TNI Forums: Nolan & Bale Returning For Justice League Movie?!? - TNI Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nolan & Bale Returning For Justice League Movie?!?

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

  • Yoda
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 17,663
  • Joined: 22-January 07

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Nolan & Bale Returning For Justice League Movie?!?

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Invisible Woman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,593
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I wouldn't mind a darker JLA movie... A colorful one would make it seem like they copied The Avengers...

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,274
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Like the article says, everything hinges on the Superman movie. If it bombs, forget it

(now if DC had a healthier stable of movies under their belt, this might not have been such a do-or-die scenario. But instead of getting serious about Flash or WW or Aquaman movies, they just wanted to wait for the next Batman movie to come out an make them money.)

With that in mind, everything else is just more early-stage rumors.

#4 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 20-November 03

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

The big problem is that DC is owned by another company and for them it all comes down to making money. I'm not saying this isn't so for Marvel, but seven years ago Marvel wasn't what Marvel is now. Marvel had to use it own character to leverage a $500 million loan to start up Marvel Studio's and get the first Iron Man movie done. If any one of Marvel's movies had failed or flopped it could have meant disaster for the next one and all of Marvel Studio's in general. Just like I'm sure that since Disney in now in charage of everything Marvel Studio's does from now on, that a flop or two from them could end things. If Thor 2 or Cap 2 don't do well do you really think Disney's gonna rush out more movies? Just look at the Hulk movies. Two movies that grossed about 300 million worldwide each, but are considered failures and has made Disney/Marvel lukewarm about any future Hulk movies. I really think Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be very telling on how Marvel/Disney handle their future movie out put.

#5 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would be ok with them returning.

#6 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,403
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Speaking of Nolan and Bale, and this may be slightly off subject, but...even though I enjoyed their take on the Batman mythos, I had often in the past internally criticized the Dark Knight films for being polar opposites of the earlier, campier movies, as if they had went too far in the opposite direction and took themselves way too seriously. But after seeing the first two over and over a few times in recent years, I've learned to appreciate them as masterpieces of comic-book-film-making. It's just terribly exciting and interesting to see some of these characters and situations applied to realistic dialogue and settings.

For example, just the other night, I was watching The Dark Knight, and the interrogation scene came up. it's absolutely one of my favorite scenes in what I view to be nearly the perfect Batman movie, and I visualized what that might be like for the observing officers, to see the mythical figure of a man in an ominous and mysterious bat-suit interrogating the frightening and very unnerving Joker. It wasn't silly and comic-booky...it's just fun to see film-makers inject characters like that with a real-world sensibility that lends them some credence and dignity, or gravitas if you will that we comic-book fans were aware of all along. It's almost like vindication for a character that wasn't alway taken very seriously. But I digress...

If Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale get involved, I'm all for it. They were both integral in modernizing the character of Batman and making him a relevant character once again, even fascinating. Bale's Batman can be downright scary at times, and that portrayal was perfect for the character. But anyway, I'm starting to ramble here...

#7 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

All I know is I'm feeling deeply embarrassed for Warners. They make it seem like making the JLA is some insurmountable task, but its not.

There was a variety show in the '70's, a TV pilot in the '90's, multiple guest-spots on Smallville in the 2000's (including a TV movie teaming them with the Justice Society!), there's even a porno if you can believe it. . . a PORNO!

That dosen't even cover the hundreds of fan-edits, high-end fan films and mockbusters outthere.

Its starting to look like everyone has the ability to do some form of Justice League BUT Warners.

Get Nolan, get Bale, hell get a CGI Chris Reeve if you think it'll help. Just get it done or leave it alone.

#8 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,287
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

All I know is I'm feeling deeply embarrassed for Warners. They make it seem like making the JLA is some insurmountable task, but its not.

There was a variety show in the '70's, a TV pilot in the '90's, multiple guest-spots on Smallville in the 2000's (including a TV movie teaming them with the Justice Society!), there's even a porno if you can believe it. . . a PORNO!

That dosen't even cover the hundreds of fan-edits, high-end fan films and mockbusters outthere.

Its starting to look like everyone has the ability to do some form of Justice League BUT Warners.

Get Nolan, get Bale, hell get a CGI Chris Reeve if you think it'll help. Just get it done or leave it alone.



That's my gripe with this whole thing they are acting like it was such an ordeal, Marvel and Disney did it with lesser known and less popular characters, Wonder Woman is the most important/recognized female superhero in history, Batman and Superman are the most famous superheroes ever, why is it so difficult to put them together?

#9 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 20-November 03

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

The biggest difference is that Marvel had a plan. They had a plan where one thing dovetailed into another and it kept going until it all met up in the end. Warners has no plan. They keep on changing thing and when something doesn't work (or even seems like it's not working or going to work) they change it all.

#10 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,274
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 05 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

The biggest difference is that Marvel had a plan. They had a plan where one thing dovetailed into another and it kept going until it all met up in the end. Warners has no plan. They keep on changing thing and when something doesn't work (or even seems like it's not working or going to work) they change it all.



Exactly this.

Marvel was motivated by wanting to get their characters on screen and TAKE TIME to do it with quality.

