TNI Forums: UFC fighter will play Batroc the Leaper in Cap II - TNI Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UFC fighter will play Batroc the Leaper in Cap II

#1 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,276
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Marvelousnews

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

thats cool with me. I just hope they give him a costume

#3 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hmmm...I can see him in the role.

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,276
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.

#5 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Oh thank God! For a minute I thought they'd go crazy and hire an actual actor. :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   Dragon66 

  • Cuidado! El Pollo es Loco!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,206
  • Joined: 18-July 08

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

View Postmako, on 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Oh thank God! For a minute I thought they'd go crazy and hire an actual actor. :rolleyes:

French sounding name? Check. Can you leap? Check. Willing to put on a costume? Check.
Sounds like Batroc the Leaper to me.

#7 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,276
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Postmako, on 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Oh thank God! For a minute I thought they'd go crazy and hire an actual actor. :rolleyes:


It's Batroc. You'll be fine. :)

#8 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,288
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 26 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.



He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

#9 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostDragon66, on 27 March 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

View Postmako, on 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Oh thank God! For a minute I thought they'd go crazy and hire an actual actor. :rolleyes:

French sounding name? Check. Can you leap? Check. Willing to put on a costume? Check.
Sounds like Batroc the Leaper to me.


GSP is french canadian I think.... well he definitely speaks French.

#10 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I could actually see this working if they do a complete 180 from the way he's usually portrayed in the comics and make Batroc a total bad-@$$. Sort of how they did Toad in X-Men.

#11 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostBelmont13, on 27 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 26 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.



He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

Thinking Spider-Man 3 aren't you?

#12 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,288
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 30 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 27 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 26 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.



He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

Thinking Spider-Man 3 aren't you?


Exactly!!!! I still can't get over how bad that movie was.

#13 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,276
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostBelmont13, on 30 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 30 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 27 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 26 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Fine by me. This guy should get a figure.



He has one coming it was announced at Toyfair along witth Sonbird and Blizzard. I don't mind this casting the way Batroc is portrayed in the comics to have someone just jump around and kick you don't need an academy award winner actor. I'm more concerned about the inclusion of villains so far Crossbones, Winter Soldier and now Batroc the Leaper; not to mention the Falcon has been cast and Black Widow is set to appear so this movie is getting a bit crowded. Granted Captain America's character is more than established in the movies but still I'm worried this might turn into a jumbled mess of characters.

Thinking Spider-Man 3 aren't you?


Exactly!!!! I still can't get over how bad that movie was.



That movie will always be a cautionary tale of what happens when producers go to the director and say, "We're going to sell more toys from this movie so you're going to have to cram in at least two more characters. And we don't care how but you're going to do it."

To me, this movie might just take the place of Batman and Robin. I know, that's a bold statment.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us