Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm now a proud father!

#1 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Little Avery Joe Sears was born on Dec 6 after 38 hours of intense labor and finally a c-section. He has had several issues but is improving in health and will be okay. I feel like i've grown up on these boards (been here over 10 years) and I know it's odd to be here and be a parent!

His name of course is loaded with references, both personal and nerdy, my granfather was named Joe and was a strong Christian man, Avery is the name of an actor whose work I admire in American history X, that promotes an end to racism, but you may know him better (and here the nerd references start) as Captian Sisko! and Avery Joe sure sounds like Average Joe, or G.I.Joe doesn't it? :)

The first thing I did with him when i got him home was hold him and watch the original Joe miniseries.

I am so excited to introduce him to all the wonderful nerd stuff I love, in hopes he too will be a nerd.

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

congrats on the son!

good name too, my nephew is Avory also (yeah, his mom wanted it spelled with an "o" )

#3 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Congratulations, my wife gave birth to a daughter about 4 months ago and it's a great feeling and like you I can't wait to introduce her to everything I love. Funny thing I have a shelf with my Marvel Legends in the room and she just stares them maybe it's the colors or something but she stares at the figures like she's hypnotized, there was a time when she was crying and I held her up near the shelf and she calmed down staring at the figures. Again congratulations many blessings to your family.

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

As I said on FB Congrats

I love it a new Toy Collector :P.... Hey Sam where is my Cigar :P

#5 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Congratulations on your new family member. The Sisko will be pleased.

#6 User is offline   Dragon66 

• Cuidado! El Pollo es Loco!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Many congrats! Being able to share your joys with your children is something you can't replace.

#7 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

There is nothing like Fatherhood...Congrats!!!

#8 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Congrats man...

#9 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Congrats.

#10 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Kool, Congratulations to you and yours Rev, it's nice to pass the gift of imagination onto the younger generations. Its the movies, books, whathaveyou like Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel & DC comics the whole "nerd" thing that opens childrens minds and hearts to endless possiblities in our universe. We are lucky & blessed to have grown up in an age that embraces lil plastic men and robots, even past the business end of it......I feel like I am a more well rounded more imaginative person who likes to read, write, tell stories and create because my mother sat me down and read me my first comic book (Ghost Rider, she was an awesome lady) and took me to see the Star Wars movies and immersed my little mind in wonder of Nerdom (which didn't have a name at the time I believe). I made myself a promise that if I ever had chillin of my own I would pass down my own "nerdom" cause other generations must keep the torch lit........

#11 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Congrats, Rev. Yo 'Joe'! ;)

#12 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Congratulations rev!! My little girl just turned two not long ago, and I just have to say...there's nothing like getting to be "Daddy". I'm probably the happiest I ever been in my entire life. There's just nothing like it.

Whenever I have my little girl with me at Toys-R-Us now, she'll point to the action figures and say, "Daddy's toys!!" (lol)

#13 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks all for the congrats! We already working on making him a nerd, my wife's baby shower from church was actually Doctor who themed! His little Tardis hat did not fit at birth, but we have a Tardis on a starry night background burp cloth and swaddler blanket !

because my mother sat me down and read me my first comic book (Ghost Rider, she was an awesome lady)

Guitar Devil, your mom was indeed an awesome lady! Of all the comics to pick, that one!

#14 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostDevilbat, on 13 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Congratulations rev!! My little girl just turned two not long ago, and I just have to say...there's nothing like getting to be "Daddy". I'm probably the happiest I ever been in my entire life. There's just nothing like it.

Whenever I have my little girl with me at Toys-R-Us now, she'll point to the action figures and say, "Daddy's toys!!" (lol)

It would be nice to have a girl one day too, but one of the Joes of having a boy, I want to share the same toys! Sure i'll keep buying some to go on my shelf, but i want to make sure he has his Joes too.

I can't wait to hear Daddy, right now all I get is cries for me to take him to mommy for food!

#15 User is offline   majik40 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I said it on FB & I'll say it again here. Congratulations, man!

#16 User is offline   RC_rika 

• Rodimus Prime

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I am following you on FB, so I saw & said Congrats, but it's so exciting! Congrats yet again! I can't wait til we have a boy of our own!! :D It's so exciting :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us