• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Princess of Power

#1 User is offline   carrowsboy 

• Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Am I the only one who likes them?

When I was a kid, I actually preferred the She-Ra cartoon to He-Man. She-Ra had Hordak, Shadow Weaver, etc... It also had a struggle going on with trying to overthrown the Horde whereas he-Man just had to fend off Skeletor week to week.

In regards to the figures, I do have to ask why we get Star Sisters and Netossa over Glimmer, Castaspella, Mermista (she rocked!), Queen Angella, Madame Razz & Broom? Heck, where is Mantenna???

I'd also like Imp...Kowl, not so much.

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I was never a fan back in the day but now I think we won't see the major She Ra characters right now because they want to to extend the line.

They by putting out all the major MOTU characters out first left them selves short I be we see them by the end of this year of the beginning of next year since Ram Man is now the last of the origional major characters

#3 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

I love the Horde but never really cared for PoP. Some of the PoP figures are just absolute crap imo.

#4 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I like POP... even the Star Sisters. Just not happy with the paint app defects that my Jewelstar came with, otherwise they are cool and colorful. I hope to see Queen Angela and glimmer very soon. Those would actually make a cool 2 pack, Mother and Daughter. Or better yet make it a 2 1/2 pack and include Lookie.

#5 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

HATE POP characters 99% of the time. Horde excluded because they were in the vintage line.
Draven

#6 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I was never a fan back in the day but now I think we won't see the major She Ra characters right now because they want to to extend the line.

They by putting out all the major MOTU characters out first left them selves short I be we see them by the end of this year of the beginning of next year since Ram Man is now the last of the origional major characters

Two bad is the last of the original major characters for me...once they do him and the horde troopers (another character people really want) things will look pretty bleak for the line. I mean I would love a Ninjor, Rio Blast and Extendar but really I dont think any of the B and C listers can keep the excitement going. And for the record aside from she-ra I could really do without another princess of power figure. Not that the sculpts are bad but the characters do nothing for me. I feel like January was a waste two years running now with the crummy Star Sisters and now Netossa. Heck I dont even care to open her up, again nice sculpt but I could care less. I know the line is classics but if Mattel really want to keep this up they need to get busy on keeping us interested. Fang man is a great start, id love some more filmation characters. I dont count the horde as PoP characters as they were in the original Masters toyline.

#7 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I really would like the filmation version of Hordak

#8 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I think fans like PoP. I know I do. I liked the She-Ra cartoon, and as the OP states, it had the rebellion angle that was really cool. It's an important part of MOTU.

I think what's happened is the release of so many unnecessary figures at the expense of other PoP or MOTU characters has made people take their anger out on PoP in general. And the vocal minority over at the .Org that has convinced Mattel all the PoP characters are unique and original and worth making doesn't help.

We needed She-Ra, Glimmer, Adora, Frosta, Angella, and Bow from the good guys. Mermista would be as far as I'd go for obscurity, but that's only because I hear her name mentioned a lot from fans, and she should have come way down the line. For the bad guys, we needed the Horde that was released in MOTU (they're MOTU, not PoP for me, too), but for females we needed Shadow Weaver, Catra, and maybe Scorpia. That's plenty of characters when you consider that MOTU is what's truly popular, not PoP.

Same goes for NA. We don't need all the characters. We just need the big guns (He-Man, Flipshot, Hydron and Skeletor, Slush Head, Flogg, and Optikk). No reason to pretend there's more interest than there actually was/is.

#9 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'm kinda neutral on the subject...I never really watched the show too much and by that time I was already several years into MOTU and was starting to have more interest in other toylines.

#10 User is offline   carrowsboy 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's a shame we were never offered a PoP sub. That way those of us that love it could sign up and get a figure per month and those who are not fans wouldn't have to be charged and stuck with something they didn't like.

All they'd need is a full year and that way we could get: Queen Angella, Glimmer, Mermista, Castaspella, Scorpia, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Seahawk, Madame Razz w/ Broom and a 3-pack of Lookee, Kowl & Imp.

#11 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Haha. That's what you think you'd get, but Matty would decide he wants to artificially stretch the lifetime of the sub by a couple years. So it would take you 3 years instead to get all of those figures. You'd get saddled with a bunch of crappy D-list characters, and oh, since POP likely couldn't acquire the minimum amount of required subs without hitching it's star to MOTUC, you'd also get 3 years of sad begging youtube videos from Neitlich & Co.

