• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NECA Aliens 7" Line Includes new aliens and marines

#1 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Didn't see a thread for this line, which is what I am most looking forward to in 2013. First wave is supposed to be Hicks, Hudson and a revised Alien warrior. The alien warrior looks more or less the same figure as the Cult Classics version.

At toyfair, they showed those three and two different battle-damaged aliens. Personally, I don't know if they are part of the series, or series 2 or what. I have also read (I think on here) that an Alien Queen is also imminent.

By the pics, Hicks seems to blow away the McFarlane figure. A lot of articulation. The downside seems to be accessories. I have a feeling that A: Helmets will be a separate figure instead of an accessory (which should be easy), and B: They will mix and match accesories like motion tracker, welder, etc instead of having each figure come with everything.

NECA should take a page from Kenner's playbook (they are with the Predator Series 10 figs) and include face-huggers and chest-bursters with the Alien figures. Probably won't, though.

#2 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

I believe those battle damage Aliens will be in two packs. Maybe with each marine with the other set of accessories you mentioned.

#3 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

i read on fwoosh that neca replies a lot on twitter and they confirmed a queen for december. they are working on 2-packs and i guess the battle damaged aliens will be in that set. not confirmed but i believe the marines will be the ones with the helmets. i cant wait for these to happen but neca didnt mention a lot for other marines to pop up. they actually dont have the actors likeness to do it. i guess its wait and see.

#4 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

This is seriously one of my most anticipated lines of 2013. April simply cannot come soon enough.

#5 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Wouldnt it be awesome to get some kenner aliens to? I would love a snake and king alien.

#6 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postshokker, on 15 February 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

i read on fwoosh that neca replies a lot on twitter and they confirmed a queen for december. they are working on 2-packs and i guess the battle damaged aliens will be in that set. not confirmed but i believe the marines will be the ones with the helmets. i cant wait for these to happen but neca didnt mention a lot for other marines to pop up. they actually dont have the actors likeness to do it. i guess its wait and see.

People have made petitions for Vasquez and Honzo, Neca said if they meet the. Numbers then they will do it, haven't found the pettions site but it was talked about on Necas twitter acount

#7 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

View Postgruntcast, on 15 February 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

View Postshokker, on 15 February 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

People have made petitions for Vasquez and Honzo, Neca said if they meet the. Numbers then they will do it, haven't found the pettions site but it was talked about on Necas twitter acount

honzo? why honzo? is he that in demand? i would rather take danny glover or lets do the ones from the first movie first like dillon, billy, mac and blaine. these would sell more then honzo if you ask me. as for aliens drake, vasquez, bishop could come with newt. ripley (even with no guns) are absolute must haves.

#8 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hanzo's from Predators, right? I doubt I would buy any of the characters from that movie.

It would make sense for NECA to do Ripley (Newt Rescue) and Bishop next, along with Her Highness. I only hope I have the income to get the must-haves before they sell out and end up being sold by e-gougers. .

#9 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Postbeckmen, on 16 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Hanzo's from Predators, right? I doubt I would buy any of the characters from that movie.

It would make sense for NECA to do Ripley (Newt Rescue) and Bishop next, along with Her Highness. I only hope I have the income to get the must-haves before they sell out and end up being sold by e-gougers. .

well i would get him no matter what but he would be farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr behind my list. man even royce would be better suited for a figure, lol. i know that its hard to get the rights for weavers likeness. it would be great to finally have ripley in this line. i believe that apone and two others i dont remember the name had the same armors as hicks and hudson. just a head switch and different paint apps and we could get two more.

#10 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

View Postbeckmen, on 16 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Hanzo's from Predators, right? I doubt I would buy any of the characters from that movie...

Yep, Hanzo is the Japanese guy who fights the Falconer Predator with the Katana.

I also agree, that I don't really see myself buying any characters from the Predators movie. Maybe Royce.

#11 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I would absolutely buy Royce from Predators if they ever made him. I'd like to get all the main characters from the films.

#12 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I heard a rumor that this line/wave was pushed back to a May release. Has anyone else caught wind of this?

