TNI Forums: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Ends As Lucasfilm Animation Heads In New Direction - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Ends As Lucasfilm Animation Heads In New Direction

#1 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Ends As Lucasfilm Animation Heads In New Direction

#2 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

OK, I'm confused? Does this mean we're getting a sixth season, but not on Cartoon Network or it will be on CN. Or we aren't getting a sixth season, but they will tie up some loose ends somehow and someway.

#3 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

^You aren't the only one who's confused. I thought Disney XD was picking up the series.

#4 User is offline   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

It sounds like they're going to wrap up what they've got in production & maybe a couple more so they can wrap up the dangling plot threads not covered by those currently finished/being made. Possibly they'll release the remaining storylines as direct-to-DVD/BD movies.

#5 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

id hope theyd wrap it up...the whole series was a teaser for Ahsoka's death!

the best news in this article was not mentioned here: STAR WARS DETOURS GETS SIDELINED!

#6 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

a new series set in a time period untouched by the films or television so I'm guessing it'll be set in the old republic days

#7 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I would be more willing to bet on something that surrounds the events between ROTJ and Episode VII to get people excited for the new films, although this could be tricky given the amount of published material that covers this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw all of the EU stuff out the window in favor of something like this though.

#8 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

I have a feeling its not the end We will possibly see it again it said it was the season finale NOT the series finale

If it does end it should of end up leading into the old CN cartoon that came out between AOTC and ROTS

#9 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on 11 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

I would be more willing to bet on something that surrounds the events between ROTJ and Episode VII to get people excited for the new films, although this could be tricky given the amount of published material that covers this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw all of the EU stuff out the window in favor of something like this though.
I'm tending to lean that way also, with all of the focus on the sequels, I could see another animated prelogue, to Ep 7, like Tartakovski's microseries. I had thought a "Tales of the Jedi" or "Rogue Squadron" series would be cool, this could knock out both, and maybe establish the new antagonist(s)?

I sure hope the 'extra' TCW eps don't end up in a 'Complete Series' set, I already have the first 3 seasons. @hmmm@

#10 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 11 March 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I sure hope the 'extra' TCW eps don't end up in a 'Complete Series' set, I already have the first 3 seasons. @hmmm@

They already know how to milk Star Wars for every dime it's worth...don't give them ideas! @lol@

#11 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

I really liked the foreshadowing of Order 66, and the reasoning behind their ability to slaughter former commanders!!

#12 User is offline   SnTrooper 

• The Last Original ADC Moderator

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 11 March 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

the best news in this article was not mentioned here: STAR WARS DETOURS GETS SIDELINED!
I'm disappointed in that. I found most of the clips that they showed to be funny. I'm not sure what a full episode would have been like but I was looking forward to finding out.

View PostLady Jaye, on 11 March 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I really liked the foreshadowing of Order 66, and the reasoning behind their ability to slaughter former commanders!!
I hate it. They have gone through five seasons specifically showing that clones aren't just flesh droids just to reveal that they really are. I guess it does explain why Stormtroopers are such bad shots, after Order 66 was given they became mindless zombies. Notice how he had to go right up to her to shoot. Even in RotS all of the Jedi that were killed were shot at point blank range and the one that wasn't (Obi-Wan) they missed.

#13 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostDarthJoe, on 11 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

that would make more sense

#14 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

I hope they at least get to tie up the story like planned and hope it doesn't feel rushed in the end.

#15 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

I just hope the new animated look resembles that fan made clip that shows a space battle from the Empire's perspective!! It's a beautifully drawn clip!! I tried to find it, but can't remember the name of the person who made it!! It's friggin awesome!!

#16 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I wonder if Disney XD will air the old episodes

#17 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostLady Jaye, on 13 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

I just hope the new animated look resembles that fan made clip that shows a space battle from the Empire's perspective!! It's a beautifully drawn clip!! I tried to find it, but can't remember the name of the person who made it!! It's friggin awesome!!
Found it ;)

While it looks cool, I fully expect the new series to look a lot like The Clone Wars; Dave Fioni & co. have probably been working on it since the sequels started up.

#18 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Ughhh, I hope not!! If we could get back to classically drawn animation, it would be awesome!! Enough with this stylized bs!!

Oh and thanks Bespin Refuge!! It's such a beautiful clip!! It harkens back to the days of realistic looking cartoons!! Plus, the space battles are even better than what was ever shown in the Prequels!! Kinda sad actually!!

#19 User is offline   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

That is definitely an awesome clip. A nice blend of anime & the original Heavy Metal film.

#20 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

too Japanime for me. All style, little substance...of course im sure the real deal will lack both style AND substance...sigh...

anyone see Otaking's Doctor Who? its anime,and I despise the partially clothed sidekick, but it fits the ass kicking Third Doctor in the action category...

JON PERTWEE IS THE BEST!

#21 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Seem to me like Disney buying SW has really thrown a monkey wrench in to most of Lucasfilms SW related products. Clone Wars ends prematurely and the two SW based video games have both been put on hold. Guess this is why we saw no new Clone Wars stuff at ToyFair last month.

#22 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 13 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

View PostLady Jaye, on 13 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Found it ;)

While it looks cool, I fully expect the new series to look a lot like The Clone Wars; Dave Fioni & co. have probably been working on it since the sequels started up.

OMG....That was fracking AWESOME!!

If it can't be like this I hope its close to Young Justice animation wise

#23 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think the Animated Anakin is more they way old Ben Kenobi described him to Luke then the live action version.Here he was more a hero and more of a good friend to Obi Wan and less a baby that the live action was

#24 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 14 March 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

too Japanime for me. All style, little substance...of course im sure the real deal will lack both style AND substance...sigh...

anyone see Otaking's Doctor Who? its anime,and I despise the partially clothed sidekick, but it fits the ass kicking Third Doctor in the action category...

JON PERTWEE IS THE BEST!

I seen it, as well as the Star Wars one Otaking did (it is the very same clip that Lady Jaye posted.). His anime style seen in the Sw improved a lot when compared to the Who clip, yet the art style kinds of bothers me for some reason. I think it is the art design and the way he animates humans.

You can tell the humans in the Sw clip shares similar character designs as the who clip despite looking more proportional.

Last I read, he is animating official Doctor who episodes that have been lost. The art style for those episodes are more realistic.

#25 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostDoom Saber, on 15 March 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Last I read, he is animating official Doctor who episodes that have been lost. The art style for those episodes are more realistic.

Yeah, he worked on the "Reign of Terror." Wonder if he's doing any of the other "lost" serials that have been announced, like "Tenth Planet" and "The Ice Warriors."
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us