#12 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I doubt that pop is so high in demand as some believe it is. Except for she-ra and horde, i doubt the others would sell that good. I get that these figures are only available by doing a sub. Matty has a year budget for them. One figure costs 1000usd to make while another may be 800 or 1200usd. Thats why some have more accesories then others. Without the sub system characters like star sisters wouldnt have a chance. Same goes for motu characters like twistoid. Sure some love him but most dont really care for even though he was a vintage character. It isnt that easy to make less beloved characters. Look at hasbros marvel legends line. Wolverine, captain america, spider-man and iron man in every wave. For years spider-man didnt got one new villain from his huge rogue except venom and green goblin. I understand that netossa has to sell as much as two-bad does. It shows the guys in the black suits that they can move on with the line. Read toygurus comment about scareglow. The guys in suits said "really? scareglow?" He was a much demanded character by fans and yet they behaved like its the lamest one. Its a buisness and i believe it isnt easy for anyone. Toyguru has to show that he can keep motu alive but its a lot of money for us to when we get figures we dont want. I complain and make fun as any other about motuc but it isnt easy for anyone if we think about it.

#13 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostMonkey_Shuttle, on 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Haha. That's what you think you'd get, but Matty would decide he wants to artificially stretch the lifetime of the sub by a couple years. So it would take you 3 years instead to get all of those figures. You'd get saddled with a bunch of crappy D-list characters, and oh, since POP likely couldn't acquire the minimum amount of required subs without hitching it's star to MOTUC, you'd also get 3 years of sad begging youtube videos from Neitlich & Co.

Those are actually quite entertaining.@popcorn@

#14 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Like in a Schadenfreude kind of way?

#15 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Exactly.

#16 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

All this talk has made me want to buy She Ra now.

#17 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostDark Horse, on 21 January 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

All this talk has made me want to buy She Ra now.

She-Ra is one of the handful of females that I didn't mind purchasing... You do have to buy multiple versions to get the "perfect" She-Ra though...

#18 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yep as much as I don't generally like the She Ra characters, I do like her and Bow.
Draven

#19 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, Perfect She-Ra atop Swift Wind and Bow are the only non-Horde She-Ra figures I display (or even open).
Ironically, I think I often like the She-Ra show more than the MOTU one. Still don't want a standing army of female action figures, tho.

#20 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

View Postcarrowsboy, on 19 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

It's a shame we were never offered a PoP sub. That way those of us that love it could sign up and get a figure per month and those who are not fans wouldn't have to be charged and stuck with something they didn't like.

All they'd need is a full year and that way we could get: Queen Angella, Glimmer, Mermista, Castaspella, Scorpia, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Seahawk, Madame Razz w/ Broom and a 3-pack of Lookee, Kowl & Imp.

Great idea, but its unfortunate that Shadow Weaver already came out...she would have sold a sub like that alone as the sub figure. I will say while im not a big POP fan I do like some of the villans you posted. I think its the actual female heroes that turns me off POP, I just have zero connection to most of them as I only watched the show a few times as a kid.

#21 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostCard, on 21 January 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

View Postcarrowsboy, on 19 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Great idea, but its unfortunate that Shadow Weaver already came out...she would have sold a sub like that alone as the sub figure. I will say while im not a big POP fan I do like some of the villans you posted. I think its the actual female heroes that turns me off POP, I just have zero connection to most of them as I only watched the show a few times as a kid.

Thats it if there was a POP line and the Horde was there people would be all pissed because they would have to get the female figures if they got the sub

#22 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

While I haven't especially enjoyed the recent comic one-shots (Trap-Jaw's far less than the rest), I would totally be down for a Despara (Force Captain Adora).

#23 User is offline   SKYWARP 

• Decepticon Forever!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I would love to have a Force Captain Adora! I think a figure like that should be in the line way before some like the fighting foe men for example.

#24 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postcarrowsboy, on 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Am I the only one who likes them?

When I was a kid, I actually preferred the She-Ra cartoon to He-Man. She-Ra had Hordak, Shadow Weaver, etc... It also had a struggle going on with trying to overthrown the Horde whereas he-Man just had to fend off Skeletor week to week.

In regards to the figures, I do have to ask why we get Star Sisters and Netossa over Glimmer, Castaspella, Mermista (she rocked!), Queen Angella, Madame Razz & Broom? Heck, where is Mantenna???

I'd also like Imp...Kowl, not so much.

Nope I love them, I even got extras for my girls. now a days they really do good job on female figs from the head sculpt to the details on their hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us