TNI Forums: Peter Laird thinks Megan Fox is a dumb choice, along with the rest of America - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Peter Laird thinks Megan Fox is a dumb choice, along with the rest of America

#1 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

http://movies.yahoo....-202123158.html

Personally, the moment I heard TMNT were now a race of alien turtles, I was out. Really hard to top that one. So when they went and cast Megan Fox I figure, what does it really matter? I'm not seeing the movie anyway. I think it will be fun to see what boneheaded move they pull next!

#2 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Of course the guy that isn't part of it anymore is bitter... and the guy who is a part of it is supportive.. go figure.

#3 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

She's definitely a bad choice, but with Bay at the helm nothing should be surprising. Laird's opinion means nothing to me though. He shouldn't feel bitter since he got his 80 million for the TMNT.

#4 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

IMO he shouldn't even be commenting on anything remotely to do with tmnt anymore

#5 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I don't keep my ear to the ground when it comes to TMNT but it looks like there's a lot of Laird hate. Is he the "evil" one of the two Turtle creators?

He's still right about Fox, regardless.

#6 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I don't know the deal.. I just know he's no longer with the Turtle team.. but it seems silly to me that the one that isn't with the team is complaining and the one that is, is still praising it, lol.

#7 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

yeah well, laird just says what we all think and why not. it's a horrible choice. i still believe it's bay's final revenge because everybody was on the fence with that space turtles crap. i guess we can all figure out what will come our way with megan fox cast as april. what makes the turtles great for so manny years isnt even on the table and thats sad.

#8 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Mer-Man

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ive only read the first seven issues of the original comic, seen the toon, the movies...but it my opinion, its not a big deal for an ancillary character.

Wait, they're changing her to Allan O'Neil because thats the best "new" direction the could come up with for the character?!

#9 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

OH I agree completely shes an awful choice the only way i will even watch this movie now is on tv for free if that ... However peter sold all rights to tmnt & hes not even doing any work on his own comic series anymore IMO he sold his rights to his creation & no longer has the right to complain when he does not like any direction it takes

#10 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Why doesn't he have the right to his opinion? I mean ok he sold the license but he still can talk about it and have his own opinion. He can't change anything about it that's for sure. If you ask me he made a smart move just look at what he has to deal with now. Everybody would blame him how he could let that happen. Eastman isn't really better and says yes to anything anyway, lol.

1)Space turtles? Yeah its a great new direction
2)Script is canned? Yeah it wasn't what we were looking for.

The answers alone show that he is just following what hollywood comes up with.

#11 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think the silicon in Eastman's wife's boobs are messing with his brains.

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Laird is right on the money.. Fox is a terrible choice.

and IMO his opinion means more than just about anyone else's. I don't care if he sold the rights, he still created the characters and knows who they are more than anyone else.

#13 User is offline   Rockzilla 

• Golden*

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Jane Levy was originally up for the role, but I'm sure Michael Bay thought 14 year olds wouldn't think she was "hot" enough. @hmmm@

#14 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostRockzilla, on 08 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Jane Levy was originally up for the role, but I'm sure Michael Bay thought 14 years wouldn't think she was "hot" enough. @hmmm@

no doubt my question is why did he choose Megan fox after all that BS about her calling him Hitler

#15 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postspystreak, on 09 March 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

no doubt my question is why did he choose Megan fox after all that BS about her calling him Hitler

Because they did It.

#16 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 09 March 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

View Postspystreak, on 09 March 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Because they did It.

probably

#17 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'd cast her if she let me hit it!! LOL!! Nah, I probably wouldn't!! :D

#18 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

bay said his plans for tmnt has changed.

#19 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostLady Jaye, on 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

ick besure to make a doctors appointment after you hit it :S @hmmm@ @loll@

#20 User is offline   Mongoose 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

This movie is going to be nothing but another dumb Bay spectacle film with no real substance. To make matters worse, it'll be a huge departure from what TMNT fans are used to story-wise with no real reasons for the changes.

