Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hit monkey wave Teams halfway there.

#1 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

With the release of the Hit Monkey wave I'm nearly completing some teams. First up is the X-men Gold team.
Posted Image

In the next wave I'm gonna get the Jim Lee Jean Grey getting closer to complete this team.

next up is the uncanny x-force team, I only need the variant Archangel and I'm done although judging by the wave 3 variants situation it might be a while.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

With Protector I'm getting one step closer to completing the Heroic Avengers now I only need the upcoming Hawkeye

Posted Image

honorable mention: the other X-force team but this one is far from being complete.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't like rebuying stuff but that Archangel is so much better than the TB X-Men Classics version. If I get a shot at him at retail I'll grab him. Then it's just Jean Grey and the Gold team is complete!

#4 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 07 May 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I don't like rebuying stuff but that Archangel is so much better than the TB X-Men Classics version. If I get a shot at him at retail I'll grab him. Then it's just Jean Grey and the Gold team is complete!

I don't own the previous one but from what I have seen in videos and pictures it's better than the Toybiz version. I definitely recommend it if you can find one grab it especially since it's getting very difficult to get, I saw in another forum a customizer buy 6 Archangels from amazon.com for custom purposes. I completely understand the rebuying aspect of collection and how frustating it can be one of the reasons I got out of collecting Star Wars figs now that I'm preparing for a big move and I'm packing and storing stuff I am once again dealing with the annoying aspect of having multiple versions of a figure.

#5 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm at the point where I can barely justify same character/different costume. Same character/same costume/different sculpt has to be out of the question unless the new version is something that is so good I just have to break down and cry.

#6 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

He is sooooo much better indeed. I was iffy on having to buy him again, but he blew me away.
Draven

#7 User is offline   Marvel_Joe_Spider 

• Marvel Fighter

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

There was no doubt when I saw the pics of him I was getting him, and got lucky and found him. He is awesome.

I would like thought variants to come out

#8 User is offline   UncannyFigureReview 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Still not managed to get my hands on an Archangel, but got the rest of the wave (that I was interested in) They just haven't shown up at all in the UK, which is rather frustrating! :(
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

The new Archangel blows the old one out of the water. I suggest that once you find a Hasbro Archangel, you buy it, and promptly toss the Toybiz one into the garbage.

#10 User is offline   Professor 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have the old ToyBiz one and its not that bad but not as good as this new one is. With my limited money situation, however, it is really hard to justify the purchase of a figure I already own but I am definitely planning on trying to get the variant X-Force one. Then my Uncanny X-Force will be pretty much complete. I'd like to add AoA Nightcrawler in his X-Force uniform.

#11 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Archangel at BBTS, scalped for three times retail price, STILL sells out!

Fanboys will pay any amount....

#12 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

I just picked up Archangel!! He is a sweet figure!!! Perfect actually!!

Now I'm done with that wave!! Got Red She-Hulk, Protector, and of course Hyperion!!! Willing to trade off Protector. He's a cool figure, but don't know too much about him!!!

#13 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

only seen a messed up Hyperion figure once. Haven't seen anybody else from this wave

where are all the Marvel Legends being shipped to, Hasbro?

#14 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostCLAM, on 24 June 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

only seen a messed up Hyperion figure once. Haven't seen anybody else from this wave

where are all the Marvel Legends being shipped to, Hasbro?

Not around here that I've seen!

#15 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

At the local grocery store I can get Hyperion, Red She Hulk, and Protector. But their packages got crushed up a bit!! Anyone needs them, let me know!! I can pick them up for ya, just cover cost and shipping.

#16 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

HTS finally selling single figures of this wave but of course Archangel is already out of stock...

#17 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 01 July 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

HTS finally selling single figures of this wave but of course Archangel is already out of stock...

I'm thinking if they hold them back and sell them on the 2ndary market under an alias they could make 2x's the money they would normally at regular retail......maybe I've been watching too many X-files reruns.....

#18 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

TRU is constantly getting restocks. No one else is though @loll@
Draven

#19 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostDraven79, on 02 July 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Draven

They do but I rarely beat the scalpers in my area...

#20 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 02 July 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Draven

dude.. I don't think we can blame scalpers on this. We all know that Hasbro isn't shipping any figures, or they barely are. So there are tons of folks out there who haven't seen them at all. Like I said, I haven't seen MOST of their "return of ML" stuff. So with so little product available, there are too many folks looking for them to just blame scalpers.

blame hasbro

#21 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostCLAM, on 03 July 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

dude.. I don't think we can blame scalpers on this. We all know that Hasbro isn't shipping any figures, or they barely are.

I have to agree. There was a whole Epic Heroes wave was completely skipped over by retailers (I'm pretty sure that white Dr Doom and New Mutants chick are just a myth). You can't scalp what's not available.

#22 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostCLAM, on 03 July 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 02 July 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Draven

dude.. I don't think we can blame scalpers on this. We all know that Hasbro isn't shipping any figures, or they barely are. So there are tons of folks out there who haven't seen them at all. Like I said, I haven't seen MOST of their "return of ML" stuff. So with so little product available, there are too many folks looking for them to just blame scalpers.

blame hasbro

I shouldn't have quoted Draven statement... TOYSRUS are restocking more than other stores but I wouldn't say they are doing it constantly... They few times they did scalpers beat me to it...

I don't really know who to blame though... Is it really Hasbro or are stores just not ordering and keeping the toy department at a bare minimum on purpose?...

#23 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

The Epic heroes or 3rd wave I haven't seen at stores I got them from amazon when they dropped to 8 dollars. Hit monkey wave I saw them at Disney store and Toys R Us but not a lot of them I guess scalpers were beating me to them, haven't seen them at wal mart.

#24 User is offline   BigBearJahlon 

• Cardassian

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Still can't find Hyperion but was able to get both Wolverine and Archangel a few weeks ago. The only thing " wrong" with Archangel is that the US Agent buck is smaller than Wolvie and the feet are tiny. However the face sculpt alone makes him worth the purchase.
While I wish this was the X-Force version, I am content. This could easily be the figure of the year

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us