• Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

http://tformers.com/...19496/news.html

I am not surprised...

#2 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

They should let it ride till the movie hits. I see no reason to start another one right before the movie. Then they'll cancel that one and say it's to work on the movie. Kinda silly if you ask me.

#3 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

wow so no more transformers prime ?!? Personally I liked the series it was fun! Wow I guess megatron really did win what a way to cancel a series having megatron take over cybertron & get a base on earth & blow up the autobot base with optimus prime in it!! just ... wow ... @loll@

#4 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Leatherhead

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

That would've actually been a cool way to end it, but nah, they're still gonna do 13 episodes of Beast Hunters to "wrap things up." And a 75 minute DVD film release or something. If they were going to go ahead and cut season 3 short anyway, I wish they would've let it happen a bit more organically instead of trying to introduce a new faction and concept into the story. Season 2 ended on a major cliffhanger, so they still need to resolve that, and they're going to introduce an entirely new previously unknown faction and have stories revolve around what is supposed to be this great new threat... and then it'll just end. The finale is going to feel rushed. Too bad, Prime deserves better.

Oh, and I completely disagree with the tone of that TFormers article, which is implying that cancelling Prime isn't such a bad thing because the series was patronizing and didn't connect with anyone? Huh? Most TF fans were really into Prime from what I could see. I don't think there's anything positive that can be gathered from this.

#5 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yeah i felt that article was lame and simply written by some hater who didn't like it ... & personally i loved these kids best kids & humans in general I've seen on a tf show yet imo ... & the only character I felt was a "bayformer" was bumblebee & that honestly made sense to me to do

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Mer-Man

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

cool...more room for Generations figures in the toy aisle!

#7 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Why do they feel they have to move on to a new Transformers toon?.Why can't they just continue on? They heavily back this Beast Hunters thing for only 13 episodes?

#8 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

cool...more room for Generations figures in the toy aisle!

dito. i like me some generations figures :)

#9 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I wonder if this is the end of Welker and Cullen doing the voices of Prime and Megatron

#10 User is offline   lizzardteabag 

• Andorian

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I thought this was the best Transformers cartoon since gen 1. Good cartoons have been getting cancelled alot lately.

#11 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I can't believe all of the complaints on that site about the kids. The worst? Really? I guess they forgot about all of the series between Beast Machines and Animated.

#12 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Leatherhead

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

The kids were totally tolerable in this series. I even like Miko to a certain extent, haha.

And I know the comment was tongue in cheek, but there's no reason to believe that TF Prime's troubles will benefit Generations in any way. If anything it could be a sign that Hasbro's economic problems are now extending beyond fewer paint aps and smaller figures. But maybe I'm being pessimistic. I dunno, I mean, I thought Prime was one of the more watched programs on The Hub (it ain't My Little Pony, but what is?).

#13 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm dissapointed I thought this was going to be the transformers series that would make it past three seasons

#14 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I wonder what the new series will be like...

#15 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I hope Bumblebee can talk again in the next series. I've never liked that he couldn't.

#16 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostBigBot84, on 14 February 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

I hope Bumblebee can talk again in the next series. I've never liked that he couldn't.

I never understood that gimmick... Was it supposed to make him "cute" for kids?...

#17 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 14 February 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I never understood that gimmick... Was it supposed to make him "cute" for kids?...

Probably less about "cute" and more about "audience identification."

Like Snake-Eyes in the old G.I. Joe cartoon, by making a character silent and/or masked, you (in theory) make it easier for a kid to project themselves onto that character, or in other words to imagine themselves in that role.

#18 User is offline   LiquidMetal 

• Shredder

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Wish Prime series could have lasted a bit longer :(....

#US1#

#19 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I wouldn't expect any type of wrap up from these last few episodes & if there is any it will be short & lame IMO it ended last season @loll@

#20 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

same, to me it makes no sense for him not to speak and I think most older fans would question the logic of autobots having the technology to travel through space and make warp gates but not being able to fix Bumblebee's voice box

#21 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

View Postspystreak, on 14 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

same, to me it makes no sense for him not to speak and I think most older fans would question the logic of autobots having the technology to travel through space and make warp gates but not being able to fix Bumblebee's voice box

I think they actually answered that in the show something about it being a part of him or some such & also I am sure they said they could fix it were they on cybertron

#22 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I was half asleep on the episode where they explained it. I gotta rewatch some of them again, I hate the new netflix that plays like 3 more episodes if you fall asleep, lol.. I just wish we had a series without any short, fat, or overly anime-ish characters.

#23 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Leatherhead

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Isn't it supposed to be a badge of honor type thing? So he never forgets what the Decepticons did to him, or something.

#24 User is offline   Silverbolt 

• Supreme Overlord of Seeker Customization

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postsynch, on 14 February 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

View Postspystreak, on 14 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

I think they actually answered that in the show something about it being a part of him or some such & also I am sure they said they could fix it were they on cybertron

It was a non-repairable biological part, the only way to get one would be to likely take someone else's.

#25 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well, seeing I don't get the Hub where I live,I never was able to see TF Prime. I was not happy with the character designs. Not really surprised BH got the axe. Amazed the figures are still shipping.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us