• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nothing New To Be Shown By Hasbro At JoeCon

#1 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm told Hasbro decided yesterday not to debut anything new we didn't already see at Toy Fair in February at JoeCon this year. The SDCC exclusive will be announced at a later date as an exclusive for some corporate media publication. So just a heads up, other than maybe JoeClub figure subscription news don't expect any new info this weekend from JoeCon for Hasbro stuff.

#2 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 05 April 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ditto.

#4 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

ugh. that is a huge bummer

#5 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well, seeing an actual producton Eaglehawk, come out of the box, and being assembled and stickers being applied was kind of new... kinda.But yeah, kind of a bummer, still hoping the Club shows us a lil' something.

#6 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

not really suprised i thought at best we might see an image of something concept, but i had no hopes of new figures. Who all is here? I met Card earlier.

I'd say the club will show some of FFS 2.

#7 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

that's nothing new....

#8 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 05 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well, seeing an actual producton Eaglehawk, come out of the box, and being assembled and stickers being applied was kind of new... kinda.But yeah, kind of a bummer, still hoping the Club shows us a lil' something.

at least we can see that the Eaglehawk is pretty much the same thing as the Tomahawk, for those that were worried it would be smaller or cheapened out like they did with the new Skystriker

#9 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

quick notes from panel:

Wave 3 in late July
Wave 4 sounded a bit iffy

Admission pryce seemed like a missing hole from the the line sounded positive about it

No micro force wave 2 for now

Online retailers getting wave 2 of dollar store figure

Hints about sdcc exclusive
Will complete your set of similar figures
Number of 4 figs will surprise you

Clubs in talks to help get you sddc exclusives

Nothing new shown

2014 could not be discussed at this time

#10 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

wave 4 sounds iffy? whaaaaaat?

come on Hasbro.. help us out! help us help you!

#11 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

also tried to confirm we would be getting any thing next year, John Warden said it's in the works, they are working on it now, very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

#12 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

More concept figs, apparently they put them out while i was in the What's on Joe mind panel, and then the floor closed :( hopefully out tomorrow?

#13 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

So no 6" line yet? Lol.

Gee these concept figures look so perfect. Why don't they just go with them?

#14 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postrevsears, on 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

also tried to confirm we would be getting any thing next year, John Warden said it's in the works, they are working on it now, very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

yeah I know.. I need that Nightviper!

if they don't do wave 4.. then what will they release instead??

and yeah.. those Concept figures are killing me. THOSE are the figures they should be releasing! perfection!

#15 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostCLAM, on 06 April 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

and yeah.. those Concept figures are killing me. THOSE are the figures they should be releasing! perfection!

They like to tease don't they?

#16 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

I hate to say but I predicted this a long time ago. Final waves are a b*&^% and I'm not holding my breath on any of these.

If I can get that sweet wave 3 with the ultimates and Kwinn, I'll be OK.

#17 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ill be shocked if wave 4 makes it out then. At least as mass retail release. Which is fine with me. I want concept vault figs!!
Draven

#18 User is offline   smokediver 

• Andorian

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

I love the concept figures shown, but I dont see the point in showing them. Its like Hasbro is saying "we know most collectors want these, and see how awesome we could make them, but we aren't going to develop and release any. We just want you all to wish you could have these." I think its just a matter of time before they do 6in. They are now doing star wars in 6in, and why else would hasbro show 6in joes if not to guage fan interest, even if they dont want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I remember a few years ago mattel showing a new He-man concept fig at a con, and a year or so later, MOTU classics....
Im very hopefull for these, but I think hasbro has to be at least kicking around the idea....

#19 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Wait now....was that concept stuff 6" or 3 3/4"???

#20 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postsmokediver, on 08 April 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

I love the concept figures shown, but I dont see the point in showing them. Its like Hasbro is saying "we know most collectors want these, and see how awesome we could make them, but we aren't going to develop and release any. We just want you all to wish you could have these." I think its just a matter of time before they do 6in. They are now doing star wars in 6in, and why else would hasbro show 6in joes if not to guage fan interest, even if they dont want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I remember a few years ago mattel showing a new He-man concept fig at a con, and a year or so later, MOTU classics....
Im very hopefull for these, but I think hasbro has to be at least kicking around the idea....

I also don't get the "gauging fan interest" thing. The fans want everything from the 80s remade. That's almost EXCLUSIVELY what they want. Toy companies know this.

Agreed...6 inch IS just a matter of time. When everything else it taped out, change up the scale.

#21 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

View Postsmokediver, on 08 April 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

I love the concept figures shown, but I dont see the point in showing them. Its like Hasbro is saying "we know most collectors want these, and see how awesome we could make them, but we aren't going to develop and release any. We just want you all to wish you could have these."

I go to a restaurant, I wanna eat. You could show me the most appetizing dish in the world, but if it isn't on the menu, you're waisting my time and yours.

#22 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

I really don't get the hate for showwing the concept figures, yeah I know it sucks to be shown something we aren't getting (atleast at the moment) but it's not like Hasbro is showwing this stuff all over the place. They were shown at the Joe convention and they have done this for the last couple years. The convention is a place to see all the stuff we want and be shown things that could have been.

As for Joe getting a six inch line, I don't really care. I'm not sure I'd buy they (they would be atleast $20 a pop if not more) and with the way Hasbro treats the Joe brand all I see is fans whining. With SW it will work because of the fact that SW sells and sells well everywhere (as in not just here in the U.S.). Fans would want unique sculpts for figures and it would be just like the first year of the 25th scuplt figures (Hey we can use Duke to make Flint or Roadblock to make Destro)with heavy re-use of scuplts.

#23 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 09 April 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

I really don't get the hate for showwing the concept figures, yeah I know it sucks to be shown something we aren't getting (atleast at the moment) but it's not like Hasbro is showwing this stuff all over the place. They were shown at the Joe convention and they have done this for the last couple years. The convention is a place to see all the stuff we want and be shown things that could have been.

See, it's not that they showed them. Under normal circumstances I love the concept reveals to. But Hasbro's team has had almost a year of extra time to come up with new product, and all they have to show us for their time is a case full of glorified customs.

I get it, faith in the brand hasn't exactly been flying high lately, at least until Retalliation slapped everyone back to attention, but they could've at least shown us some control art, a slide show, something to show they've been putting some effort into the line.

At least when Mattel gouges the consumer for money they show us what they're doing with it.

#24 User is offline   smokediver 

• Andorian

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Im not hateing on the concept figs at all. I think they are awesome and I would love to see a 6in joe line. I love my 3in figs also, but I think its time to up the scale to change up things a bit. Since there were no new 3in stuff to be shown at the con, I dont get why they would show these figs and say we have no plans for these. Me being a huge toy fan in general, I would be happy to add a 6in joe line to my collection. I have no real artistic talent to make my own custom figs, so the only way I will ever get some of these is if hasbro would move forward with them. Like many other collectors my joe fandom dates back to my childhood in the 80's, and I always wished they were bigger. To me its kinda like torture to see stuff like this and then to here we arent doing them. I think it is a matter of time tho, especiall if the star wars line does well, which it will.

#25 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostCLAM, on 06 April 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

nothing, they would release nothing instead. :( it's still a real possibility that their will be no joes on the pegs for their 50th anniversary ! I think that scenario is doubtful given the success of the movie, but i'm not confident we will get much next year, or much we like. The pledge they made to not do vehicles with 5 poa may mean no vehicles, or more repaints of the same ones we are tired of.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us