#13 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Amazon's listing says June 28th, I am more likely to believe them than BBTS and ebay sellers who claim May. We're only now getting Predator(s) Series 8 after being told they'd be available in February.

#14 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

I believe the first ones will hit end may but june will have the big release. I got a mail that they will be in europe by the end of july.

#15 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

NECA just posted a "shipping calendar" on their website, which shows all product shipping within the next 30 days. You can find this in their home page or Facebook page.
This calendar doesn't list the Aliens line in May or early June. Hmm.

#16 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

They posted on their facebook the delay is due to "last minute improvements".

#17 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postbeckmen, on 05 May 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

They posted on their facebook the delay is due to "last minute improvements".

That's better than releasing bad figures!

#18 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

The problem isn't just this hold up, but it's more the fact that this has been happening pretty consistently with all of NECA's recent releases. The Predator's line came out almost 2 months late, and also the Rambo figure was pushed back along with the Aliens line.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Hasbro of days past, when the BBTS release dates could be guaranteed, and sometimes items would even ship sooner.

I hate to simply sound like a complainer. I'm more concerned with what these sort of delays might be the symptoms of. I'm reminded of how NECA had to hold up on the recent Predator wave, because they "ran out" of stock. Are there production issues? Is NECA having trouble allocating resources (materials, workers, money) to make figures? Maybe I'm just looking too into it? I just know that Hasbro and other major companies are suffereing from various resource issues currently, and very little new merchandise is seeing the light of day.

I'm hoping these aren't the signs of a future with very little or no action figures.

#19 User is offline   nonameshmo30 

• Rat King

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I wish we got the truth about what is going on with NECA But i knew this would happen as soon as they won toy company of the year. It never fails. As soon as a company wins they seem to just say to hell with it and then this starts. figures pushed back or not made at all. They have such a hunger to win the awards but after they win it seems like all these issues crop up. I mean really ran out of dutch figures when they knew the demand would be great. But on face book they post they found a few cases. Bullcrap.

Why can't collecting/buying these things be so much simpler instead of the trouble it has become? Why must we jump through hoops to try and find figures? I am so pissed about the state of action across the board with every company. Each months goes by it gets worse and worse.

#20 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I don't really care for delays as long as the final product is good and free of defects. In a year or two are we still going to be discussing how long it took for these figures to come out, or just be satisfied that they came out great?

#21 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I dont really care either when they hit and 2 months pass by faster then expected sometimes. Every toycompany has delays. I see no big deal. How long did hasbro teases us with marvel legends figures and yet we got nothing. Mattel and motuc or should i remind the bad taste some got from shocker toys? I believe neca does better then ever and these delays mostly arrive when they concentrade on figures that have to be out before a movie hits like kick ass or the lone ranger while aliens, predators can come whenever they are ready. Even Hot toys has huge delays too.

#22 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

It seems like NECA has bit off more than they can chew. They now have the licenses to so many properties that it seems like they are producing twice or more as many figures as in previous years. Well, that means building more factories, taking on more staff. If they just push the existing equipment/employees of course massive delays are going to happen.

#23 User is offline   SolidSnakeEyes 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

NECA posted carded images of the new Aliens line, stating that they're all "packed up and heading to shelves soon." The pictures have only appeared on their Facebook page, so far. This is good news!

https://www.facebook...fficial?fref=ts

#24 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Man i cant wait for those.

#25 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

http://www.figures.c...r-part-two.html

A bunch more details on the line in there. My thoughts...

1: NECA seems to continue with the greed. Instead of giving us two heads for the Marines and all their accessories, they want us to buy Hicks and Hudson twice. I'd much rather pay a little bit higher MSRP and get figures that are complete. The screaming heads with helmets will be only in the two-packs.

2: The face-hugger and eggs; same thing. I have a feeling these will end up on NECA direct for crappy prices; with too much shipping making them even less practical for cost-conscious collectors such as myself. These things would have been a nice extra incentive to buy the two-packs they are doing, but I guess not.

Still looking forward to the line, but I will be conflicted as to what to buy. The core figures for series 1 are pretty much a given....the rest of the stuff will depend on many factors.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us