TNI Forums: Jamie Foxx as Electro PICS! - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jamie Foxx as Electro PICS!

#1 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://movies.yahoo....-153248794.html

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,677
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

guess that means no turning back now...had hopes theyd drop Electro, or at least Foxx


I never liked the Ultimates...did anyone really like the Ultimates?

#3 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,021
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Does it really matter?

It's all the same. Such and such studio licenses a comic-book character because comics have a built in audience they want to take advantage of. Then they turn around and, by virtue of casting, rewriting, and re-designing, make the character as different from the source material as humanly possible.

Even worse, the comics then turn around and alter the source material to closer reflect the movie.

It's gotten to the point I don't even care anymore.

#4 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 16 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I never liked the Ultimates...did anyone really like the Ultimates?


No. But what are you saying? Is Electro blue in the Ultimate universe? I honestly don't know. I enjoyed Avengers with black Nick Fury....

Still, he's looking a bit like the Arnold Mistuh Freeze here. I'll have to see the rest of him to judge.

#5 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,335
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'm sure in the ultimates universe Electro is still as lame as Sandman.......I guess the giant yellow mask would be kind of bothersome when your trying not to get your A%$ kicked by Spiderman...........can they use some cooler villians, or even add Punisher or Daredevil for some kinda excitement factor? I dunno why I'm complainin, I never saw the Amazing Spidermin, I feel bad too, cause Starz network was free last weekend and I didn't have the urge to watch it on Demand for free.

#6 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postmako, on 16 April 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Then they turn around and, by virtue of casting, rewriting, and re-designing, make the character as different from the source material as humanly possible.



That's not really true. Not in 90% of the cases.

They LOOK different sometimes. Some more than others. I've said this before that these films are "based on" the comics. "Based on" does not mean "you will get a carbon copy of the classic outfit on the big screen". A lot of fans don't get that, I think. No one really expected this guy to be in a lightning bolt mask. Did you want green leather? How many times has that been done? Electro is a guy you can take a chance on visually, because he's Electro. The source material (ie, WHO this guy is, WHAT his roll is in the Spidey mythos) will likely be intact.

#7 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Starz network was free last weekend and I didn't have the urge to watch it on Demand for free. [/font]



WHAT??? You mean I missed Sparticus when I could have been watching FREE??? Dang....gotta wait for DVD again, I guess :(

#8 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

seriously... I would have taken the green suit with yellow lightning bolts

#9 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,335
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 16 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

View PostGuitarDevil, on 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Starz network was free last weekend and I didn't have the urge to watch it on Demand for free. [/font]



WHAT??? You mean I missed Sparticus when I could have been watching FREE??? Dang....gotta wait for DVD again, I guess :(



haha yup I did watch a few episodes of ole Spart's, its definitely a different show (Heston is prolly turning over in his casket w/his cold dead hands on his rifles(wait is he dead yet?)) when they're not threatening, raping, arguing, fighting or F-ing the characters are usually bathed in blood like its a costume design. I guess crimson was the in-style color of the day, and no one in the entire show suffers from any STD's ever or looks like they aren't bothered by the smells of the day.......bottom line is you'll need a bath after watching, who says Starz network is square...

#10 User is offline   spystreak 

  • Megatron
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,471
  • Joined: 21-July 08

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

he looks like one of those aliens from Prometheus http://geektyrant.co...ider-man-2.html

#11 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 16 April 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 16 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

View PostGuitarDevil, on 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Starz network was free last weekend and I didn't have the urge to watch it on Demand for free. [/font]



WHAT??? You mean I missed Sparticus when I could have been watching FREE??? Dang....gotta wait for DVD again, I guess :(



haha yup I did watch a few episodes of ole Spart's, its definitely a different show (Heston is prolly turning over in his casket w/his cold dead hands on his rifles(wait is he dead yet?)) when they're not threatening, raping, arguing, fighting or F-ing the characters are usually bathed in blood like its a costume design. I guess crimson was the in-style color of the day, and no one in the entire show suffers from any STD's ever or looks like they aren't bothered by the smells of the day.......bottom line is you'll need a bath after watching, who says Starz network is square...



:D Yep... and in the days long before dental hygiene, they all had perfect teeth!!! I still love that show, though.

OK, enough hijacking my own topic.

#12 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,805
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

i dont mind electro and i dont mind foxx, but i wish they would have went with a more classic style electro :(

#13 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,021
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postspystreak, on 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

he looks like one of those aliens from Prometheus http://geektyrant.co...ider-man-2.html

"...not as comic book-y!?!"

