share the screen with that? I'm not really excited for this......WB still hasn't shown me that they really know what they are doing yet. They can't get out of their own way.....I liked PARTS of MOS.......I'm about as hyped for this as I get for any FOX Marvel film anymore......."We'll see"


I agree with all of that. Another thing they did with MOS was make Superman too much of a brooder. And now when he shares the screen with Batman, you're going to have two characters moping around instead of that contrast of the two distinctly different personalities.

And of course, other people have touched on it: if it's WB, you can't get too excited right away.



And the nail has been hit on the head with these two posts, I didn't liked Superman's personality(if he had one) in MOS to me he came across as a major douche. There's a part of me that really wants to get excited for this which is the part that loved the animated World's Finest and the reason I loved it so much was the contrast of personalities now I'm not saying it can't be done but it's going to be a bit difficult. Also I still think the next movie should have been Wonder Woman it's a travesty they haven't gotten that off the ground. Oh well at least with Snyder I'll be satisfied with the action.

#14 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Batman casting rumors (of course) are already swirling. Some are so bad that I won't even post them...

#15 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,731
  • Joined: 20-November 03

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well Goyer already said they're in Preproduction, so I'm sure they'll cast Batman pretty quickly so they can hit the 2015 target date.

#16 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,376
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't get the ever present desire from fans to see Superman and Batman fight each other? Why does it have to be VS?

#17 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,827
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 25 July 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well Goyer already said they're in Preproduction, so I'm sure they'll cast Batman pretty quickly so they can hit the 2015 target date.

Not to mention get some publicity going.

#18 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,293
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 25 July 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Am I the only one who doesn't get the ever present desire from fans to see Superman and Batman fight each other? Why does it have to be VS?


You're not the only one, also the way they announce and advertise it came off as Batman hijacking Superman's sequel and Superman being Batman's b#%$, if that's the case not really looking forward to that.

#19 User is offline   DarkFlash 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 18-February 09

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Belmont13 said:

1374794334[/url]' post='16796736']

featofstrength said:

1374782435[/url]' post='16796724']
Am I the only one who doesn't get the ever present desire from fans to see Superman and Batman fight each other? Why does it have to be VS?


You're not the only one, also the way they announce and advertise it came off as Batman hijacking Batman sequel and Superman being Batman's b#%$, if that's the case not really looking forward to that.


i agree..... an adaptation of the World's Finest episode of the Animated series would work best IMO.

#20 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,827
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostDarkFlash, on 25 July 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Belmont13 said:

1374794334[/url]' post='16796736']

featofstrength said:

1374782435[/url]' post='16796724']
Am I the only one who doesn't get the ever present desire from fans to see Superman and Batman fight each other? Why does it have to be VS?


You're not the only one, also the way they announce and advertise it came off as Batman hijacking Batman sequel and Superman being Batman's b#%$, if that's the case not really looking forward to that.


i agree..... an adaptation of the World's Finest episode of the Animated series would work best IMO.

World's Finest was good, but seeing as how this won't be any previously established Batman, it really wouldn't work here. Something adapted from early Superman and early Batman's first meeting way back in the Man of Steel miniseries would be more appropriate. Although, this being a big budget motion picture event, we'd need a more substantial villain than Magpie.

Of course, we also have to remember, this is like Avengers, its historic. Superman and Batman, the two biggest super-heroes PERIOD, meeting on the big screen for the first time. That calls for something new, original.

#21 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,376
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postmako, on 26 July 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

That calls for something new, original.


“We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.” -Zack Snyder

but they start off the "excitement" by reading a quote directly from TDKR that implies what the movie is about:
Posted Image
There has to be more to flesh it out, but the idea of VS., the selling point, is hardly original. We got short moments of Thor vs Iron Man, Hulk vs the Avengers, in the Avengers movie and it was enough and appropriate for the film as a whole, but I expect this movie to take the concept and go overboard...

45 minutes of Zod and Superman punching each other thru buildings wasnt enough! get ready for 2 hrs and 45 minutes of Batman punching Superman thru buildings!

...and overboard to the point where its just mind-numbingly boring.


Sorry, the VS aspect doesnt appeal to me. Sure, Id expect them to butt heads and some tension because they work differently(Worlds Finest)...but to write an entire movie focused strictly on the world's two greatest SuperHEROES punching each other? meh. Sure, this is all speculation, but I saw MOS, and we're still dealing with Zack Snyder here...

#22 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,293
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Completely agree with every word, Feat, funny thing is growing up as much as I loved the Superman films I always wished they had more action, have Superman punching someone through a building or something then I watched Man of Steel and I was careful what you wish for.....

#23 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,376
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostBelmont13, on 26 July 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Completely agree with every word, Feat, funny thing is growing up as much as I loved the Superman films I always wished they had more action, have Superman punching someone through a building or something then I watched Man of Steel and I was careful what you wish for.....


Oh, I did, too. But i also imagined cosequences, greater stakes, and character impact...MOS had little of this in its sfx showcase

#24 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,293
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Unfortunately it did and it was sorely needed especially with a character like Supes I think it was Batman that said:

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."

That is why heart attack trumps tornado as a cause of death.

#25 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Do we know for sure this is called Superman VS Barman or is it just Superman/Batman. I find it hard to believe they'd spend 2 1/2 hrs of the two warring with each other although in today's movie industry, I'm sure it's possible.

I just REALLY hope that when the creators sit down to write out the final battle they realize that mass destruction of a city is getting very, VERY old. And when I say "very, VERY old", I mean I really don't need to see it in another super hero movie ever again. Let's start being creative, creators.

Share this topic:


  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us