TNI Forums: Matty strikes again - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matty strikes again shipping

#1 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

So to my great surprise.... not.... I got charged for two shippings today. One for my DC sub and one for my MOTU sub. Despite them being sent to the same address, using same card and same shipping method. The website even says this is an automatic combined shipment under the sub page.... not!! UGH and dealing with them is hell... I am not paying an extra $10 a month to those bozo's.. Anyone else have this happen??
Draven

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

It showed up on mine for around $65 but when I checked my online statement it read $37 and some change

#3 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

This is why I don't sub anymore... I'm even considering skiping day of sale day and going straight to the secondary market. I'd rather pay a few bucks more for the figures than deal with DR.

#4 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I thought the first month was going to have separate shipments with the correction to happen for February shipments.
...or am I thinking of what happened in 2012?

That sucks. Double sucks since shipping's gotten so ridiculous now.

#5 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

That was 2012 and others are reporting their subs are shipping together! UGH!!!
Draven

#6 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

he did it again. last month with ram man and jitsu i had to pay 31usd shipping. this month with king he-man and fang man i have to pay 46usd shipping. amazing isnt it? 15usd for a little map, lol. i am so happy that there are so manny toysites with people who have the same problems with matty because if i would tell someone all the crap that goes on at mattycolector, one wouldn't believe me.

#7 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Wow that is crummy man!
Draven

#8 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

if you have a sub then check the shipping costs because a lot of people got overcharged. well toyguru took the easy way out and says that they have nothing to do with shipping.

#9 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

These guys are thieves. Plain and simple.

#10 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Maybe we shouldn't complain so much. After all, we're lucky to even have this line. We should be thanking them. ... ... ... LOL! @joker@

#11 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I guess. Maybe the map shipping theft is another of TG's experiments?

#12 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

from TG:

"Alas shipping is not something we have much control over. Shipping is not a profit center. The exact cost of packing and shipping is something we have to pass to the consumer. I am (and have been) actively looking into alternatives and solution for the last few months and honestly it is like smashing into a wall. Their isn't much that can be done to reduce the actual cost to ship something."

"Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer."

"What you pay in shipping has everything to do with where you live, what service you use etc... Mattycollector.com does not set shipping rates. You are paying the actual cost to ship the item. We do not make profit off of shipping."

When he tries this hard to convince us that they aren't intentionally overcharging for shipping, I can't help but assume that it's a lie. Why else would he emphasize it so much in one breath?
Sorry Scott, but at this stage of the game anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of MOTUC. LOL!

#13 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I just don't believe it. I can have a huge box of items shipped from BigBad for $30 UPS. With Matty I bet it'd be over $50.

#14 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yeah its just profit making. 15usd for a freaking piece of paper? Wow amazing.

#15 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

As an example, I put 10 Jitsu in my cart at BigBad. With UPS Ground it's $15.49 (and no tax). With 10 He-Man's on Mattycollector, UPS Ground is $19.55 + tax (which would have been $23.53). Is there that much of a difference to ship something from California?

#16 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 12 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

from TG:

"Alas shipping is not something we have much control over. Shipping is not a profit center. The exact cost of packing and shipping is something we have to pass to the consumer. I am (and have been) actively looking into alternatives and solution for the last few months and honestly it is like smashing into a wall. Their isn't much that can be done to reduce the actual cost to ship something."

"Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer."

"What you pay in shipping has everything to do with where you live, what service you use etc... Mattycollector.com does not set shipping rates. You are paying the actual cost to ship the item. We do not make profit off of shipping."

When he tries this hard to convince us that they aren't intentionally overcharging for shipping, I can't help but assume that it's a lie. Why else would he emphasize it so much in one breath?
Sorry Scott, but at this stage of the game anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of MOTUC. LOL!

He must think we are ignorant...

#17 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Man how much shipping will the ffm be? 60usd?

#18 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

From TG:

"Yes, the map obviously does not weight as much as a figure. Please hang on. We're actively working on fixing this. It just might take a few days and if a correction can't be made in time for this sale we'll find a way to adjust for sub holders (such as discounting a future shipping fee to compensate if an overcharge was made on the map). But our goal is to try and fix this before shipments go out for this sale. Please just hang on and give us a few days."

Funny, this kinda contradicts what he just recently said: "Mattycollector has zero control over shipping."

#19 User is offline   Bayushi Gemma 

• Ninja Freak!!!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

As much as I love the MOTUC line I'm hoping they don't get enough subs for 2014 and end it soon with all the BULL**** they keep feeding us.

#20 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

I don't get why they can't get their shipping act together, if they're not as big as they're telling people,they shouldn't have a problem combining orders.

View PostBigBot84, on 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

As an example, I put 10 Jitsu in my cart at BigBad. With UPS Ground it's $15.49 (and no tax). With 10 He-Man's on Mattycollector, UPS Ground is $19.55 + tax (which would have been $23.53). Is there that much of a difference to ship something from California?

BBTS is in Wisconsin, depending on where you are, that seems about right, I just sent a package to Indiana and it cost me $15 and the same one to California was over $20... so seems about right.

#21 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I live in San Antonio, and I wouldn't think there'd be that much of a difference in shipping rates between California and Wisconsin. But maybe there are.

#22 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 13 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

I live in San Antonio, and I wouldn't think there'd be that much of a difference in shipping rates between California and Wisconsin. But maybe there are.

All this time I thought you were in Houston...

#23 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm a big Houston sports fan, but that's because my father is. Growing up we'd always watch the Astros and Oilers (though I didn't really know what was going on until I was older).

#24 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 12 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 12 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

from TG:

He must think we are ignorant...

More like gullible...

#25 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Lol, TG busted again for lying. You gotta love the guy. @smilepunch@

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us