• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fang man wont be sold at saleday And other surprises, lol

#1 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Ha lets start so matty just announced that fangman wont be sold at saleday. Just subscribers will get him. Also strobo will be available only in the early access program for march. Just fantastic to get some extra cash from shipping.

#2 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

What happened? Did they only get enough for the subscribers?

#3 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Snakeman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I guess this is their way of saying they really want people to get subs, otherwise fans may not get all the figures. What they don't understand is cherry pickers can get these figures elsewhere without committing to a sub ... and sometimes for cheaper.

#4 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I guess this is their way of saying they really want people to get subs, otherwise fans may not get all the figures. What they don't understand is cherry pickers can get these figures elsewhere without committing to a sub ... and sometimes for cheaper.

I think if you were saying was the truth they would do it with ram Man and not on a lesser known character like this one

#5 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

More scare tactics. Pathetic.

#6 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I find it ironic that there's only enough Fang-Man toys for sub holders, but there were more than enough Netossa toys available.

#7 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

It makes no sense since every figure sold out since now. Matty doesnt need the extra cash to continue with the line.

#8 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

What'll make even less sense is if they have a Black Friday sale later this year and... *poof* Fang-man is on sale on Black friday, lol @loll@

#9 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I could see that happening. Sell them as customer service stock.

THEN make them early access accessible so they can sell out to sub holders without ever hitting a regular sales window.
THEN sell them right before 2014's subscription drive, and capitalise on the fear.

GENIUS.

#10 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I want Fang Man, but if they do this with Karrati and Octavia I'll be more inclined to sell them. They'll be easier to get rid of and I can save the shelf space. In lukewarm on both of them and I'm looking forward to almost every character more.

#11 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Personally, if I was running a business, then I would want to sell as much of an item as the market would buy...but that's just me.

#12 User is online   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

They actually said they would be doing this laste year and I am not surprised for once they are @loll@
Draven

#13 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Snakeman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 12 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Personally, if I was running a business, then I would want to sell as much of an item as the market would buy...but that's just me.

Agreed, But this is Mattel's way of teaching us cherry pickers a lesson. LOL! There are a lot of pissed fans across the boards because of this, and I feel their vibe... but realistically I don't see why. If they really want Fang Man they can buy him on the bay in a few months when the artificial scarcity has worn off. What's really f'ed up are the fans with subs that are being smug with the cherry pickers... in their eyes they are the ONLY ones who support the line when they buy the subs.

#14 User is offline   Hordak Rules 

• Lord and Ruler of Dispondos

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Meh, I was on the fence about ordering Fangman, but I guess Matty decided for me. Thanks for saving me some money Mattel! I'll order him on Black Friday at a discounted rate. Glad to see their customer service skills are as wonderful as ever.

For those people that are cherrypickers vs subs, I would be a sub, if I was guaranteed to get figures I actually wanted. When I'm stuck buying something like Karatti or any of the New Adventures figures, it makes me change my mind. Everyone might like Octavia, but I don't.

#15 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

But this is Mattel. Nothing they've done has made sense from a business perspective with the MOTUC line.

Personally, as a subscriber, I see this as dollar signs.

Ebay, here I come with my Fangman I don't want. $100! Cha-ching. :P

#16 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I really dont get it. Motuc is suppose to be waht makes mattycollector run and yet they dont sell new figures on saleday, lol. Its like a comic shop without comics.

#17 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Actually, now that I think about it, Matty is already offering that new Filmation sub.
...and Fang-Man is a Filmation character.

Am I paranoid for thinking that this might all just be a ploy to try to drive up Filmation sub numbers?

#18 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostMonkey_Shuttle, on 13 February 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Actually, now that I think about it, Matty is already offering that new Filmation sub.
...and Fang-Man is a Filmation character.

Am I paranoid for thinking that this might all just be a ploy to try to drive up Filmation sub numbers?

Nah, not paranoid. For once that's a Mattycollector conspiracy theory I find entirely plausible, though I strongly suspect that few if any of the Filmation sub figures will be available on sale days once the subscription actually kicks in.

Still not enough to get me to buy in to the Filmation sub, though...not just for one figure (Shokoti) that I want out of the 3 unveiled. I can go to ebay or e-tailer if it comes to that.

I will, however, give Mattel props for making the filmation sub a separate thing in the first place rather than mixing them heavily into the regular MOTUC rotation.

#19 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostDarthJoe, on 12 February 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

But this is Mattel. Nothing they've done has made sense from a business perspective with the MOTUC line.

My thoughts exactly... They just drove up the price of this figure...

#20 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thats cool about strobo, I can get him early and skip the line at powercon. I know they said this might happen with day of sales it does stink of trying to get more filmation subs. But hey at least they did this with him and not Jitsu or Ram-man. Fangman is cool for those of us that want the filmation figures, but really not a A or even B list character, I dont think he's even a C list...lol. Still for day of buyers it does stink.

#21 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

i actually wanted to get a fangman. oh well. i'm sure there will release a bunch for regular sales towards the end of the year. by then they will have scared plenty of people into getting subs and they will still want to make more money, so they will re-release him :)

#22 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on 12 February 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hmmm and I'm going to have an extra one....what to do, what to do...

#23 User is online   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Im just shocked that Netossa was not this way. Clearly they are delusional when they think people want a boring POP character and not a filmation Lizard that at least looks cool @loll@
Draven

#24 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I think they're just trying to follow up on their previous warning that some figures might not make it to sale day since it hasn't happened yet and Netossa totally bombed.

#25 User is online   megachickmagnet 

• Snakeman

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Fang man is only a Club Eternia exclusive right? For some reason I was thinking he was a Filmation sub exclusive. If this is the case, I don't see how there is any incentive to buy the Filmation sub if you can't get Fang Man. Looks like the only way you can win this year is if you bought both subs... which is what Mattel wants ultimately LOL.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us