• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney Confirms Stand-Alone Star Wars Movies

#1 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

This could be its own topic but in an effort to NOT get out of control with all the rummors that will be coming from now until forever, I'll keep it here.

YODA SPIN OFF
http://jediinsider.c...43&itemid=14514

UGH!!!

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 February 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

This could be its own topic but in an effort to NOT get out of control with all the rummors that will be coming from now until forever, I'll keep it here.

YODA SPIN OFF
UGH!!!

enough damage was done to the character by the prequels

#3 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

YODA SPIN OFF
UGH!!!

I bet all the kids will be lining up for that one while I die a little inside

#4 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

YODA SPIN OFF

UGH!!!

The story also reminded me of this:
Captain America Director Wants To Make A Boba Fett Movie

Jeremy Bulloch Talks Boba Fett: The Movie!

#5 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Milk 'er for all she's worth, boys!

#6 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I want a Boba Fett movie. I also want a Darth Maul movie.. that one might have to be PG-13 though, I want to see the dark side of Darth Maul.

#7 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

cmon, Star Wars hardcore fans...when is enough going to be enough? This is beyond excessive geekdom.

The bottom of the barrel was breached years ago...we'll be halfway to China by the time Yoda Begins hits theatres...

#8 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 05 February 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

cmon, Star Wars hardcore fans...when is enough going to be enough? This is beyond excessive geekdom.

LOL, I have no desire for any spin off movies, but you gotta admit this is getting comical. You just have to laugh.

I've talked about my contempt for Boba Fett before. This guy is a COSTUME. That's it. The other bounty hunters are nothing but set decorations and the only reason Fett is one step up from them is because he got to say a few sentences of dialogue. THIS IS THE GUY PEOPLE WANT A WHOLE MOVIE ABOUT!!!!??? (No offence Joe Rhyno :) ). You have Hollywood directors ready to do a 2 hour film for him! Extraordinary!!!!

I can understand having an episode VII and another set of 3 movies. Whether you like it or not, this franchise is a money maker and having whoever owns it lay it to rest forever is just unrealistic. But this spin off stuff......They're not even trying to hide the fact that it's all about the money.

Since that is the case, go for broke. Let's get a Wedge and Rogue Squad movie...A Top Gun in space! A bromance staring Walrus Man and Dr. Evzan! Or a quirky space gangser movie staring Biba Fortune and two wacky Gamorrean Guards! Endless possibilities, Disney. And of course, endless CASH!

#9 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Meh...I love me some Star Wars, but spin-off movies?? That's a bit much IMO. I have a bad feeling about this... (lol)

I don't know, maybe some stand-alone Old Republic films would be cool or something like that. Some stand-alone films showcasing new and unique main charaters would be alright with me. I just don't think movies with known characters would work outside of the episodes.

#10 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

If you've read the Rogue's Squardon books and comics, then HELL YES, GIVE ME A MOVIE. If you haven't, then I guess you won't get it.

Try to play it down all you like, but Boba Fett isn't just a costume anymore. Yeah, 1990, he was, but it's not 1990 anymore. There's a whole backstory in the comics, in the books, there's a bunch of non-canon books on what happens afterwards and like it or not, he's got a fan following. Heck, he was a big draw before the prequels and adding the whole Jango clone element made it even bigger.

They're not going to make all the fans happy with their decisions, but to be honest, a lof of the big fans have been crapping all over Star Wars since the prequels, so I don't blame them if they don't pay too much attention to them. It's like the Michael Bay Transformers trilogy all over again. All the complaining and they still made close to 3 billion dollars worldwide.

If you honestly feel it's going to be a bad idea, then speak with your wallet and don't go and see it. Plain and simple.

#11 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 05 February 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

If you honestly feel it's going to be a bad idea, then speak with your wallet and don't go and see it. Plain and simple.

Oh, we wont...but that tired diatribe wont stop us from trying to talk sense into others

#12 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

See, that's where I disagree with you. People have their own opinion on what's good and what's not and where you have to learn to respect their opinion. Just because they have a different one than you, doesn't mean you have to "talk sense into them"... ;)

#13 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

A Boba Fett movie would be interesting a yoda one not so much

#14 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

uh... I guess I am in the minority here.. I think more Star Wars movies would be AWESOME!

