Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Got my Joe Club figures today

#1 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Came home from Christmas Eve with my family at my Parents to find the first two figures from the G.I.Joe clubs Figure Subscription Service today. Won't say which two, in case you didn't want to know, but they look good. Really liked the figure packaging and the shipping packaging. I won't be able to really mess around with them until Wednesday, but for those that dropped the cash, be on the look out for them.

PS- Merry Christmas

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I heard which two they are,and one of them is one I was thinking about getting the sub for.. the other is one I didn't want.

I look forward to seeing some pics of them next to other figures

#3 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

A quick eBay search, and you can clearly see which two it was. I, too, only want one of those. Maybe someone would be willing to trade for one of my SDCC PDD figures. There's really only one other figure I want from that subscription. I'll have to try to work another deal when it comes out.

#4 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

And honestly, I don't get the whole secrecy thing. It's not like they aren't going to get all of the figures eventually anyway. Whatever.

#5 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Got mine yesterday. The female is a bit of a let down due to a bad case of giraffe neck, but the other one is actually pretty nice. I'm surprised how much I like him because he didn't look as good to me in pictures.

#6 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Got mine a few days ago and they look good!

#7 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostCrimson Twins, on 25 December 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

And honestly, I don't get the whole secrecy thing. It's not like they aren't going to get all of the figures eventually anyway. Whatever.

yeah, it seems dumb... I don't care if the Club doesn't want folks to spill the beans...

but I think there might be some fans who do want to be surprised when they open their packages.. so there is that reason to keep it a secret

#8 User is offline   Buzzchuck KJ 

• Action Figure Animator

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

At want point are we "allowed" to talk about them. I was thinking about doing an animated review for my blog.

#9 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostBuzzchuck KJ, on 26 December 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

At want point are we "allowed" to talk about them. I was thinking about doing an animated review for my blog.

That's on you. No one can prevent you from posting anything. People still have to choose to check out your reviews. The whole surprise thing is kinda dumb to me, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask. It's not like they're going to unsubscribe you if you mention anything. And like I mentioned before, it hasn't stopped anyone from putting them all over eBay to sell for profit.

Hey guess what guys, you're going to get all the figures you subscribed to this service for. Eventually, every last one of them will make it to your mailbox. How much of a surprise do people really expect. It's going to be two of a handful of figures. Get over it.

#10 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Well I guess I give them props for at least trying to keep anything secret in the information age...

#11 User is offline   Buzzchuck KJ 

• Action Figure Animator

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have no problem keeping my mouth shut, but I don't know when they were all shipped and when they will all arrive. Each time there will be less possible figures, so the surprise will be less of a surprise. I actually wanted both of the figures I got in the same shipment, and was kid of let down getting them right away.

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

I am guessing that anyone who would come into this thread doesn't mind knowing.. I mean you wouldn't come into a thread about the figures if you were trying to be surprised

#13 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

I just hate the idea of having to pay 40 bucks to join the Joe club and then have to fork over 25 more dollars for the figures.There were some figures that looked cool but not for 25 per figure.

#14 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I think its really stupid that were are not suppose to talk about who they are @loll@ Im going to go find out and post it @loll@
Draven

#15 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

So the identities of the first 2 Club figures are Top Secret?! Gimme a break.

I was only interested in the Covergirl and Big Boa figures, but getting all the others for that much money didn't interest me at all.

#16 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostDraven79, on 29 December 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

I think its really stupid that were are not suppose to talk about who they are @loll@ Im going to go find out and post it @loll@
Draven

the club requested that you don't.. but "WE" certainly aren't stopping you.. go on ahead.. like I said, if anybody comes in here and ruins the surprise, it's their own fault

#17 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

So what does the Club say about people that didn't get the figures, but know anyway? I don't want to Jinx it, but I'm going to roll the Dice anyway.

#18 User is offline   T-Rat 

• This will never end

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

jinx is really weak, dice is okay, the secret stuff is all kind of stupid

#19 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Haven't been on here for a little due to the holidays and found it funny that no one was posting who they got in the mail. All you had to do was go to ebay......there is a ton of Jinx and Dice auctions....I've known who the 1st 2 were for awhile now....not that I was looking, I was just on ebay shopping for Joes like I usually do....saw a bunch of auctions.

#20 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Man, I can't believe that people got so worked up over the "not saying which figures shipped" thing. Sure it was easy for people to find out, I just figured that since the club hadn't announced which figures they were that I would let those that ordered and wanted to be surprised, be surprised. In the grand scheme of things I thought it was a neat little novelty that for the most part people will be surprised by which two figures show up every month (even when they can find out easily online and as we get closer to the end, we won't be surprised at all).

#21 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

If anyone wants to get rid of their JINX, i have a set of DG figures and could talk from there.

#22 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

HAHA Well crap I jinxed myself by being evil going to look and see to report. Got the flu real fast. The club has some powers! @loll@
Draven

#23 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I would love to get my hands on Dice and Big Boa. Other than that, nothing really grabbed me. I'm going to try and trade my SDCC exclusives for those two. We will see how that goes.

#24 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostDraven79, on 31 December 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

HAHA Well crap I jinxed myself by being evil going to look and see to report. Got the flu real fast. The club has some powers! @loll@
Draven

I got sick as well, but I didn't tell anybody what I got!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us