#1 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

This is awesome news...

http://toynewsi.com/...20&itemid=19724

View PostJayC, on 20 September 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Rocksteady & Bebop Figure reviews are up:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Rocksteady Figure Video Review & Images http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=21091

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Bebop Figure Video Review & Images http://toynewsi.com/...20&itemid=21089

This post has been edited by JoeRhyno: 20 September 2013 - 02:14 PM
Reason for edit: Added video review links

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

excellent...though let the worrying begin about finding them: where and how much?

#3 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I just hope Walmart and Target don't give the ball to the other team by refusing to carry the classic figures.

#4 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

From what I understand the new line is selling VERY WELL....like the numbers are close to matching 90's numbers....I guess stores didn't have enough over the holiday season. I guess they are upping production and supposedly the classics lines will be carried by Targets and Wal-marts now.......Every store I go into these days only has like 1-2 figures sitting on the pegs......

#5 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Oh sweet!! I do hope there will be more after these two

#6 User is offline   S4P 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostRobbieDigital, on 13 January 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

From what I understand the new line is selling VERY WELL....like the numbers are close to matching 90's numbers....I guess stores didn't have enough over the holiday season. I guess they are upping production and supposedly the classics lines will be carried by Targets and Wal-marts now.......Every store I go into these days only has like 1-2 figures sitting on the pegs......

The new line is doing incredibly well, it's sold out everywhere around my area, and from reading up on reports from other states, it seems to be the same everywhere else.

It's really cool to see the TMNT line get back on track and on it's way to hitting the popularity it had back in the 90's, they did an awesome job with the figures, and the show is IMO, the best new cartoon series out there right now.

#7 User is offline   redrum2581 

• Meister

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

though i'm not supper excited that bebop and rocksteady, i'll get them to support the line and see how far it goes

#8 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

how happy am i to be proven wrong when we get news like this.cant wait to see them and get them. i am not sure though if i get the turtles yet. i am just to much in love with the neca ones. i will look into it ones i have bebop and rocksteady in hand. i cant even preorder them because bbts doesnt deliver them outside the US. maybe if ever they show up in europe, i will get the classic figures anyway but just if i see them in hand.

#9 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I can't wait!! Give me Casey in wave 2 please too!!
Draven

#10 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostDraven79, on 16 January 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Draven

Casey is such a must have. I just hope if they come to shredder then they have the cartoon version in mind because i didnt liked the one that came out back in the day.

#11 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Man I'm still 2 Turtles shy of my pizza pahtee....I was trying like H to avoid spending on this line but I broke down and snagged up Leo (he always was my fav) last year. Then at xmas clearance here in the valley, there was a Frys Marketplace who clearanced TMNT figs for 5 bucks (but no Don or Mike on the pegs, haha you DC people remember the dons and mike show?)! The turtle cycle and skateboard were 5$ apeice too. my gf picked me up Raph (he's my number 2 as well) soo I'm slowly lookin for Mich & Donny, but w/the news I'm in for Rocksteady & Bebop! Casey Jones would be nice as well, Man I can't believe I gave away all my old turtle stuff, recently at a one of our garage sales I sold off the last of my TMNT collection, my mom had saved my Shredder Mobile, I guess it's a Caddy w/the blue chain gun mounted in the back, the wheels fold up like the Back to Future Delorean. I held it for awhile and decided against keeping it cause my batcave is overcrowded as it is.....many good memories playing w/my turtles jamming out to Iron Maiden in the back ground.....And Shokker I too didn't care for the version of Shredder back in the day and now, he looks off somehow, So maybe we'll get another version of him as well....

