Episode 7 Specualtive Time Capsule! let's see if we can write it before it is written
Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 PM
- the new Skywalker(Skywalker/Solo?) protagonist/focus will be female (with apologies to Princess Leia: not a "strong female character" enough to undo this "creative" move?)
- the rule of 2 for the Sith is broken - MOAR SITH!
- MOAR SITH = MOAR BADASS(read: ridiculous) SITH LIGHTSABER VARIATIONS! say hello to the onscreen Lightscythe! Light-chaku!
- See your favorite (cashgrab) OT characters relegated to background work: Commander Solo dismisses briefing rooms, Senator Organa-Solo leads a house session, Master Luke Skywalker instructs baby Jedi in how to remove their personalities
- Wedge Antillies is the highest ranking Rebel
- Old Boba Fett...yup, we dismiss all liscenced comic and novel ideas except that he climbed out of the pit. Not only that, but he's tamed the beast and rides it on Tattooine like we're watching Dune.
- Old Han vs Old Boba...even though you fantasized about a real rematch, did you also imagine them as 70 year old men?
- Darth Maul...again...robo spider/goat legs, whatever...he's also ageless with evil
- Stormtroopers II - someone reopens the old cloning facilities...because "its like poetry"
- at some point, in a cutesy nod, Chewbacca is given some sort of medal
- Alec Guiness is ressurected via CGI! Ewan McGregor supplies the voice - OR - young ghost/McGregory Obi, because if Anakin can get off murdering children and get to be young looking again...
- personal longshot prediction: Luke Skywalker has trained no new Jedi after we last saw him and has stopped practicing/promoting , perhaps letting it go due to the inconsistencies of the Jedi philosophy*, the lies and failures of the past*, and the inherent danger of force sensitives* or perhaps just letting his guard down under the flag of peace in the galaxy. A new evil (Sith?) shows up and allies itself with the remnants of the old Empire, threatens to turn the force sensitive child(ren) of the Organa/Solo side of the family, and Luke takes up the mantle of Jedi again. Of course, that would mean that only Luke and possibly the new villain would wield lightsabers...and we could never let that happen, as its boring if a lightsaber isnt ignited every two minutes* (*see prequel trilogy*)
Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:04 PM
You know, hearing Lucas say that in reference to all of the forced, shoehorned OT references in the prequels was when I realized this guy was not a writer.
But anyway. I guess I really don't have any predictions about this movie yet. I have a lot of hopes, no predictions. I guess I will make a general prediction that Abrams will be very "old school" about this and leave out a good portion of prequel nonsense like meicalorians (not debunk it, but not address it either). But again....I guess that would fall under the "hope" category.
If Lucas was still at the helm the predictions would come a lot easier.
When I'm feeling more creative and sarcastic I'll come back with more
Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:43 AM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:25 AM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:37 AM
But we're talking predictions here, not facts
Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:48 AM
But his was a good prediction, 90% of your post was just poking fun at Star Wars, or SW fans in general...
Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:06 PM
I would say that about 50% of my post is poking fun...yet I put it out there because its not that far fetched. its true that 90% of SW fans lack a sense of humor about SW and their fandom...I mean, I and many others think that the concept of a lightscythe is ridiculous, but how many more would salivate at the thought? Any of these concepts could prove true in fan catering...It would be nice to see the finished film, look back at this thread, and maybe be able to say "TNI users could have come up with that..." Or, "Wow, they completely surprised us with the new SW! We were way off!"
forget the ghost of Obi, Hayden Skywalker will appear to guide Luke! Gotta further justify deleting Shaw, I guess.
callbacks: the lines "bad feeling about this" and "here we go again" will be uttered...probably more than once. And while not yet a SW cliche, expect the inevitable "getting too old for this" is some form. A long shot, but some cant resist running pop culture into the ground: "It's a trap!" from an extremely old Ackbar, or his grandson, Colonel Ackbar, or something...
Death Star III (or IV, if you like Star Tours)
expect to see stars that have less place in the SW Universe than Jefferson Starship and Harvey Korman: who can guess what stars will lobby, or beg, to be in it. Even in small cameos...shudder...
one element ripped from the expanded universe and repurposed: the death of Chewbacca...I must see Malla, Lumpy, and Itchy (if still around) at the funeral!
Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:29 PM
freefall lightsaber battle...freefall not unlike another "Star" movie
while the character wont appear (or will he?), the mask of Darth Vader will be utilized...cashcow visual/taunt against the Skywalker gang
Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:44 AM
New Death Star type superweapon? Nope. The remnants of the Empire go full on terrorist with chemical/germ warfare, introducing a plague that affects the midichlorians in the blood of force sensitives.
Willrow Hood has opened a chain of low-fat ice cream parlors in greater Coruscant
Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 AM
Han Solo has a run in with Rotta the Hutt
the remnants of the Empire will be more diverse (bye bye Limeys), with women, aliens, and peoples of different color...though probably for more than just weak story reasons. Or maybe that will just be the New Republic's game...which would be more predictable. Cuz the good guys are more tolerant, right, Hollywood?
Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:39 AM
I bet these stories focus on the people loyal to the Emprie as the rebellion this time like I have read in some of the stories