TNI Forums: 2013 SDCC Exclusive DCU Club Infinite Earths "Shazam!" New 52 - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2013 SDCC Exclusive DCU Club Infinite Earths "Shazam!" New 52

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

  • Monkey
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18,084
  • Joined: 22-January 07

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

2013 SDCC Exclusive DCU Club Infinite Earths "Shazam!" New 52

View the full article

#2 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I look at a lot of forums right now and man this seems to be the worst choice ever, lol

#3 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,715
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

wow, is Mattel just giving up on everything now? Quite a lame crop of SDCC exclusives this year. Oh well, you know what I always say: "#$## SDCC, #$## exclusives"

#4 User is offline   nevermore 

  • Flock Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,731
  • Joined: 01-February 04

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Crap. I finally get to again and this is what I can get? I don't hate it but its nothing special.

#5 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,680
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

And if they gave us another Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman people would have complained about that.

DC is pushing New 52 stuff now, that's just the way it is.

#6 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,090
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

The issue is this is not a figure anyone really asked for. Many had their hopes on a new figure(with a tooling budget) such as Granny Goodness to be brought out.

This isn't my first choice but I still like any kinda version I can get of a Golden-Age character.

#7 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,090
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Even if its a New 52 figure....

#8 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 742
  • Joined: 01-April 08

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Not that I'd ever have any interest in a new 52 Shazam, but that hood looks terrible.

#9 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,140
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Looks like a hooded turd.... sigh but I will get it since I have all the others
Draven

#10 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 01 May 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

DC is pushing New 52 stuff now, that's just the way it is.

It's not the New 52 stuff that bugs me, its the crappy New 52 stuff.

#11 User is offline   Pharmacoviper 

  • Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 11-February 04

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

I dunno, I like Shazam as an exclusive. He's an iconic character, but not one in high demand. What if the exclusive were a character everyone was excited about? Then we'd all be complaining we can't get the exclusive because it sold out so fast. @smilepunch@

PharmV

#12 User is offline   Flounnderr 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 554
  • Joined: 12-March 09

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostPharmacoviper, on 02 May 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

I dunno, I like Shazam as an exclusive. He's an iconic character, but not one in high demand. What if the exclusive were a character everyone was excited about? Then we'd all be complaining we can't get the exclusive because it sold out so fast. @smilepunch@

PharmV


Yes 100% agree! I'm very happy with all the Mattel exclusives this year, precisely b/c they are NOT fan demanded figures. Both MOTU and DC figures are nice to have for completists but definately not essential parts of the collection.

Congrats Mattel!!!

#13 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,715
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Many had their hopes on a new figure(with a tooling budget) such as Granny Goodness to be brought out.


Exactly. Because if they arent gonna pull out the stops for the con, we know they're definitely not gonna do it for us any other time.

#14 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 02 May 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Many had their hopes on a new figure(with a tooling budget) such as Granny Goodness to be brought out.


Exactly. Because if they arent gonna pull out the stops for the con, we know they're definitely not gonna do it for us any other time.

All Mattel bashing aside, we all saw this coming. Maybe 3 waves a year now, 2-4 figures a wave, Mattel has done some serious downsizing on the DCUC/DCU front. We are now paying for the embarrassment of riches we got over the last 10 years or so. 6 figure waves, all exclusively sculpted by the Four Horsemen, character selection covering EVERYONE from Aquaman to Zatanna. We got the friggin' Super Friends for cryin' out loud.

Mattel is far from my favorite toy company, but I can't say they never gave me anything.

#15 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,715
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Postmako, on 02 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

but I can't say they never gave me anything.


that's true...I love the incomplete collections I have! JLU, DCUC, Young Justice. I thought nothing would be more awesome than my incomplete Playmates Addams Family figures (no Wednesday) until it was clear that I could start collecting a Ghostbusters line that would not include Gozer!

#16 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,680
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postmako, on 02 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

We are now paying for the embarrassment of riches we got over the last 10 years or so. 6 figure waves, all exclusively sculpted by the Four Horsemen, character selection covering EVERYONE from Aquaman to Zatanna. We got the friggin' Super Friends for cryin' out loud.

Mattel is far from my favorite toy company, but I can't say they never gave me anything.



I gotta agree whole heartedly with that one. Mattel and Toybiz/Hasbro both gave us long running, diverse, fan-pleasing lines of 6" figures. And what do you hear about the most? Stuff we "never got". Boo hoo.