#21 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

they apparently changed the aliens idea back to mutants but I'm sure bay will find another way to completely bugger it up

#22 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostLady Jaye, on 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hit it? I wouldn't wanna touch it. @puke@

#23 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 06 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

http://movies.yahoo....-202123158.html

Personally, the moment I heard TMNT were now a race of alien turtles, I was out. Really hard to top that one. So when they went and cast Megan Fox I figure, what does it really matter? I'm not seeing the movie anyway. I think it will be fun to see what boneheaded move they pull next!

Bay has come around and basically said they are not an alien race, but from an alien race as in the ooze is from aliens. And yes Hollywood does make a lot of boneheaded moves.

View PostJoeRhyno, on 06 March 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Of course the guy that isn't part of it anymore is bitter... and the guy who is a part of it is supportive.. go figure.

He's not bitter at all. On the contrary is relieved not to be the main support for the franchise business anymore. Laird is still very passionate about his creation. Between the two of them, Laird was always the "by the book/established cannon" kind of guy and Eastman was more the open minded/try new things kind of person. Fans would even complain about their individual works, but when they worked together it was magical.

View Postyojoebro82, on 07 March 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

I don't keep my ear to the ground when it comes to TMNT but it looks like there's a lot of Laird hate. Is he the "evil" one of the two Turtle creators?

He's still right about Fox, regardless.

Similar to what I said to joerhyno, Laird is still passionate about the turtles, but he has always been a believer of following established cannon. And yes Fox does feel like a poor choice for the roll.

View Postsynch, on 07 March 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

IMO he shouldn't even be commenting on anything remotely to do with tmnt anymore

Synch, I love you man, but that is a silly thing to say. the man is co-daddy to the turtles. He put 30+ years of blood, sweat, and tears into them. He along with Kevin fleshed out the entire history of the tmnt that we know today. How could and why should he NOT comment on them? That would be like saying George Lucas no longer has the right to comment on Star Wars because he sold them to Disney. Laird knows the tmnt characters personalities inside and out. his opinion holds more weight to the fan base than most anybody else.

View PostBigBot84, on 06 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

She's definitely a bad choice, but with Bay at the helm nothing should be surprising. Laird's opinion means nothing to me though. He shouldn't feel bitter since he got his 80 million for the TMNT.

Tmnt franchise was sold for $60M

View PostJoeRhyno, on 07 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

I don't know the deal.. I just know he's no longer with the Turtle team.. but it seems silly to me that the one that isn't with the team is complaining and the one that is, is still praising it, lol.

This is part of the reason why they split. They have two very different views and personalities. One wants to try just about everything, the other wants to stick with the cannon.

#24 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Man, this movie just keeps getting more bizarre.

According to a Yahoo article I just read, the producers are employing a body double for the dubiously talented Ms. Fox.

Now let that sink in, step back, and just marvel at the concept. Not a stunt double, but a BODY double for Megan Fox.

I admit the pasty skin, tramp-stamps and bionic lips don't do it for me, but in a world where the perception of promiscuity = attractiveness, there just aren't that many reasons, other than her body, to hire Megan Fox for anything.

Maybe they just ran out of Morticia Adams White body make-up to spackle over the old tribal tats (and whatever else she has scrawled up there) for those inevitable tank-top scenes, and had to bring in a clean slate.

Now for myself, I like to think, despite what's been reported, that all is NOT forgiven between Bay and Fox, and Mikey is simply doing it to mess with Meg's head.

"Gee sweetey, you kinda let yourself go after that last Transformers. Aw don't worry, we'll just bring in someone a little younger and a little thinner for the below the neck shots. 'Kay? Super."

#25 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

did someone checked the new pics where we see a lot of soldiers look like one another? it says thats the foot clan. so i guess the ninja theme is gone now, lol.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us