Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toy Fair 2013 Anything new for Joe?

#1 User is offline   crazylegs311 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

With Toy Fair approaching in February, are we going to be seeing anything new for GI.Joe showcased? I feel like it's been really dry for a long time, but then again, there hasn't been a movie to support any new toy sales. Do we have any hope of the badassery of the line we knew a few years ago picking up after the dumb movie toys are released?

#2 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

i just did some snooping around and found out I can attend toy fair for free dang if i would have known earlier i would have planned it out.

#3 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I am sure that they will have a few new figures, but not much because they are already so backed up

when they got behind the Marvel Universe line, they didn't show anything new for a long time, just the same figures.. then finally they showed 3 new figures at NYCC

#4 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I can remember them saying a few months ago that they had new stuff they'd be revealing at toy fair, although you never can tell with Hasbro.

#5 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

My pessimistic side tells me we will see nothing but movie figures at toy fair, from wave one up until the final Crimson Guard/Night Viper wave that no one will see at retail because the pegs will be so clogged with wave 1, stores won't even consider ordering more.

I told you....pessimistic side.....

#6 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View Postjjlecaros, on 14 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

i just did some snooping around and found out I can attend toy fair for free dang if i would have known earlier i would have planned it out.

Toy Fair is not a paid event and as a retailer you should be able to get a general Toy Fair pass pretty easily, not that its terribly difficult even if you weren't a retailer. A general TF badge though doesn't get you into Hasbro, you would have to set up an appointment directly with them. If as a retailer you have a Hasbro account then you would likely have to go through your account rep to set that up, which that I don't know how difficult it is.

As for GIJoe I would expect Kre-O and the Retaliation stuff we already saw that was originally supposed to be out by now but was delayed and coming out in 2013. I wouldn't really expect a whole lot new beyond that.

#7 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

we might get better looks at the Red Ninja, Roadblock and Flint that they pulled from display at Joecon. I'm curious to hear if they continue to plan on release the little mini figs, seems like i've heard nothing else about them, and no one is talking about them.

#8 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I don't expect to see to much either. If we are lucky some of the updated classics like SE, Flint etc will see the light of day.
Draven

#9 User is offline   cmderinchief 

• The Mouth of Doom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

You gonna be there Jay? I will be there as a guest of some hack site.

I do know of one item I have seen from a retailer solicitation. All I will say is that it flies. Beyond that I risk getting someone in trouble. Yeah its ambiguous and yeah it may not be going out on a limb, but just wait and see.

#10 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see some really cool characters on Retaliation cards that aren't really in the movie, kind of like the TRU exclusive Quick Kick, Spirit, and Bench Press (still kicking myself for passing on that one)? They did make some rather cool figures like Ice Viper in the original movie line. Plus you never know what you may get in the way of vehicles.

I'm excited to see the Kreo stuff. I hope they show off more than what we've already seen. I also hope by the time Toy Fair rolls around I'll have these tiny little obsessions in my hands. Quick Kick comes with a Fudgee Bar! Joe Colton comes with a fuzzy head and a tiny little representation of the original 12 inch packaging! I haven't been this excited in a long time.

#11 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View Postcmderinchief, on 16 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

You gonna be there Jay? I will be there as a guest of some hack site.

I do know of one item I have seen from a retailer solicitation. All I will say is that it flies. Beyond that I risk getting someone in trouble. Yeah its ambiguous and yeah it may not be going out on a limb, but just wait and see.

Yep I will be there.

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostTommyGoth, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see some really cool characters on Retaliation cards that aren't really in the movie, kind of like the TRU exclusive Quick Kick, Spirit, and Bench Press (still kicking myself for passing on that one)? They did make some rather cool figures like Ice Viper in the original movie line. Plus you never know what you may get in the way of vehicles.

Maybe they will release some of that stuff that they already had designed from the concept case at JoeCon last year. That would be awesome

#13 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostCLAM, on 16 January 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostTommyGoth, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Maybe they will release some of that stuff that they already had designed from the concept case at JoeCon last year. That would be awesome

You mean Data Viper and Kwinn? Was that last year? They all run together on me now.

#14 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Kwinn and Data Viper were two years ago.

#15 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

The updated classic v1 Flint and v2 Snake Eyes are two I remember and really want.
Draven

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us