I think I've finally found a quote to replace the Kirsten Dunst classic: "Do I look like I read comic books?"


View PostCLAM, on 16 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

seriously... I would have taken the green suit with yellow lightning bolts

Attached File(s)



#14 User is offline   Dark Horse 

  • Born to be the man...
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,194
  • Joined: 05-July 04

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Foxx Electro looks like absolute crap.

#15 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,021
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostDark Horse, on 16 April 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Foxx Electro looks like absolute crap.

What? The christmas light lined hoody dosen't do it for you?

#16 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Postmako, on 16 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

View PostCLAM, on 16 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

seriously... I would have taken the green suit with yellow lightning bolts




uhhh. no.

BUT, I am sure we can all find hundreds of fan-made Spiderman costumes that look terrible too. And look at how well that translated to the big screen.

Spiderman's costumes in his movies look the best out of any comic-movie character, by far.

so I am certain that if Spidey's bright red/blue costume can work in a movie, than so can ANY other costume

#17 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

looks like crap but i knew that allready when foxx came on board where they were headed. here we have a character that has a legacy of soon 50 years. electro was one of the first spidey villains ever and one of the most reconized until now. is he a big shot? to me yes because he had some awesome stories over the years. maybe he isn't as world menacing as thanos but one of the best villains in the spidey universe. taking electro from that stupid ultimate verse is just beyond me because that is just a phase and will dissapear soon just like 2099 and we will be stuck with this stupid blue men group electro for ever. if they want to appeal a bigger audience just by taking the ultimate version doesn't actually matter because the wider audience doesn't really care if he is blue, green, red or yellow but at least please the once who are fans for so manny years because thats the ones who will watch this more then once if they get what they want. foxx is a terrific actor to me and he will deliver but to me it will always be wrong. same as the missing family for curt connors in the first one or the missing coat and pants. he looks like huge dinosaur and that will always bother me. power rangers green goblin. snow board new goblin, skinny eddie brock, emo peter parker. that will always come up as the worst descisions in comic movie history. allthough well played by the actors it doesn't matter it still looks wrong somehow. change is a must in these movie to make them more real i get that but would thor look good with black hair? would captain america look good with in green and yellow, would black widow look good in white? these are some things they shouldn't touch and leave it as is. the ears on abomination anyone? what bother me even more is that he will turn blue in the actual comic now just because he is like this in the movies.

#18 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,677
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postshokker, on 17 April 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

looks like crap but i knew that allready when foxx came on board where they were headed.


Yeah, he blows...hard.

Of course, the first movie kinda blows, so I dunno what I was looking for...mediocrity? Isnt that the best we hope for now in superhero movies? or was it movies in general?

#19 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 17 April 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

View Postshokker, on 17 April 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

looks like crap but i knew that allready when foxx came on board where they were headed.


Yeah, he blows...hard.

Of course, the first movie kinda blows, so I dunno what I was looking for...mediocrity? Isnt that the best we hope for now in superhero movies? or was it movies in general?



check the new superman trailer, it gives a little hope :-D

as for the first amazing spider-man, i enjoyed it and it really has some great moments. garfield is way better as peter then tobey. they should have skipped another origin and focus on conners a little bit more. if they put gwen or mary jane up there to be the damsel it's just the same to me. now if they would put connors family up there who gets attacked by the lizard that brings more drama to it then gwen or mary jane. i loved the scenes with uncle ben but that could have been great flashbacks.

#20 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,677
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postshokker, on 17 April 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

check the new superman trailer, it gives a little hope :-D


Just watched it and...Holy #$##! your're right! that was a good trailer! #$## this Spider-nonsense! :)

#21 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Devastator
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,622
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Remember when Superman was electric blue? Now THAT was something to be mad about.

#22 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,677
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 20 April 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Remember when Superman was electric blue? Now THAT was something to be mad about.


that costume was alright

This:
Posted Image
did Scarlet Spider convince him to dress like that?

#23 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "Do or do not...there is no try."
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,494
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

No, Rob Liefeld did.

#24 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

  • The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,037
  • Joined: 10-October 02

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Looks like Jim Lee and his use of never to be used pouches!! -_- Did Cyke ever reach into any of his pouches or belts to get anything??

#25 User is offline   mako 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,021
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Picks of Foxx as Max Dillon are in.

Uh, I think I prefer him as an electric smurf. . . or LaWanda.

Attached File(s)



Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us