• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who subscribed to Club Filmation?

#1 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I put my order in last night for Club Filmation. I figured with Sea Hawk's cutlass being shown that'll be at least 4 of 6 that I want. I'm hoping that the last 2 are Strong Arm and Lizard Man but Lord Masque is probably another viable choice. He'd go with Shokoti.

Anyone else subscribe?

#2 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

hell yeah the first minute it went online. 3 figures i really wanted? that was allready 50% of pure awesomeness. now sea hawk will most likely be added. this sub is a win for me. since i subscribed for the 30th who wasn't really great, there was no chance i would miss the filmation sub.

#3 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yep, I subbed. Like what I see so far so that's enough of an incentive for me.

#4 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'll do this for whoever subs for this and doesn't want their Seahawk

I will trade an unopened King He-Man straight up for Seahawk

#5 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Snakeman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I didn't sub because I don't trust Mattel. But I wouldn't mind having these figures down the road.

#6 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm still on the fence, but will probably end up subscribing.

#7 User is offline   azrael23 

• Snakeman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

I subbed a few days ago. I liked all of the reveals, not to mention its far easier to commit to a sub of 6 figs.

#8 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I did

#9 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Snakeman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

still trying to decide if I should... I've lost all faith in matty, but I want the figures. oh decisions, decisions. lol

#10 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postazrael23, on 01 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I subbed a few days ago. I liked all of the reveals, not to mention its far easier to commit to a sub of 6 figs.

Yeah it is.

I wish the yearly sub was still just 12 figures. Mattel's relentless, annoying pimping of the sub wouldn't be enough to stop me from a reasonable 12-figure commitment regardless of what they were revealing. Oh how I miss the first two years of the line...

#11 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, I really kind of wish that the 6 Filmation figures were just the last 6 monthly figures of the Eternia Subscription. I really didn't want to have another bulky year like 2012, but since I like the Filmation ones, I went ahead and preordered anyway.

6-12 figures a year is reasonable now that the core cast has been 95% filled.

I hope future subs are 6 figures in size so that after all the random adjustments and exclusives, the line only grows by a total of 12 figures per year.

My MOTUC shelves are looking really busy and overcrowded these days.

#12 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Shockingly, I haven't subbed yet.

I already have 8 subs between MOTU, CIE, and Watchmen. I still have my 3rd installment to pay on my G.I.Joe subs and I have 3 castles on pre-order.

Even if its only 6 figures, I'm getting close to my buying limit that I self imposed this year.

#13 User is offline   azrael23 

• Snakeman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostEric, on 01 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Yeah it is.

I wish the yearly sub was still just 12 figures. Mattel's relentless, annoying pimping of the sub wouldn't be enough to stop me from a reasonable 12-figure commitment regardless of what they were revealing. Oh how I miss the first two years of the line...

I miss those days as well. I'm hoping Mattel eventually get their act together ( @loll@ )and simply return to a
12 figure sub format as oppose to strong arming collectors into high priced subscriptions. They've managed
to turn something that was suppose to be fun into a chore.

#14 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

If anybody is interested in trading a Seahawk for King He-Man just pm me

#15 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm really thinking about finally subscribing to a Mattel line!! 0_0

#16 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 01 March 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Shockingly, I haven't subbed yet.

I already have 8 subs between MOTU, CIE, and Watchmen. I still have my 3rd installment to pay on my G.I.Joe subs and I have 3 castles on pre-order.

Even if its only 6 figures, I'm getting close to my buying limit that I self imposed this year.

Yeah 2012 was my limit allready. Thats why i skipped the dc club and watchmen since the prices went up allready. I still get the one and the other dcuc but just the ones i want. I concentrate on motuc at matty. Otherwise its getting really expensive.

#17 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Postazrael23, on 01 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Yeah it is.

I miss those days as well. I'm hoping Mattel eventually get their act together ( @loll@ )and simply return to a
12 figure sub format as oppose to strong arming collectors into high priced subscriptions. They've managed

I wouldn't mind just having the 12 figs in a year but then there is matty. If they would start with the preorder thing on 2 or 3-packs and if just once it wouldn't meet the expectations then they will never consider it again. So right now i just get everything they put in the sub and i try to come up with the cash. Look at the wind raider.

#18 User is offline   Zomak 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I did as soon as I heard of it :)

Club Eternia and the Filmation sub are my only Matty subs. I also have Castle Grayskull on pre-order so that counts too. These things add up quickly!

As they used to say in the old AM PM commercials, "Too much good stuff!"

As it is I have to make sure I can afford all the things I signed up for this year.

#19 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postazrael23, on 01 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Yeah it is.

That's what I'm hoping for, too, though I think we know how likely it is. And that's a good way of putting it: it went from something fun (the best toyline out there) to a chore. Ugh.

I was thinking this morning of how unfortunate it is that we'll likely (just as an example) not see guys like Hydron and Flogg to fill out the New Adventures figures because slots are just too valuable now. It could have happened, but Mattel found a way to bungle it because now it seems the line will end before we "complete" a lot of MOTU.

#20 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I broke down and subbed today.

I'm so done for this year already!

#21 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 02 March 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I broke down and subbed today.

I'm so done for this year already!

I'm hoping not too but if I can't get anybody to trade me a Seahawk for King He-Man I might have to on monday morning

#22 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I am sooooo tempted for a King He-Man for Sea Hawk trade. I want to take my King He-Man out of the package but that He-Ro sticker looks so nice so it sort of makes me want 2. But I also want Sea Hawk...what to do, what to do...

#23 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Just cut the sticker out of the bubble and get a card stand to display it.

I'm not 100% impressed/pleased with King He-Man, but it's still cool. I want a Queen Teela at some point, as well.
...which reminds me. If the Sorceress is stuck at Castle Grayskull, and Teela is the new Sorceress, does this mean that King He-Man rules from CG? Cuz that would be pretty neat.
Castle Grayskull with a fiefdom/town around it would make a great piece of art.

It's really too bad that MOTU fiction gets treated the way it does. There's really a rich world out there that's prime for all kinds of exploration and development.
...instead we get bios from the writers of LOST and crappy comics.

#24 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Or we get bios from Neitlich, who's not even a writer in the first place.

#25 User is offline   carrowsboy 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Ordered one today.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us