Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Really miffed with Playmates with the 09 Star Trek

#1 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I am really bugged that with the poor performance the figures did we never got the Shuttle from the 09 movie those thing looked awesome.Same with the Kelvin and Nero's ship.

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I bought up alot of figures when they were clearanced to $3 and witched heads on a few the only figure I couldn't do it with was U hura

#3 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I also bought up a bunch of those on clearance. Those computers look great in my terror drome...lol.

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I don't know how much you can blame Playmates. Star Trek toys just don't sell. Period. Regardless of which company produces them. It's been proven again and again. I'm not sure I'm ever gonna take the chance on getting into another trek toy line.

#5 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hell there are movies that come out where I wonder why they are making a toy line for them

#6 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm still upset that I didn't get a "full" bridge playset, like Playmates advertised.

#7 User is offline   ExultedUnicron 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

things were worse here in the UK. The bridge playset was released, but when the figures came out here, no figures came with bridge parts at all. It made the playset pointless.

#8 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

As usual the best figures were in the 2nd wave that never was.

#9 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Star Trek isn't seen as action (or at least it hasn't been in awhile) This movie was different, but a lot of folks still of the image of the more cerebral approach by Picard. Uniforms all so work against each figure having a unique look. I do think the poor articulation etc. didn't help, but I don't think it was everything.

#10 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Honor to the end."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Hey...I wonder if we'll see anything Star Trek-related out of Hasbro in February at Toy Fair? They did snag the license to produce toys, but they implied months ago that they were only producing Kre-O toys for Star Trek. I do hope they're also doing a 3-3/4" line. It's a personal dream of mine. (lol)

#11 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

The 3&3/4 inch figures were horrible!!! Awful articulation and downright crappy likenesses!!! If Hasbro did get the license, I hope they give it a go!!! Star Wars Star Trek crossover, here we come!!!

#12 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

It's not an "if" situation. They do have it and have basically said no 4" figures are coming. But we are getting Kreo ships if your into that.

#13 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Honor to the end."

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

GPM...why must you crush my dreams? (lol)

#14 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Trust me, I have that dream too. But when Hasbro comes out and says that they aren't interested in a 4" line becuase ST in that scale basically doesn't sell, well I'm not gonna get my hopes up. But there is always the chance that Hasbro has been secretly doing it to announce at TF in Febuary.

#15 User is offline   Artistrix 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

"Hasbro will also offer robust line of roleplay toys for kids and fans to act out the intergalactic saga as well as select new figures"
http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=18294

The Select Figures may just be referring to Kre-O...but it seems more like they are planning a small line of action figures (of some sort).

#16 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostArtistrix, on 15 January 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

"Hasbro will also offer robust line of roleplay toys for kids and fans to act out the intergalactic saga as well as select new figures"
http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=18294

The Select Figures may just be referring to Kre-O...but it seems more like they are planning a small line of action figures (of some sort).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for any kind of Star Trek figures that a collector would be that interested in beyond perhaps the Kre-O. When I pressed Hasbro folk about this last year at Toy Fair they were somewhat evasive about it but basically said they weren't going to be doing any kind of standard toyline or figures collectors would like. I took that to mean we will probably see other than Kre-O maybe some kid friendly stuff like we see for Avengers. Maybe some non-articulated electronic figures or something along the lines of Galactic Heroes for younger children, though a movie titled "Into Darkness" doesn't really lend itself to appeal to young kids. They do have the license for all Star Trek so its always slightly possible they were being misleading or things could change, but especially if you look at the pattern Hasbro has been trending towards these days with other lines I really wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us