TNI Forums: Will The OT Cast Return For The Sequels? - TNI Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will The OT Cast Return For The Sequels?

#1 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Harrison Ford Open To Bringing Han Solo Back To The Big Screen

#2 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Ahh...this is good news. This was the only part I was worried about since Ford's never seemingly been a huge fan of the Han Solo character or Star Wars in general.

#3 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

http://enewsi.com/mo.../190-23608.html

According to sources close to the just-announced Star Wars sequel, Harrison Ford is open to the idea of bringing Han Solo back to the big screen in 2015.

"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it, all three of them are," referring to Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher.

Nothing has been confirmed but Ford won’t go to the next level of contract talks until there’s a script and director in place. Both are important are they can also cause a deal breaker.

#4 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#5 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'm ok with seeing them back together.

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 06 November 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

I dunno...despite Lucas not pulling the reins this time, there still might be something about the argument of seeing your heroes get old that doesnt sit right.
http://redlettermedi...-crystal-skull/

#7 User is offline   Silverbolt 

• Supreme Overlord of Seeker Customization

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 06 November 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

As long as it isn't some story about how 12 Jedi go to a backwater planet in the Sol system, eventually die, but before doing so condense the Force into their heads so they "crystallize" and retain some of their Jedi powers I'll be ok.

If something was going to be done with the original trilogy actors it really should have been done in place of the pre-qual movies. Doing them starting in 2015 with either result in the movies being to jarring because to much time will have passed since Jedi, I think it would have to be set a minimum of 30 years after the events of Jedi, or the original trio will just look to old for the roles they are required to play. I mean it isn't like any of them could really play their roles if the new movies were set in the Thrawn time frame.

A way to do this would likely be to end SW Clone Wars at the end of this season and start a New Republic series that starts up 10-15 or so years after Jedi.

#8 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

If it's going to happen, I'd much rather see Harrison play the character than have him recast or killed off screen.

#9 User is offline   Silverbolt 

• Supreme Overlord of Seeker Customization

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 06 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

If it's going to happen, I'd much rather see Harrison play the character than have him recast or killed off screen.

I agree you can't recast the characters from the original trilogy, at least not without doing a remake of the original. I don't think that would go over really well with fans.

#10 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

According to blastr.com - 'rumor of the day'
"...That same source, however, says that Ford will only strap on Han's blaster if he gets a death scene..."

#11 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Billy Dee Williams would do new 'Star Wars'

#12 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 18 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

of course he would...anything is a step up from Kansas City Planet Comicon guest of honor

#13 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Harrison Ford is in?

http://latino-review...rs-episode-vii/

hope not...terrible...old age has apparently got to him. First he wants Solo killed off cuz there's nothing for him to do in ROTJ, and now he's okay with what will most likely be a venerable old man cameo?

#14 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Scarlet
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

If anything, I hope it's just a passing the torch kind of thing.

#15 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't get why you guys are hatin! I want Ford back as Han Solo at least for the first of the new trilogy. They can't have a new trilogy and NOT feature all of the original chore characters.

I want all of them back for the first part.. Mark Hammil, Harrison Ford, Cary Fisher, Anthony Daniels (C3PO), and maybe even Billy Dee Williams.. R2D2 and Chewbacca of course too..

but anyhow, the first part of the new trilogy will HAVE to feature the main characters and they MUST be the original actors

sure they are older, but the story can reflect that.. and Hollywood makeup artists can work wonders

#16 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Quintesson

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well considering how Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was received I don't blame him trying to cash in on this, he should just make Hollywood Homicide 2.

#17 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

this is weird..I remember him saying he would NEVER play Solo ever again

#18 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm hearing Ford wants in so they can kill Han off.

#19 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Posthamsterboy, on 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

I'm hearing Ford wants in so they can kill Han off.

What, before old age can?

#20 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

He did great in idiana jones 4. ok the movie wasnt great but man ford still delivered. I cant wait to see the old gang back at it.

#21 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postshokker, on 16 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

He did great in idiana jones 4. ok the movie wasnt great but man ford still delivered. I cant wait to see the old gang back at it.

Youre right, Ford was delivering despite age in KOTCS...at least for the first half of the movie...before he got shoved into the background by the overcrowded "family" element

and thats most likely to happen in SW...Id hate to see Han Solo if he doesnt have an active role...too many characters, too little time...Han and Harrison are too good for cameos/venerable old man/passing the torch bs

God forbid they take a stab at setting a new SW film further into the future where they dont feel the need to shoehorn old characters into minor roles for the sake of nostalgia and cheap cross-marketing.

#22 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

As much as I loved KOTCS, I agree with you feat...I could have done without Mac and Marion. Oxley however was interesting, with his incoherent rambling, spewing out the occasional riddle here and there. But yeah, it got to be too much towards the end.

To address your concern about Ford simply being shoehorned in Episode VII for nostalgia's sake, I'm encouraged by J.J. Abrams' inclusion of Leonard Nemoy in Star Trek; he wasn't regulated to a cameo. His character was pretty prominent in the storyline without being over-the-top like Kirk was in Generations. His role in the film was written very well. Now whether that was due to Abrams' directing or what the writers did with the character, I really don't know. But if he can replicate that success with the original cast members of Star Wars, then I have high hopes for Episode VII.

#23 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Scarlet
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Someitmes, I don't get you guys:

Don't recast the characters...

Don't have it a "passing the torch" movie...

What do you expect them to do, if it's set in the same time as the original trilogy, only when they're older, they're going to have to show them some how. Even if it's set off in the distant future, and say it's Luke or Han & Leia's grandkids, they'll still have to show/talk/do something about the older characters... no matter what. They can't just start the movie, like none of the other stuff ever happened. Then some of you would be here arguing that they're crapping on 30 years of fandom, lol... I guess some will say that no matter what they choose to do. @loll@

#24 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 17 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Someitmes, I don't get you guys:

Don't recast the characters...

Don't have it a "passing the torch" movie...

What do you expect them to do, if it's set in the same time as the original trilogy, only when they're older, they're going to have to show them some how. Even if it's set off in the distant future, and say it's Luke or Han & Leia's grandkids, they'll still have to show/talk/do something about the older characters... no matter what. They can't just start the movie, like none of the other stuff ever happened. Then some of you would be here arguing that they're crapping on 30 years of fandom, lol... I guess some will say that no matter what they choose to do. @loll@

You make it sound that any new Star Wars MUST feature older versions of familiar characters or descendants of familiar characters to work. Or you are speaking that it is what all "fans" generally expect, and possibly cant live without? God forbid the characters have no real attachment to past characters/ships/planets/imagry. As if the name "Star Wars" alone couldnt carry a completely original story...but hey, its all about playing it safe while maximizing the bottom line potential $$$

#25 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Baroness

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

I thought Ford and Fisher and Hammil were all comfirmed weeks ago. Why does this seem like news to some people now?

If the movie is good, everyone is going to be happy.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us