#17 User is offline   spidersam 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 250
  • Joined: 21-January 07

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 02 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

We are now paying for the embarrassment of riches we got over the last 10 years or so. 6 figure waves, all exclusively sculpted by the Four Horsemen, character selection covering EVERYONE from Aquaman to Zatanna. We got the friggin' Super Friends for cryin' out loud.

Mattel is far from my favorite toy company, but I can't say they never gave me anything.



I gotta agree whole heartedly with that one. Mattel and Toybiz/Hasbro both gave us long running, diverse, fan-pleasing lines of 6" figures. And what do you hear about the most? Stuff we "never got". Boo hoo.


I agree with you for the most part, except when it comes to ghostbusters, I mean no Gozer, seriously! That's almost like a Batman line without Joker.

#18 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postspidersam, on 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 02 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

We are now paying for the embarrassment of riches we got over the last 10 years or so. 6 figure waves, all exclusively sculpted by the Four Horsemen, character selection covering EVERYONE from Aquaman to Zatanna. We got the friggin' Super Friends for cryin' out loud.

Mattel is far from my favorite toy company, but I can't say they never gave me anything.



I gotta agree whole heartedly with that one. Mattel and Toybiz/Hasbro both gave us long running, diverse, fan-pleasing lines of 6" figures. And what do you hear about the most? Stuff we "never got". Boo hoo.


I agree with you for the most part, except when it comes to ghostbusters, I mean no Gozer, seriously! That's almost like a Batman line without Joker.

You're kinda missing our point. That incomplete Ghostbusters line you guys mentioned? Ghostbusters 2 came out nearly a quarter of a century ago, the original 5 years before that. The fact that we got a collector line at all should be enough.

Believe me, I was there. We didn't even get decent figures when the movies were new!

#19 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,715
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Mattel and Toybiz/Hasbro both gave us long running, diverse, fan-pleasing lines of 6" figures. And what do you hear about the most? Stuff we "never got". Boo hoo.


that doesn't make any sense...one of those companies is STILL working to deliver the goods (even trying to finish what another started), whereas the other, well:
Posted Image
wish the future was as bright for Detective Chimp...

#20 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,680
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

I hate Hit Monkey. 10 years ago that "action figure" would have been a pack-in with another 6"er. Today he's considered a BAF. PLEASE!!!!

#21 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I hate Hit Monkey. 10 years ago that "action figure" would have been a pack-in with another 6"er. Today he's considered a BAF. PLEASE!!!!



Yep specially that now we got iron man legends with new sculpts and iron monger baf. These companies make no sense. May it be mattel or hasbro, lol. Still with hasbro we at least get some weapons for the characters. It wouldnt hurt mattel to include some kryptonite once in a while. I mean they did a lot over the past years and could include them again. Or some batarangs for that matter.

#22 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,715
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postshokker, on 02 May 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I hate Hit Monkey. 10 years ago that "action figure" would have been a pack-in with another 6"er. Today he's considered a BAF. PLEASE!!!!



Yep specially that now we got iron man legends with new sculpts and iron monger baf. These companies make no sense. May it be mattel or hasbro, lol. Still with hasbro we at least get some weapons for the characters. It wouldnt hurt mattel to include some kryptonite once in a while. I mean they did a lot over the past years and could include them again. Or some batarangs for that matter.


so it's not so much "complaining about complaining about have's/have-nots", but more "it's not like it used to be" or "Hasbro/Toy Biz vs. Mattel" or just another layer of the "DC vs Marvel" debate with you guys? Whichever, these comments don't work well with the "I love comics, I love toys, just be happy we get anything so #$## the whiners" attitude cultivated above.

#23 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

View Postshokker, on 02 May 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

It wouldnt hurt mattel to include some kryptonite once in a while. I mean they did a lot over the past years and could include them again. Or some batarangs for that matter.

Not really that big a sticking point for me. I can always raid some of those older figures for accessories. As of now, my DCU 52 Superman includes a chunk of "meteor rock" from a Smallville Clark Kent. 52 Batman has a pretty sizable arsenal (grapple, cuffs, and several assorted batarangs) thanks to a couple of DCSH Batman figures, and 52 Batgirl now packs the gear from a DCUC Crimefighter Batman.

#24 User is offline   carrowsboy 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: 19-October 12

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm actually looking forward to this!

Lord knows DC has crapped enough all over Shazam fans for years now.

#25 User is offline   Eric 

  • Zartan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,236
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

The hood looks like it could fit better, but I don't think it's a bad looking figure. I've always liked Captain Marvel.

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us