TNI Forums: 2013 Joecon Night Force: Nocturnal Fire Night Force Repeater, Hit & Run & Spearhead with Max Figures Revealed - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2013 Joecon Night Force: Nocturnal Fire Night Force Repeater, Hit & Run & Spearhead with Max Figures Revealed

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

2013 Joecon Night Force: Nocturnal Fire Night Force Repeater, Hit & Run & Spearhead with Max Figures Revealed

View the full article

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hit N Run is a miss for me.. just barely. He would have been helped with his trademark camo on his arms and face.

Repeater is good. I think that mold works really well for him. They did a nice job on him.

Spearhead is another miss for me. They made him brown instead of black for some reason. And he is missing his high boots.

I like these figures.. but definitely not for 30 each. (the set costs 430 bucks)

#3 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Honor to the end."

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I get the feeling these will probably look much better in person, but so far the only ones I'm impresed with are Repeater and Psyche-Out. And...aren't Spearhead's colors his India Funskool colors? After being impressed with Psyche-Out, I had high hopes for Speahead. Oh well...

#4 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

major miss for me. It will be my first con so I'll be buying a set, the only ones I plan on keeping are Asp, Charbroil, and maybe repeater. That's sad ! then again maybe flipping them will make me most of money bank, but I'll still have to put some as a reward for a custom contest or something.

#5 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Rev I want Spearhead and Psych Out. We can work something out man!
Draven

#6 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I no longer feel bad about not getting this set. Repeater is good but spearhead and Hit & Run are both disappointing. Max is terrible. I'd rather they just included the rah version.

#7 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Don't like these half as much as the other releases, but they look good and I have to give the club a lot of credit for coming up with some great part choices. The one thing I don't like is that the Night Force guys don't really seem like they're part of the same unit, not that the originals did either. But Charbroil looks out of place with his grey and blue. He might look ok next to Muskrat, but that's about it.

#8 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

So far I'm only liking Psyche Out, Repeater, the Frag Viper, and Crimson Asp. If anyone's looking to get rid of them, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

#9 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I actually like all of them besides Charbroil's use of the crappy helmet and Hit n Run isn't Hit n run to me, lol.. he'd be a generic trooper before anything, or give him his own name.

#10 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Ahhh Joe, once I paint up ol' hit n run I dont think he will be so bad, really a little face paint and he's pretty good to go. Only one I dont like is Letal, those skinny legs and go go boots are killing me.

#11 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Are those SE legs? I agree, they look a little too super hero-ish.

#12 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think they are actually, good eye. Between those legs and the colors (I know its like the crappy original) im just not feeling him. I do dig the new saw, different enough to be cool and I really like the rest if the cobras. The Joes are always a crap shoot in these sets, but this year im seeing alot more winners than loosers.

#13 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, I agree. I'm digging the Joes more than the Cobras.

#14 User is offline   AtROSSitus 

• Andorian

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Psyche-Out, Muskrat and Repeater all look awesome!

#15 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostCLAM, on 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

I like these figures.. but definitely not for 30 each. (the set costs 430 bucks)

I always ignore the Joecon sets because they're always too expensive so I figure, why bother? But I had no idea they were THAT expensive. $430???? And look at the luke-warm reaction from everyone here. For that price, you should be blown away with excitement for each and every single figure! I mean, you got people talking about doing paint touch ups to fix things they don't like, at that price, it shouldn't be necessary!

I'm just going to go look at my vintage Night Force guys that are on the shelf in my room now. Then I'll be fine :)

#16 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostDraven79, on 26 January 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

Rev I want Spearhead and Psych Out. We can work something out man!
Draven

got spare oktober gaurd figs from last years set? That's what i plan to get out of them.

Personally i think renamed the POC Dusty spearhead is the best way to get him into your collection, he has a unique head sculpt, and has a more armored look similar to the original.

I echo the earlier comments about letal and frag's legs. I don't even like them on the upcoming "ultimate" Snake-eyes.

#17 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostCard, on 27 January 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ahhh Joe, once I paint up ol' hit n run I dont think he will be so bad, really a little face paint and he's pretty good to go. Only one I dont like is Letal, those skinny legs and go go boots are killing me.

i've thought about painting him as well, but as much as the figs are worth, i don't feel we have to. I don't making customs out of retail figs, but if i don't like something this high end, it's probably more beneficial to sale.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us