TNI Forums: MOTUC Secret "Spirit of Hordak" Figure Revealed (Update) - TNI Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MOTUC Secret "Spirit of Hordak" Figure Revealed (Update)

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

MOTUC Secret "Spirit of Hordak" Figure Revealed (Update)

View the full article

#2 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

A figure nobody knew about has already shown up with a dozen sales on ebay....

#3 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

This sucks. I hope to get a chance at this because i was at the awesome star trek movie. So i guess we dont get every figure in the sub, lol

#4 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postshokker, on 08 May 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

This sucks. I hope to get a chance at this because i was at the awesome star trek movie. So i guess we dont get every figure in the sub, lol

Nope!

#5 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Glad it was a passable fig, i would be really pissed if it was something really good, those ebayers will chock on their stock lol.

#6 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Since this figure will be available from time to time does that mean that the same people can buy it over and over again? Thats scalper heaven isnt it? Lol

#7 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postshokker, on 08 May 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Since this figure will be available from time to time does that mean that the same people can buy it over and over again? Thats scalper heaven isnt it? Lol

This seems to be all this is: throwing another bone to scalpers. I'm not sure why Mattel loves the MOTUC secondary market and the subsequent markup all the figures get there, but they seem to make it a priority. I guess they must give their employees extra stock to sell. @hmmm@ @smilepunch@

How did people "find" this exactly? A Mattel corporate e-mail to all employees?

#8 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostEric, on 08 May 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

View Postshokker, on 08 May 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

This seems to be all this is: throwing another bone to scalpers. I'm not sure why Mattel loves the MOTUC secondary market and the subsequent markup all the figures get there, but they seem to make it a priority. I guess they must give their employees extra stock to sell. @hmmm@ @smilepunch@

How did people "find" this exactly? A Mattel corporate e-mail to all employees?

That is a good question...its almost like it was revealed to a small group of people.

#9 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

It keeps the line hot and current and people talking about it, and people subscribing and buying the figures, that's why they do it.. ;)

And no, I don't subscribe, nor do I collect the line.

#10 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

They could have sent a mail to subscriber with a hint or something. Yeah well i have nearly all the figures and since he will be offered again i wont be upset right now.

#11 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Well, I hope most people are starting to realize that Mattel NEVER, EVER cared about the REAL MOTU fans. Every business strategy they implement to sell MOTUC figures is aimed directly at etailers like Big Bad Toy Store, etc. AND the ebay sellers that buy these figures in bulk to sell at astronomical prices. Mattel only cares about moving large quantities of figures and creating artificial demand. They pulled this Spirit of Hordak move because they know a limited chase variant will instantly be on ebay at $100+ Mattel is trying to boost the demand of the line so BBTS and the like will continue to buy a crap load of subs, The only way they will continue to buy the subs is if they are convinced there is a demand for them. online etailers are Matty's bread and butter. Any other subs or day of sales from the REAL fans is icing on the cake for Mattel. It's business as usual.

#12 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Oh thank god its not part of the sub ...I don't want it

#13 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 09 May 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Well, I hope most people are starting to realize that Mattel NEVER, EVER cared about the REAL MOTU fans. Every business strategy they implement to sell MOTUC figures is aimed directly at etailers like Big Bad Toy Store, etc. AND the ebay sellers that buy these figures in bulk to sell at astronomical prices. Mattel only cares about moving large quantities of figures and creating artificial demand. They pulled this Spirit of Hordak move because they know a limited chase variant will instantly be on ebay at $100+ Mattel is trying to boost the demand of the line so BBTS and the like will continue to buy a crap load of subs, The only way they will continue to buy the subs is if they are convinced there is a demand for them. online etailers are Matty's bread and butter. Any other subs or day of sales from the REAL fans is icing on the cake for Mattel. It's business as usual.

I hate to burst your bubble but moving large quantities of product and creating demand is probably the number 1 priority of any major company, not just Mattel.

#14 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Imagine if this was King Grayskull...

#15 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

My SoH shipped today :)

#16 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostJayC, on 09 May 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I hate to burst your bubble but moving large quantities of product and creating demand is probably the number 1 priority of any major company, not just Mattel.

No one is arguing that. But the point is, Mattel doesn't care that fans will have to pay even more money via secondary market to obtain their collection. Mattel isn't about customer/fan satisfaction by any stretch of the imagination, so when fans constantly tug on Neitlich's nads, thanking him profusely, I just have to laugh and say, "REALLY! You really think he doing you a favor?" Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

#17 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostJayC, on 09 May 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Its not just creating demand here...they are getting people to put in an extra order this month at full shipping cost.

They did it for the extra revenue to offset the "gift" they promised of $4 off of shipping.

#18 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

LOL! So even gifts aren't really gifts... but I new that already. I wonder what Mattel gained from giving everyone free figures a few months back, because they sure as hell aint gonna take any loses. There's always an angle.

#19 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Toy Wars: The A$$hole Strikes Back.

Fan:
"Quit playing games with your fanbase like you did today with that Hordak figure. You do nothing but anger your fans when you 1) don't announce any new figure 2) put on sale without notice 3) play it off as "fun."

I know it's hard to understand this, but regarding your fans, well, yes we collect toys, but we also have lives. When you have a sale, we make the needed arrangements to be around in order to buy your products. When you pull this kind of bad bad bad decision, you are basically giving us the finger.

Whatever your excuse for pulling a lame stunt such as this, if you pull it again, don't suddenly wonder why sub sales are dropping off. My advice? Don't do it again. You only come off as d-bags, who enjoy angering your fans. There was no "fun" part of this, it wasn't a "reward" for those who got the figure, and I don't think your little games are worth killing the line over."

Neitlich: "So noted! We knew not everyone would be please, but hey, keep watching the site, you never know when Hordak will be back!"

#20 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Should have been one per customer, simple as that.

#21 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

No need to get excited everybody, these will be back. I really doupt that at the end of the day this will be that rare. I would bet we will see him during teh black friday sale and probally at least monthly until then. Heck I missed him, didnt even know about it, and im not worried. If theres one thing this line has shown me its that patience usually pays off on anything outside of the sub.

#22 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I personally don't see the appeal in this figure

#23 User is offline   azrael23 

• Snakeman

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 09 May 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Toy Wars: The A$$hole Strikes Back.

@loll@

#24 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

On a more positive note, anyone think that while they ran this batch of red translucent Hordaks, they went ahead and did Laser Light Skeletor's havoc staff at the same time? I personally think that for whatever logistical reason, Mattel had no choice but to purchase a certain amount of tranlucent red and they wanted to get their moneys worth... so they came up with the Spirit of Hordak.

because we can never have too many Horde figures. LOL.

#25 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

howzabout instead of wasting money on Hard Rock Candy Hordak they pump out some more reissues of Whiplash and Beastman, maybe a few more Ram Mans?..........we'll even if they did I guess I would prolly find out about it after the "fun" was sold out......

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us