TNI Forums: SDCC 2013 Exclusive: 6" 'Black Series' Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite - TNI Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SDCC 2013 Exclusive: 6" 'Black Series' Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite

#1 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

6" Star Wars Black Series Boba Fett Slated For 2013 SDCC Exclusive

#2 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

I hope they make the exclusive one of he odd costumes, like the all white prototype, or the animated series, and not one of the main, ESB or RoTJ costumes, or the fans will have a fieldday ripping out the hearts of whoever decided that... lol. It shouldn't be too hard to make something exclusive about it, but also give the regular line a regular Boba Fett. I hope they play this one safe.

#3 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 07 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I hope they make the exclusive one of he odd costumes, like the all white prototype, or the animated series, and not one of the main, ESB or RoTJ costumes, or the fans will have a fieldday ripping out the hearts of whoever decided that... lol. It shouldn't be too hard to make something exclusive about it, but also give the regular line a regular Boba Fett. I hope they play this one safe.

Your exactly right!

If I'm going to get into this line, then I'm going to want to be able to get all the main characters.

Besides the fact that I haven't done well in recent years getting Hasbro's SDCC exclusives.

#4 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 07 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Your exactly right!

If I'm going to get into this line, then I'm going to want to be able to get all the main characters.

Besides the fact that I haven't done well in recent years getting Hasbro's SDCC exclusives.

Don't get me started on Triple T Slaughter...

#5 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Wooot, I will be at sdcc this year. But I hope this is the animated, leave the film version for the pegs.

#6 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

agreed. people are going to be getting bloody in those SDCC lines for Boba Fett!

#7 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

A terrible start to the line, giving a key character to a privelaged few right out of the gate. Everything bad about SDCC exclusives will be multiplied by 10 because of who it is and the anticipation of the new line. The secondary market ransom for this guy will be insane.

I guess it's tough for me since I bashed Fett up and down in the other thread but I was planning on getting this one since I will admit he IS iconic enough and is a great visual if nothing else. But if I miss out on him, so be it, I guess.

#8 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

CRAP!! I don't deal with Hasbro during the SDCC I hit Matty and from what I have learned Hasbro is worse then Matty is

#9 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 07 February 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

A terrible start to the line, giving a key character to a privelaged few right out of the gate. Everything bad about SDCC exclusives will be multiplied by 10 because of who it is and the anticipation of the new line. The secondary market ransom for this guy will be insane.

I guess it's tough for me since I bashed Fett up and down in the other thread but I was planning on getting this one since I will admit he IS iconic enough and is a great visual if nothing else. But if I miss out on him, so be it, I guess.

yeah.. lol, you shouldn't be able to buy him... @smilepunch@ being such a lame background character and all. @loll@

#10 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 07 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

CRAP!! I don't deal with Hasbro during the SDCC I hit Matty and from what I have learned Hasbro is worse then Matty is

Yeah... The site doesn't auto refresh... It just craps out...

#11 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Or, they just hit the site already sold out, that was my problem a couple years ago, last year was easy though. Got everything I wanted.

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I am just guessing that I will have to pay 60 for him right out of the gate..

he will probably be 25-30 at SDCC, and there will be a glut of him available right away.. so maybe 60 will be a "good" price

#13 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'd say $60 on the secondary market would be optimistic. The only real attention I pay to SDCC exclusives are the GI Joes, and at 3 3/4" a lot of those have been priced at $60. A 6" Fett, from a new line that everyone's excited for? Scalpers are gonna take advantage of that.

#14 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm pretty sure it's an alternate version, most logical being the all white version they could also release the ESB version as a SDCC exclusive and then repaint it in ROTJ colors(this is Hasbro after all they love repaints) for the main line or vice versa. It's kind of a bad decision from a business standpoint to release a popular character in limited numbers knowing that the most profit is gonna be made by scalpers in the secondary market.

#15 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Some people have said it might be a packaging variant like the SDCC Marvel Legends Thor from two years ago. If that was the case I surprised thet Fett isn't in the first wave of figures (like Thor was in ML wave 1), but he could be in wave 2. If this isn't the case it's gonna have to be some kind of figure variant. Maybe color or costume variant. Maybe a cloth cape instead of plastic or real hair for the wookie braid instead of plastic, missle firing backback? I don't know but Hasbro has more sense than to do something like that with SW. Sure people could bring up the Joe SDCC stuff, but that's apples and oranges. Joe is a small group of collectors compaired to SW which has a HUGE WORLDWIDE fanbase.

#16 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

I forgot about that Thor, wasn't the package his hammer? That had to be hard keeping mint walking around the convention, lol.. Maybe it'll be something like that, sucks for the MOC collectors, especially if it's something like his Backpack, lol.. or worse, his helmet as the package, with tiny cardboard viewfinder that gets snapped off in the massive lines of sweaty people.

#17 User is offline   SnTrooper 

• The Last Original ADC Moderator

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I had heard a rumor that this was going to be a "set". If that and this rumor are both true than I think that it will be ESB Fett with a Han in carbonite.

#18 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

thor had a different paint job too......if they do a boba they have 4 different versions they can do (holiday, concept, esb, or return).

#19 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

How is his ESB look different than his ROTJ look?

#20 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know the main differences are the gauntlets are green on one and red on the other... and the jumptsuit is different. There are other differences too, some fans will rip you a new one if you think they're the same, which is silly to me, but anyway, here's a pic I found:

http://bobafettcostu...boba_colors.jpg

On the site, it says:

http://bobafettcostu...spaces.com/ROTJ
Here are what makes the ROTJ costume unique:
  • The jump suit (gray) and gloves are a different color
  • The cape is a simple dark army green
  • The gun is different
  • The overall paint job and placement of dents are unique
  • Gauntlets are red
  • Jetpack is multi-colored
  • Missing sidearm
  • Boot Gaitors (spats)
  • Utility Belt has more pouches but no buttons
  • Left shoulder pad skull graphic is unique
  • Left red gauntlet flame thrower is unique

http://bobafettcostu...ispaces.com/ESB
Here are what makes the ESB costume unique:

• Cape is oatmeal color with an orange stripe
  • Gauntlets are green
  • Jet Pack is green
  • Overall paint job and dent placement is unique
  • Right shoulder pad skull graphic
  • Has a sidearm
  • Jumpsuit is more blue

#21 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 08 February 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

I'd say $60 on the secondary market would be optimistic. The only real attention I pay to SDCC exclusives are the GI Joes, and at 3 3/4" a lot of those have been priced at $60. A 6" Fett, from a new line that everyone's excited for? Scalpers are gonna take advantage of that.

oh I know it's optimistic.. I am saying that will be the best price for this if you can catch it at the right time, when lots of them are put up right after SDCC and collectors don't quite want to pay that much or know how high it will go

#22 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostSnTrooper, on 08 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

I had heard a rumor that this was going to be a "set". If that and this rumor are both true than I think that it will be ESB Fett with a Han in carbonite.

oh.. that makes alot of sense. sounds likely to me

#23 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I actually hope its concept or holiday to leave the regs to mass retail. I will get any of him though!
Draven

#24 User is offline   Prime2099 

• Snakeman

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well i guess i know which booth i'm going to first.

#25 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 08 February 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

some fans will rip you a new one if you think they're the same,

Yeah, I don't find that hard to believe at all.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us