TNI Forums: Assassins creed 3 figures - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assassins creed 3 figures By mc farlane????

#1 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

What the??? Mc farlane got the license for assassins creed 3 figures? I just got a mail from bbts to preorder them. I was so looking forward to neca getting it back.

#2 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postshokker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

What the??? Mc farlane got the license for assassins creed 3 figures? I just got a mail from bbts to preorder them. I was so looking forward to neca getting it back.

http://toynewsi.com/...14&itemid=19902

#3 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wow have i missed these news or did my mind scratched that out so i forgot about it very fast. Lol, it really came as a surprise to me.

#4 User is offline   Gundam Prime 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Not sure what to think of this. I was really hoping to get a Connor in the same scale as Altair and Ezio. On the other hand the article states they will be 6 inch scale. That made me think ML/DCU scale, but I think McFarlane considers their Halo figs to be 6 inch scale.

#5 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Yeah mcf seems to continue the weird articulation to. Why do they include knee articulation when you cant move his legs with these terrible cut joints. I got nearly all the neca figs but i totally skip those. Scale will allready mess it up for me. Quality has a price ubisoft. Sad you didnt consider that when you gave the license to mcf.

#6 User is offline   metalingus 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

oh no, 1st bad news of 2013 to me! Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm almost positive these will be the same scale as Halo and Walking Dead. A plus in my book, as I love the smaller figures.

#8 User is offline   lonewolf 

• Mouser

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Wow... The forums have certainly changed a lot since the last time I've been here... and not for the better...

This is crap. Absolutely terrible. It's just like Ubisoft to stab one of their biggest merchandisers in the back for some happy meal knock-offs that McFarlane has become... NECA is the best action figure company out there today. The sooner everyone realizes that, the better.

#9 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

It was a business move, pure and simple. McFarlane will produce waves of more than one character and these will be everywhere that Halo figures are. So yeah it sucks that NECA doesn't have the brand, but from the way the press release was worded it sounds like McFarlan got the rights to all the AC games and not just AC3.

#10 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Not sure how I feel about this on one hand I love the NECA AC figures but always regreted they didn't release more characters and on the other McFarlane will release more figures I just worry they turn out like the crappy walking dead ones.

#11 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree, seems like all they released was different versions of the main character for the NECA line. The other 4in. figures that came out by Game Stars(was that the name of the company, I forget), they were cool, but lacked some details here and there. I can't wait to see more of these from McFarlane. I'm actually a big fan of their 5" line, They're not too big and for certain lines, they can make vehicles, and they're not too small.

Yeah, you can't put these on a shelf next to the NECA figures, epsecially if you're a 6-7" purist... but I say make yourself a seperate shelf with some other 5" figures and put these guys on there and there ya go!

#12 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 08 February 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

I agree, seems like all they released was different versions of the main character for the NECA line. The other 4in. figures that came out by Game Stars(was that the name of the company, I forget), they were cool, but lacked some details here and there. I can't wait to see more of these from McFarlane. I'm actually a big fan of their 5" line, They're not too big and for certain lines, they can make vehicles, and they're not too small.

Yeah, you can't put these on a shelf next to the NECA figures, epsecially if you're a 6-7" purist... but I say make yourself a seperate shelf with some other 5" figures and put these guys on there and there ya go!

I liked the variety of characters released but the lack of details among other things were horrible, maybe I have developed a high standard for 4" after collecting Star Wars for so many years anyway I'm gonna remain skeptical about this new line take a wait and see approach if I like what I see I might get a figure here and there I do want a Connor figure loved the design of the outfit.

#13 User is offline   lonewolf 

• Mouser

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Honestly from the image they provided, the figure looks like a Chinese knock off. Just look at the legs... Hinged knees with what looks like swivel hips? It doesn't make any sense. Ever since the first Walking Dead figures were released, McFarlane has been dead to me... No pun intended. Look at this Daryl figure and try to tell me it's a quality figure:

http://farm8.staticf...d98196cd8_z.jpg

A sad excuse for an action figure...

And as far as character selection goes, other than the main assassin from each game what other characters do you want? Can you even name anyone else save for Da Vinci and George Washington? At least NECA made variants so fans could choose which version fit their preference.

And on a final note, just look at the price point. For around 20$ NECA gives us a 7", highly detailed figure with great articulation and accurate accessories. For only 5$ less, McFarlane gives us a figure 1/3 the size, with terrible detail and articulation. It's criminal. The only reason McFarlane gets these licenses is their seniority...

#14 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postlonewolf, on 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Honestly from the image they provided, the figure looks like a Chinese knock off. Just look at the legs... Hinged knees with what looks like swivel hips? It doesn't make any sense. Ever since the first Walking Dead figures were released, McFarlane has been dead to me... No pun intended. Look at this Daryl figure and try to tell me it's a quality figure:

And as far as character selection goes, other than the main assassin from each game what other characters do you want? Can you even name anyone else save for Da Vinci and George Washington? At least NECA made variants so fans could choose which version fit their preference.

And on a final note, just look at the price point. For around 20$ NECA gives us a 7", highly detailed figure with great articulation and accurate accessories. For only 5$ less, McFarlane gives us a figure 1/3 the size, with terrible detail and articulation. It's criminal. The only reason McFarlane gets these licenses is their seniority...

Maybe they add a running feature to it like that zombie. Lol

#15 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postlonewolf, on 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

They could release Yusuf Tazim, Cesare, Templar soldier, generic assassin(romans and ottomans), Haytham Kenway among others. Like I said I'm not exactly loving this news I'm just keeping an open mind.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us