Yoda is like 900 years old.. so there is plenty of room to have a Yoda movie that wouldn't effect the originals

But there are other characters I would like to see more..

Boba Fett - mostly because we don't know jack about him and they could do alot with his bounty hunter past..

Obi-Wan - with Ewan McGreggor... I just loved his portrayal of Obi. but it would be hard to do because it would have to fit between the movies they have already done, and that would involve alot of other characters.

Chewbacca - he was already like 200 when he first met Han.. they could do some stuff from his home planet or about when he was captured and made a slave... maybe some gladiator stuff lol

Other Jedi like Ki Adi Mundi, Kit Fisto, etc

Expanded Universe characters like Dash Rendar

#15 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 05 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

See, that's where I disagree with you. People have their own opinion on what's good and what's not and where you have to learn to respect their opinion. Just because they have a different one than you, doesn't mean you have to "talk sense into them"... ;)

As long as there are "fans" out there that dispute other "fans" for being lesser "fans" for not buying into everything Star Wars...as long as there are posts "complaining about complaining"...as long as valid, negative criticisms go unacknowledged...the battle continues...

Boba Fett the movie? That's hope for an Ice Cream Maker Guy movie! (every #$### background character has some larger role to play in the Empire or Rebellion? WTF?)

seriously...a franchise that is ashamed of a time appropriate holiday special continues to barrage us with "stupid." Is it that they are afraid the Holiday Special wouldnt sell? How many millions of dollars in bootlegs have been sold since 1978?

Yes, it may be strange to view THS without knowing the context of the time, and having an appreciation for 70s variety shows...but outside of that it does no real damage to any of the characters or the overall arch of Star Wars.

Do "fans" need a disclaimer before the dvd to put it into context for you like they do with politically incorrect cartoons from the past?

#16 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

The more I think about it, the more I warm up to the idea of my Walrus Man/Dr. Evzan bromance. You may call me silly and say it's an overly ridiculous reaction to spinoff movies. But I'll bet if I went back in time and talked to a movie goer after a viewing of ROTJ and told them, "Hey, you remember that guy that flew into the pit at the beginning and the pit burped afterwards? Someday, he's gonna get his own movie" they'd look at me like I'm ridiculous too.

@propeller@

#17 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Goodbye, Stuart Freeborn...RIP.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21357301

I didnt know he was still alive...was sure seeing Yoda in AOTC killed him. Wonder if there will be a half insulting "In Memory" during Yoda Begins...

#18 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Will we find out if Yoda is related to Kermit the Frog in this new movie?

#19 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Star Wars Stand Alone's Include 'Han Solo' Movie & 'Boba Fett' Film

#20 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Okay, I think I would like to see a movie about a young Han Solo...as long as he's not a little kid. Then it would suck. (lol) Wouldn't it be cool to see how he and Chewie met? Maybe they'll show his stint in the Imperial Navy.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an Obi-Wan story that takes places between Episodes III and IV. Ewan McGreggor is still fit to play the part. Heck...even if they waited ten years or so, he'd still be about the right age. I'm beginnig to warm up to this whole "spin-off movies" idea, if it's done right that is...

#21 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I DO NOT want to see a Han Solo movie. Han was not that old at the time of Ep.4 .. so it is impossible for them to do a "young" Han movie.

They would just have to chose an actor that would be close in age to Harrison Ford at the time the originals came out.. and he would NOT be able to be Harrison Ford.. so it would not be Han Solo.

big mistake making a Han Solo movie

#22 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

You're probably right, CLAM. Any effort to replace the original actors would be a huge travesty.

#23 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

In TESB Han was 36...I go by the old Topps card line from the movie

Anyways...Like it or not Disney will make this remember there are new fans plus kids who have only seen the new trilogy and know noting about Han and company

#24 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Ashton Kutcher as "young" Han Solo.. I'm calling it!!!! Even though he's probably as old as Harrison Ford was when he filmed ANH... okay, hold on, let me rethink that...

#25 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 07 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Ashton Kutcher as "young" Han Solo.. I'm calling it!!!! Even though he's probably as old as Harrison Ford was when he filmed ANH... okay, hold on, let me rethink that...

No....Hell No!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us