#12 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 16 January 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Man I'm still 2 Turtles shy of my pizza pahtee....I was trying like H to avoid spending on this line but I broke down and snagged up Leo (he always was my fav) last year. Then at xmas clearance here in the valley, there was a Frys Marketplace who clearanced TMNT figs for 5 bucks (but no Don or Mike on the pegs, haha you DC people remember the dons and mike show?)! The turtle cycle and skateboard were 5$ apeice too. my gf picked me up Raph (he's my number 2 as well) soo I'm slowly lookin for Mich & Donny, but w/the news I'm in for Rocksteady & Bebop! Casey Jones would be nice as well, Man I can't believe I gave away all my old turtle stuff, recently at a one of our garage sales I sold off the last of my TMNT collection, my mom had saved my Shredder Mobile, I guess it's a Caddy w/the blue chain gun mounted in the back, the wheels fold up like the Back to Future Delorean. I held it for awhile and decided against keeping it cause my batcave is overcrowded as it is.....many good memories playing w/my turtles jamming out to Iron Maiden in the back ground.....And Shokker I too didn't care for the version of Shredder back in the day and now, he looks off somehow, So maybe we'll get another version of him as well....

I really loved the cartoon version. Even as a kid i was always hoping for a more armored shredder. Down the road we got some shredders but i always had trouble with him. Movie super shredder was to small. When neca finally showed the perfect, they cancelled it. The new one has just to much armor for me. He is a ninja and should be able to move. I hope for a great one this time :-)

#13 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postshokker, on 16 January 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostDraven79, on 16 January 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Draven

Casey is such a must have. I just hope if they come to shredder then they have the cartoon version in mind because i didnt liked the one that came out back in the day.

A cartoon accurate Shedder is a must. I too didn't like the bare chested Shedder from 87 either. I really hope they do a better head sculpt for Bebop with the cassic figures. The snout on the original was too long.

#14 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

if all goes well, i believe the line will continue with

-shredder and casey
-krang and april
and maybe if we are very lucky
-ratking and baxter stockman

in that particular order. though my gut is telling me shredder (and MAYBE april) with be the only other addition. i could be wrong...i didnt believe they would go further than the turtles in this line. needless to say i am pleasantly suprised :D

#15 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 18 January 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

if all goes well, i believe the line will continue with

-shredder and casey
-krang and april
and maybe if we are very lucky
-ratking and baxter stockman

in that particular order. though my gut is telling me shredder (and MAYBE april) with be the only other addition. i could be wrong...i didnt believe they would go further than the turtles in this line. needless to say i am pleasantly suprised :D

I would prefer Splinter over April. I don't know how well she would sell being a girl figure in a bright yellow jumpsuit either

#16 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'd hope for Shredder and Splinter in wave 3. I never cared for the gorilla robot foot ninjas so I can do without those. Getting a Slash would be incredible for me.

#17 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Casey and April round out wave 2. Then in wave 3 have Shredder and Splinter and two others. That would help keep the line going to split casey and shredder up.
Draven

#18 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Check the front page. Freaking awesome.

#19 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...20&itemid=19844

Posted Image

My question is why aren't these two in the new cartoon?

#20 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

cool...a strange cross between realism and cartoon on the head sculpts. Im down. Bring on the Shredder! And Baxter Stockman (w/Mousers please)! And Casey! And the Rat King! Splinter! Leatherhead! Metalhead! Foot!

#21 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Meh, just not feeling them!! Neither cartoony or classic figure enough on Bebop!! It's like, where did they base this design from?? Rocksteady though, looks pretty boss!!

I so want a Rat King and Casey Jones!! Hope they don't muck 'em up!!

#22 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Because I have a lifetime pass for the short bus, I'm assuming these are the TMNT Classics that were only released at TRU and high priced comic book stores? The larger figures that I never laid eyes on or even knew what the going price was for those figs. Since I have to have my hearsay and gossip spoon-fed to me, I was mistaken thinking that the current New Turtle line from the Nick Cartoon was going to generate these for the next line. Man it woulda been nice to see these 2 remade or re-imagined for the new line, as I don't really care for the robotic fish and the wolf dog w/gigantism of the forehead......B & R look much like they did years ago, time has not been cruel to them like Krang, it was all that plastic surgery and addiction to Tanning parlours that did him in.....

#23 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not that this pic is that great but from what I am seeing I like.

#24 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I would see a profile of Bebop's head. rocksteady looks great though.

#25 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I like 'em, but to be honest, if they bring them out in the new animated show/line.. I'll get those instead.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us