Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

$200 For Shadow Weaver?

#1 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

So, I've been working on setting up my MOTU display in my new house. I've been having a blast opening up all of my MOTUC stuff that's been sitting around in their white mailers, just waiting to be opened and displayed.

Yesterday, I came upon my Shadow Weaver, and after a bit of contemplation, I decided to put her on ebay along with the Preternia map. She isn't a character I consider essential to my collection, and figured I would rather have the cash in my pocket now while MOTUC is still popular. I searched completed listings and saw she has been going for anywhere from $125-185. I figured I would try starting her at $165, with a BIN for $190, with $9.00 shipping. To my surprise, someone used the BIN within an hour of me listing the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1561.l2649

It really surprised me that someone was willing to jump on this figure that fast for almost $200 after shipping. Now, I'm just wondering if I made the correct decision by selling her now, or if I should have held onto it, and see if she increases in value. Just curious to see what your opinions are. Do you think she has topped out, or do you think she will keep climbing in value?

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I once heard that Matty one day will make her for the general Public so I think you made the right move

#3 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think now was the time to sell it as the line is probably at its peak. If you waited until after the line has finished and Mattel has moved onto something else she may lose some value.

#4 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Yeah i was looking at some prices a few days ago and weaver is really going up. Teela is also not bad.

#5 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Its a tough call... Personally I would have kept her... I hate wanting a figure years later and having to pay mad money for them... On the other hand you profited $180...

#6 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 25 February 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

I once heard that Matty one day will make her for the general Public so I think you made the right move

I just can't see them doing that at all.

#7 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I guess looking back BBTS selling her for around $75 was a steal...

#8 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Pretty awesome price! A friend sold a few around the $175 mark a few weeks backs. And I to doubt this figure will ever be available again.
Draven

#9 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I can but it could be a varient of somekind

#10 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

your bin price seems to be the lowest on ebay so far everything i looked at was in the $200 range I bet if you had not put yours up the guy would have jumped on one of those

#11 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postsynch, on 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

your bin price seems to be the lowest on ebay so far everything i looked at was in the $200 range I bet if you had not put yours up the guy would have jumped on one of those

Are you looking at active or completed listings? For completed listings, they are all below that...

#12 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

active of course there is one lower with out a BIN @ $149.95 1bid 2 days left I got a feeling it will jump up

#13 User is offline   Hordak Rules 

• Lord and Ruler of Dispondos

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

WJ, I never thought you were delusional until now. @loll@ Seriously though, I can't believe Mattel will ever re-release Shadoweaver then they don't even have the faith in Ram Man to make extras to sell.

I love this line, but I am not prepared to pay the insane prices that some people (and businesses) put on these figures.

#14 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think if you'd held on to it for five or 10 years, it's pretty certain it would be worth/sell for much more. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and you made a lot of useful money on it now, so I don't think it was a bad move. And once you've held on to it for five or 10 years, you'd be more hesitant to keep holding on to it forever, which does you no good.

#15 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

I feel kinda stupid right now, because I sold my extra Shadow Weaver to an .org member for like $50 shipped a year ago. I could have made a sweet profit, but I chose to help someone out instead. It doesn't pay to be nice. LOL!

#16 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 28 February 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

I feel kinda stupid right now, because I sold my extra Shadow Weaver to an .org member for like $50 shipped a year ago. I could have made a sweet profit, but I chose to help someone out instead. It doesn't pay to be nice. LOL!

That wasn't so bad back then. She has skyrocketed since. So really the lesson is just hold on to the figures, and most of them that are worth a lot now will be worth even more later.

Can you imagine in 10 years listing a MOTUC Shadow Weaver MOC on eBay? It would probably be the only one. I'm thinking a Buy It Now price of $1000 might do it... :D

#17 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

In ten years, It might be quite a few characters that reach the Shadow Weaver status --- since it looks like Mattel is really starting to limit the amount of figures being produced.

#18 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 28 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

In ten years, It might be quite a few characters that reach the Shadow Weaver status --- since it looks like Mattel is really starting to limit the amount of figures being produced.

Good call.

Everyone should hang on to those Mighty Spector figures after all.

#19 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostEric, on 28 February 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

That wasn't so bad back then. She has skyrocketed since. So really the lesson is just hold on to the figures, and most of them that are worth a lot now will be worth even more later.

Can you imagine in 10 years listing a MOTUC Shadow Weaver MOC on eBay? It would probably be the only one. I'm thinking a Buy It Now price of $1000 might do it... :D

Now you're making me feel like I shouldn't have sold it. @lol@

#20 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Well, look at it this way: I have a room half full of stuff I bought thinking I would sell that's all worth considerably more than when I bought it, and I haven't sold one thing, and it's all just been setting for years doing nothing and bringing me nothing in return (I got tired of the eBay thing).

Besides, live for the moment, man. And a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. :)

#21 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostEric, on 01 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, look at it this way: I have a room half full of stuff I bought thinking I would sell that's all worth considerably more than when I bought it, and I haven't sold one thing, and it's all just been setting for years doing nothing and bringing me nothing in return (I got tired of the eBay thing).

Besides, live for the moment, man. And a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. :)

I've bought and sold for quite a few years on ebay. Buying big lots of vintage GI Joe's, keeping the ones I needed, and selling the rest individually on ebay was a good way to fill out my collection without spending much money, and it also helped me make extra money to put towards more figures.

I've always looked at ebay as a way to trade figures. I sell figures I don't want, or no longer care for, and put the money back into figures that I do want.

#22 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Fisto really surprises my in terms of secondary market. Folks are shelling out big money for they guy.

#23 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on 01 March 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

View PostEric, on 01 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I've bought and sold for quite a few years on ebay. Buying big lots of vintage GI Joe's, keeping the ones I needed, and selling the rest individually on ebay was a good way to fill out my collection without spending much money, and it also helped me make extra money to put towards more figures.

I've always looked at ebay as a way to trade figures. I sell figures I don't want, or no longer care for, and put the money back into figures that I do want.

That's how I used to be, too. It's a great way of doing it. I've just sorta moved on from collecting, even though I love to talk about it here and see what all is out there.

View Postjedimaster-c, on 02 March 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Fisto really surprises my in terms of secondary market. Folks are shelling out big money for they guy.

That's exactly (EXACTLY) what Mattel wanted. Their threat of no re-releases worked perfectly for Fisto. Unfortunately, it didn't lead to a boom in subscription sales like they'd hoped; it just worked to drive interest up in one or two or three figures.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us