• Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

MOTUC Castle Grayskull Measurements

View the full article

#2 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

What a spectacularly impressive looking sculpt.... just the sculpt.

#3 User is offline   Snowman81 

• Trypticon

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Personally I think it looks great. I think the drawbridge being a bit off the ground was a bit of a mistake as it kinda makes the door end up being a bit small. Not a huge deal, but still....

#4 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Looks really impressive.

#5 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I don't see what measuring it achieves other than proving that it is smaller than originally advertised. This seemed really pointless. I think he just wanted to shoot another video if himself. At least he finally figured out that "See you in the toy aisles" makes no sense.

#6 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostTommyGoth, on 26 February 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I don't see what measuring it achieves other than proving that it is smaller than originally advertised. This seemed really pointless. I think he just wanted to shoot another video if himself. At least he finally figured out that "See you in the toy aisles" makes no sense.

I agree with you that I don't see much point of the video, at least from the stand point of trying to change the minds of anyone truly unhappy about the size, but I don't agree with the statement that they advertised something bigger. As I pointed out in the article, the sculpt is pretty much the size of the mock up version they showed us back in October. And getting upset over the blueprints is the equivalent to getting upset when a figure doesn't look exactly the same as an early prototype. If you don't like the castle or don't like the price, I can totally understand that but I think some people are trying to nitpick because they simply don't like Scott or Mattel. There are certainly times when Mattel and Scott have done things that maybe justify some criticism, but in the case of this Castle Grayskull playset I just don't think there is anything there to truly be upset about or feel like you've been lied to.

#7 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm not a fan of the meatball cheeks and tapered forehead.

#8 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostJayC, on 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

View PostTommyGoth, on 26 February 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I agree with you that I don't see much point of the video, at least from the stand point of trying to change the minds of anyone truly unhappy about the size, but I don't agree with the statement that they advertised something bigger. As I pointed out in the article, the sculpt is pretty much the size of the mock up version they showed us back in October. And getting upset over the blueprints is the equivalent to getting upset when a figure doesn't look exactly the same as an early prototype. If you don't like the castle or don't like the price, I can totally understand that but I think some people are trying to nitpick because they simply don't like Scott or Mattel. There are certainly times when Mattel and Scott have done things that maybe justify some criticism, but in the case of this Castle Grayskull playset I just don't think there is anything there to truly be upset about or feel like you've been lied to.

I've never said that I was disappointed. All I've ever said is that it's a little smaller than expected. I still intend to keep the preorder and I'm very much looking forward to the castle.

The castle may be about the same size as the mock up but the mock up didn't have that inch high base at the bottom either.

I'm not upset with the castle and I expect it to be phenomenal. But this video was pointless and almost seems like him arrogantly giving the fans the finger (again).

#9 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I would be upset if I had ordered. The fact that He Man can not stand in the doorway naturally anymore is a big no no for me.
Draven

#10 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I don't see this video as him giving the finger, I see it as someone excited about the product, almost not understanding the backlash and excitedly wanting to show the fans how big it is.

#11 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

i stay to what i said. one inch more (specially the entrance) wouldn't hurt them at all and would please a lot of folks. even the ones who say its good as it is will say that now it looks better but never admit it, lol.

#12 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I was going to wait but I know this castle will only get worse, so I cancelled my order. I sculpted a HUGE grayskull a few years ago for practice, but it's too big and too heavy to use as a practical display piece. I will study up on professional sculpting, molding, techniques, materials... and make my own. At least then it will be the size I want. The castle of power would be nice to have but the guy who makes them isn't exactly spitting them out. Boy would I love to do an internship with the 4H. :)

#13 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 26 February 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I was going to wait but I know this castle will only get worse, so I cancelled my order. I sculpted a HUGE grayskull a few years ago for practice, but it's too big and too heavy to use as a practical display piece. I will study up on professional sculpting, molding, techniques, materials... and make my own. At least then it will be the size I want. The castle of power would be nice to have but the guy who makes them isn't exactly spitting them out. Boy would I love to do an internship with the 4H. :)

I have no skills in sculpting. I tried a lot but i was never able to do something out of it. I can paint and mix and match parts so i can get the characters i want. Man i would love to be able to sculpt :-D

#14 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

The castle of power would be nice to have but the guy who makes them isn't exactly spitting them out.

Wait, what? The guy has them in stock, boxed and ready to ship.

I'm ordering mine next week. Mattel can kiss my arse. TG lost a sale and I couldn't be happier to get a properly sized castle from someone who knows how to deal with customers.

#15 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostDark Horse, on 26 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The castle of power would be nice to have but the guy who makes them isn't exactly spitting them out.

Wait, what? The guy has them in stock, boxed and ready to ship.

I'm ordering mine next week. Mattel can kiss my arse. TG lost a sale and I couldn't be happier to get a properly sized castle from someone who knows how to deal with customers.

I'd like to get in on this... Where do I go to order one?

#16 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

https://www.facebook...heCastleOfPower

email directly at zombihamma@aol.com , tell him I sent you ;)

LMK how you get on!

#17 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostDark Horse, on 26 February 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

https://www.facebook...heCastleOfPower

email directly at zombihamma@aol.com , tell him I sent you ;)

LMK how you get on!

Cool... I just emailed him... hopefully I can secure one! Thanks!!!

Update: The ball is rolling! I'm really psyched.

#18 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

The one on the right is your $300+ Castle Grayskull.

#19 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Me = Sad Panda.

#20 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Don't forget the meatball cheeks, tapered skull, shortened ledge, not to mention the accessory cuts as well. CG is a joke. An absolute joke.

#21 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

Left: Castle of Power
Right: Castle of Pathetic

#22 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Look how absolutley ridiculous the ledge is. A Fing Lego figure couldn't even stand on that. Shameful.

#23 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Wow. That Castle of Power is looking better all the time.

#24 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

i dont think the new CG looks bad at all. even with its slightly reduced size, i still think its cool. they did mention that they are going to look at adjusting the jaw bridge, maybe make it sink in a little more to give a standing figure more space. i feel that that is the biggest detail needing to be addressed. there is enough bottom to remove that they could add 1/2-3/4 of an inch easily.

where is that castle of power from? that looks like an ideal CG already. if something like that exists, why even bother trying to make a new version?

#25 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Here's my CG complaint list -

Too small overall (reduced size from B list/ broken promises - and no, the small print was BS as the video stated the sizes)
Jawbridge too small and looks like a diving board
Ledge far too narrow
Floors not heigh enough
Wind Raider port is pointless
No dungeon grate
Prison cell too small
Trapdoor does not lead to prison; it drop figures over the jawbridge
No candlestick holder
Parapet (left) far too shallow
Meatball cheeks
Tapered head
Apologetic expression (it's like the Castle is apologising for being so different from the mock-up)
Further cut accessories (as yet unannounced but definitely coming)
Having to listen to that weasel TG tell us "If you don't like it, cancel" and other BS excuses/ lies

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us