DC is motivated by Avengers making a lot of money.

#11 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostGPM in ICT, on 05 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

The biggest difference is that Marvel had a plan. They had a plan where one thing dovetailed into another and it kept going until it all met up in the end. Warners has no plan. They keep on changing thing and when something doesn't work (or even seems like it's not working or going to work) they change it all.



Exactly this.

Marvel was motivated by wanting to get their characters on screen and TAKE TIME to do it with quality.

DC is motivated by Avengers making a lot of money.

And I'm motivated by the desire to see my favorite characters in a movie before I die...

#12 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,367
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

again, I say that the Marvel "plan"* would work better in reverse for DC. Start with Superman and Batman (no denying: the world's most recognizable superheroes), and put em on a movie poster with the title "Justice League." The other heroes would appear to be backup support, but they have a better chance riding these capes to their own movies than starting with them out of the gate.

It's that easy...except that Warner/DC cant seem to decide which kind of Superman and Batman to put out there.




*A plan? Not from the start. Id call stumbling backwards into success by letting it ride on a B-list character played by a fallen star more of a business risk. Everything else came with compliments of the casino, cowboy. Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr...#$## Disney, #$## Whedon...mad props, boys. You did it! I just hope RDJ doesnt feel bad when they decide to James Bond him out of the role that made the Marvel cinematic universe.

#13 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 20-November 03

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

A plan is what is needed and I've been supportive of a "World Finest" movie that progresses to a JL movie, but Warners has "too many chef's in the kitchen". Marvel had money and one guy calling the shots. DC has a board of directors, stockholders and how many people actually on the movie side whispering in one another ears about what to do and not to do. They took steps in the right direction last year by forming a "brain trust" to oversee the potential DC movies (much like Marvel has) but they really haven't done much, at least publicly. One the other hand would you rather have DC do good movies or handle the MU like Fox has with DD and the FF. Even Fox's handling of the X-men is "iffy" at best.

#14 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,367
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 05 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

One the other hand would you rather have DC do good movies or handle the MU like Fox has with DD and the FF. Even Fox's handling of the X-men is "iffy" at best.


"Good movies?" Sigh...thats thrown around way too often, and often way too subjective a concept from comic book movie fans.

#15 User is offline   mako 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,825
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Maybe franchise launching isn't even the way to go. If you think about it, Warner's stated policy to keep it's DC films separate may be a better idea after all.

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.

I think a stand alone JLA franchise might be just what the doctor ordered. From a creative stand-point it wouldn't have to be bound by any story-lines from the Man of Steel or whatever Batman comes next. That would go along way toward avoiding any "ego hang-ups." It might also make an interesting fail-safe in case of any future Superman IV/Batman and Robin style FUBARs. I mean it can't hurt having a spare Superman in case you screw up the one you got. Or, on the same token, if JL tanks, it wouldn't take Superman or Batman with it.

And yes, it could stand as a kind of showcase for characters that maybe wouldn't be able to sustain their own series (Flash, GL, Martian Manhunter, whatever).

Just a thought.

#16 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,274
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)

#17 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,367
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)



whats worse is if they do get to JLA soon, bet it wont be Hal Jordan

#18 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,274
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 05 March 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)



whats worse is if they do get to JLA soon, bet it wont be Hal Jordan


You're right, and I never thougth of that. JL Green Lantern will most likely be John Stewart. Boring since the 1980's.

#19 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)

It seems like they do now but I remember for about 20 years that D.C. hated Barry...

#20 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,274
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 13 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)

It seems like they do now but I remember for about 20 years that D.C. hated Barry...


No. He was dead for a good 20 years because they realized that his death was meaningful, heroic and most importantly, ADDED to the Flash mythos and that they had a more than suitable replacment.

Then Dan Dididido came along and decided all the Super Friends cast had to be there in order to be "true DC", so Barry had to come back. For nostalgia's sake.

But I"m not sure it matters. I don't see Barry or Wally in a movie any time soon.

#21 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,553
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 13 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 13 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seriously, we're more likely to see a theatrical release for Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" than see Warners sign off on another Green Lantern movie, or a Flash for that matter.


We're never going to see a Green Lantern 2, are we? If anything it will be a reboot, right? Five-plus years down the road?

DC would do well to get a Flash movie going. (Especially if it was a Wally West Flash movie...but I'm kidding myself even thinking it. DC hates Wally West)

It seems like they do now but I remember for about 20 years that D.C. hated Barry...


No. He was dead for a good 20 years because they realized that his death was meaningful, heroic and most importantly, ADDED to the Flash mythos and that they had a more than suitable replacment.

Then Dan Dididido came along and decided all the Super Friends cast had to be there in order to be "true DC", so Barry had to come back. For nostalgia's sake.

But I"m not sure it matters. I don't see Barry or Wally in a movie any time soon.

True, they made him the saint of the D.C. Universe....but to a young teenage(me), it was the loss of my favorite character. One that I grew up reading.

And Barry's Martyrdom didn't happen over night...it was years till that took shape in the books.

During that time, Wally wasn't even portrayed well at all...at least not till about 94-95' about 8 to 10 years after Barry's death.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us