TNI Forums: Batman Unlimited Beware Of The Batman 6" Figure Revealed - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Batman Unlimited Beware Of The Batman 6" Figure Revealed

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Batman Unlimited Beware Of The Batman 6" Figure Revealed

View the full article

#2 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Looks great but the articulations seem to take a hit once again.

#3 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hmmm....definitely an animated feel to the figure.

It will be a wait and see in person figure for me.

#4 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Kinda reminds me of the TMNT movie figures.

Except I liked them.

#5 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Horrible. DCUC is dying at retail. This will be a major peg warmer I foresee. This is not what collectors want.... matty hits another homerun in their minds only.
Draven

#6 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Since it is based on a tv show no one has seen before it couls sell pretty well if you ask me. I just dont get why they dont do a new line out of it since they love to do that and every ne batman line seems to sell anyway.

#7 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postshokker, on 23 May 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

I just dont get why they dont do a new line out of it since they love to do that and every ne batman line seems to sell anyway.

Well its not as easy as all that is it? Buzz for the show seems to be pretty mixed, there are already two Bat-Lines outthere, and worst of all, there's no telling if CN is gonna up and cancel the series after a couple of episodes (or at least put it on a 9 month hiatus). That's awfully shakey ground to build a tie-in line on.

Then again, this is Mattel, so who knows.

#8 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'm a bit surprised that they're doing a six inch version of this Batman. It doesn't look as if they will be able to use the arms, legs or head for anything else. They could possibly use the chest to do an 90's animated or JL/JLU six inch animated Batman. I just think it's funny that Mattel has always stressed that tooling is so expensive and that they try to think of other things that the tooling could be used for but we are seeing a lot of new tooling that can;t be reused.

#9 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Postmako, on 23 May 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

View Postshokker, on 23 May 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

I just dont get why they dont do a new line out of it since they love to do that and every ne batman line seems to sell anyway.

Well its not as easy as all that is it? Buzz for the show seems to be pretty mixed, there are already two Bat-Lines outthere, and worst of all, there's no telling if CN is gonna up and cancel the series after a couple of episodes (or at least put it on a 9 month hiatus). That's awfully shakey ground to build a tie-in line on.

Then again, this is Mattel, so who knows.

Batman characters always sell and that for years now. Even batman shows get at least 3-4seasons everytime. Sure nothing is for sure but batman is the top hero. Look at the latest batman figures. They sell really good around here. Even sold out in some places and they are far from good looking. The villains all have pretty unique sculpts. Same goes to these injustice figures. All unique sculpts and i doubt a lot are interested in those. To me mattel has lost track where they should invest money on.

#10 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yeah the Injustice figs are just sitting around me. Batman, Supes and Joker does not matter. They are not moving at all.
Draven

#11 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostDraven79, on 23 May 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Yeah the Injustice figs are just sitting around me. Batman, Supes and Joker does not matter. They are not moving at all.
Draven

Thats true....I've seen them at several places.

#12 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

I believe mattel thought injustice would be the next arkham city, lol.

#13 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

View Postshokker, on 25 May 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

I believe mattel thought injustice would be the next arkham city, lol.

Maybe. But I'm betting its Mattel's plan to use their retail lines as marketing tools.

You know, a new Batman 'toon comes out, Batman Unlimited does a figure to publicise it. A new video game comes out, DC Unlimited does a few figures for the same reason. Even the New 52 figures might be considered glorified advertising.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see a couple of Arkham Origins figures at SDCC (which would be severely cool).

#14 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

at least those designs might look cool unlike 99% of the MK inspired designs @loll@
Draven

#15 User is offline   JayCueBatman 

• I am he who is called I am...I am The Dark Knight MOD!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah the injustice figs are just sitting on the pegs where as the Planet X and TDKR Bats never made it here in Mississippi

#16 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostJayCueBatman, on 17 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Yeah the injustice figs are just sitting on the pegs where as the Planet X and TDKR Bats never made it here in Mississippi

For what its worth, I've never even seen a Wonder Woman around here. So natch, when my local Wally-World did do their semi-annual restock this weekend . . . its all Injustice Figures.

#17 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Round here the Injustice Line is Hard to find, nothing really at Terget or Wallyworld cept the Penguin, I picked up Planet X and TDKR when I saw them......haha "Semi Annual Re-Stock" yup seems like anymore they just don't want our cash and the online markets are reaping all the profit....

#18 User is offline   supreme-d 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

So godamn stupid

#19 User is offline   Joker08 

• Battle Droid

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

JayCue what part of MS are you from? I'm close to Starkville. They got one shipment in of of the Planet X bats and the dark knight one. Have yet to find Wonder Woman.

#20 User is offline   JayCueBatman 

• I am he who is called I am...I am The Dark Knight MOD!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostJoker08, on 17 June 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

JayCue what part of MS are you from? I'm close to Starkville. They got one shipment in of of the Planet X bats and the dark knight one. Have yet to find Wonder Woman.

I live in Ocean Springs, just outside of Biloxi! I have gotten those Batman figs from my buddy in Florida. We are expecting another WW shipment at the shop soon. I know we have an order in, just waiting to see it arrive!

#21 User is offline   rash 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us