Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I have a concern

#1 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Like the rest of you, I am totally psyched for "Ultimate Roadblock" and "Ultimate Duke" figures. But am I the only one concerned about the fact that they're practially in the last waves of figures? With everyone here pretty much saying they're "waiting for the Ultimate figures" doesn't that raise concern that the figures before them won't get sold, and thus, the ultimates we're waiting for won't get on the shelves? I seem to recall this happening with Rise of Cobra. A lot of the later stuff we wanted barely made it through because hardly anyone bought the first few waves. (At least not until Christmas) Same deal with Indiana Jones. We hardly got any of the Temple of Doom or Last Crusade figures because the stores were overstocked with Raiders and Crystal Skull toys no one bought.
Is anyone else worried about this? Or am I just paranoid? :/

#2 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostDragonrider1227, on 13 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Is anyone else worried about this?

Absolutely. I share all those concerns. Final waves of toy lines not showing up have happened again and again.

That's why I'm just watching online like a hawk to jump on the preorder, I'll just bite the bullet on shipping. Too many good figures to miss out on.

#3 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. I'm hoping that's going to be an differnet line, if you look at the box art of the Tomahawk, it's not the nerf-ninja RB box art that Retaliation has, so I'm betting when the "Ultimate" wave hits, the card art will actually look different too.. just seems silly bringing out comic and toon accurate looking figures on the movie cards(I know RB and Duke are, I'm thinking more the SE, SS and CC).

#4 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 13 February 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Absolutely. I share all those concerns. Final waves of toy lines not showing up have happened again and again.

That's why I'm just watching online like a hawk to jump on the preorder, I'll just bite the bullet on shipping. Too many good figures to miss out on.

Yeah, so far I think the only toy line not to do this is The Avengers and as much as I love GI Joe, even at it's best I don't see GI Joe doing THAT well.
I don't usually pre-order due to costs but it's not a bad idea. Where would you recommend? Would we still get them even if they never get to stores?

#5 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostDragonrider1227, on 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yeah, so far I think the only toy line not to do this is The Avengers and as much as I love GI Joe, even at it's best I don't see GI Joe doing THAT well.
I don't usually pre-order due to costs but it's not a bad idea. Where would you recommend? Would we still get them even if they never get to stores?

There is always that chance they end up at Ross if that does happen...

#6 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've found that smalljoes.com usually sells the cases at the cost of a retail store (so a case of 5 would cost $50 as opposed to BBTS wich will sell a case of 5 for $70). Individuals may get marked up a few bucks. I have no Ross stores in my area. Like I say, not gonna chance it.

#7 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Gotcha. I may do the same with this particular wave

#8 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

That is a very good point.

#9 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Now that we know the ultimate figs are coming in the true wave 3 I can relax some. Wave 2 and 2.5 are out, so it's the next wave coming up and the movie isn't even out, i'm confident these will hit.

#10 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

I wouldn't be concerned about the wave actually showing up, I think it will hit retail pretty good. My concern is actually finding all the figures because that wave has like 12 new individual figures. Most cases only hold about that many figures, so let's say a store gets one case, we that's only one of each figure. Most people are going to want one of each figures so case sell through is going to be quick. That mean's store order more but they might not get another case of wave 3.

#11 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Heh good point. I think we can be sure that the Ultimate Roadblock and Duke figures will be fairly easy to find. It's stuff like the Sunbow Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow that we may have to hunt for.

#12 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 13 February 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

View PostDragonrider1227, on 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

There is always that chance they end up at Ross if that does happen...

Sorry for the thread bump but what's a Ross? I don't think my area has those

#13 User is offline   Da Top Cat 

• Good Kitty

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm more worried about the RZA wave, since apparently it's just him, Jynx, and Night Viper. And with Wave 3 not out until July, we're probably talking way after the movie is forgotten before wave 4 supposedly hits. And I don't really want to buy a whole case just to get 3 figures(though I wouldn't mind an extra Night Viper).

#14 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

on a positive note... whenever I got to a store, the pegs are mostly empty.. so it's not like they are sitting on a ton of old crap.

they shouldn't have problems getting the new waves out

#15 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

I cleaned out my stores that are around me and brought the figs to a local toy show over the weekend. They did okay, but mainly only sold the Cobras and Lady Jayes. Im hoping this gets the stores to order more, my luck it'll be wave one like I started seeing pop up at some other stores.

#16 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostDa Top Cat, on 30 April 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'm more worried about the RZA wave, since apparently it's just him, Jynx, and Night Viper. And with Wave 3 not out until July, we're probably talking way after the movie is forgotten before wave 4 supposedly hits. And I don't really want to buy a whole case just to get 3 figures(though I wouldn't mind an extra Night Viper).

What's an RZA?

#17 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

The actor that played the Blind Master.

#18 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 01 May 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

You should have wrote, "actor".

I'm not placing any hope in seeing wave 4. I'm just going to come to terms with that now. I DO have hope of seeing wave 3, however, and that's the one that really counts, IMO.

#19 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

At this point all I'm seeing is Wave 1 at the Wallyworlds round here. I did see the Colton Wave back in Feb but now nothing but wave 1 in full force, if you missed out on GI Joe "Halo" Troopers, now is your time......

#20 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 01 May 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Ah yes. The "actor." Not a wave seriously on my radar. Though I wouldn't mind a movie Jynx figure

#21 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I'm upset about Jinx. I don't think wave 4 will make it out. Derryl even said at Joecon that they weren't in production yet and might not make it. My bet is some sort of multipack of some sort to get them out. Seems silly to not have two characters from the movie out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us