• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

http://www.enewsi.co.../190-23773.html

#2 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

We also added the Japanese trailer which has extra footage. Hope that extra footage doesn't imply what it is obviously trying to imply. You Wrath of Khan fans know what I am talking about.

#3 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I have, and always shall be, your friend.

Yup, it kind of looks like it!! But this time Spock is on the outside!!! 0_o Someone else that dies??

Cannot wait for this movie!! I'm hoping it follows other great Trilogys and it's both darker and better than the first movie!! Plus that it includes many more homages to the series!!

#4 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

I have two working theories going on now based on the Synopsis and the teaser trailer.

Theory 1: based on the trailer. The opening scene almost seems like something from a time before the Federation where there was more of a military rule going on, perhaps a flashback to when Khan was ruler???? Coming back to Earth for revenge is more fitting for Khan. The blonde I bet is Carol Marcus. The part at the end about doing anything to protect ones family might be a reference to Khan's wife (assuming in this Universe he has a wife). I could see based on the alternate timeline, Khan's ship is found by a different Federation ship where Khan is able to capture it and then comes back to Earth seeking revenge where he then encounters Kirk and the Enterprise as opposed to how it happened originally.

Theory 2: Based more on the synopsis is that Benedict Cumberbatch's character is somehow associated with Section 31 which has now gone rogue for some reason.

#5 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Is this about Gary Mitchell of Khan?

#6 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostJayC, on 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I have two working theories going on now based on the Synopsis and the teaser trailer.

Theory 1: based on the trailer. The opening scene almost seems like something from a time before the Federation where there was more of a military rule going on, perhaps a flashback to when Khan was ruler???? Coming back to Earth for revenge is more fitting for Khan. The blonde I bet is Carol Marcus. The part at the end about doing anything to protect ones family might be a reference to Khan's wife (assuming in this Universe he has a wife). I could see based on the alternate timeline, Khan's ship is found by a different Federation ship where Khan is able to capture it and then comes back to Earth seeking revenge where he then encounters Kirk and the Enterprise as opposed to how it happened originally.

Theory 2: Based more on the synopsis is that Benedict Cumberbatch's character is somehow associated with Section 31 which has now gone rogue for some reason.

That does look like a younger version of Carol Marcus plus she was in a blue science uniform and she is a scientist

#7 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

looks pretty good so far

#8 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Is this about Gary Mitchell of Khan?

We don't know who it is. Hopefully the extended preview debuting in front of IMAX screenings of the Hobbit next week will give us more details.

#9 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

A freind of mine posted this on FB if this is Gary Mitchel could the blonde be the Sally Kellerman character?

http://i.imgur.com/G033d.jpg

#10 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

As much as I would live to see Kahn, I don't see it in Cumberbatch!! I'd rather someone else play Kahn!! However, will we see a glimpse of Kahn in this movie, for a returning role later on??

#11 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

the Sally Kellerman character is certainly a possibility for the blonde if you put credence in to the Gary Mitchel rumors as being the villain. My money is still more on Khan at this point and actually thought Cumberbatch's voice in the teaser was quit fitting for a young Khan. I can't wait for the extended preview next week in front of the Hobbit movie.

#12 User is offline   lazrod 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

I must admit it had not occurred to me that the villain could be Gary Mitchell. I thought it was probably going to be Khan, but the actor playing the role does remind me much more of Gary Mitchell than Khan. Also there seems to be an implied prior Starfleet relationship with Kirk.

But my question is why does the mutated "god-like" Gary need starships to cause havoc? Unless Gary doesn't mutate in this version and he just wants revenge on Kirk for some perceived betrayal, like abandoning him on a barren, desolate planet.

The pretty blond could easily be Carol Marcus or Dr. Elizabeth Dehner (Sally Kellerman), depending on who the villian is, they could even get creative and have Carol being involved with Gary Mitchell, maybe a love triangle with Kirk.
Bottom line is the trailer looks very promising. Hopefully the movie will live up to it.

#13 User is offline   lazrod 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 06 December 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

A freind of mine posted this on FB if this is Gary Mitchel could the blonde be the Sally Kellerman character?

http://i.imgur.com/G033d.jpg

After seeing those pics it sure seems like they are going for the Sally Kellerman look. That's fine with me I liked that episode a lot and would love to see a new, modern take on it.

#14 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostJayC, on 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'd be very surprised if it was this since Section 31 came out of DS9 and it seems like that corner of the ST universe is all but forgotten.

I need to see the death of Spock retold about as much as I need to see another superhero film retell an origin story. Please, everyone, just come up with something new instead of using the crutch of rehashing things that have worked before because you don't have any new ideas!!! I digress. I'm not going to get too hung up on that at this point because that image could very well be a tease. In the actual movie, but having to do with a completely different circumstance (I hope).

Was looking forward to this movie before and I still am.

#15 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I don't think Spock is dying in this one...unless of course its the old Spock who dies.

#16 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

This is what a trailer should be. It make you wonder about the movie while wanting to go see it. I can't wait to see the nine minutes of this in front of the IMAX Hobbit this weekend.

#17 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 10 December 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

This is what a trailer should be. It make you wonder about the movie while wanting to go see it. I can't wait to see the nine minutes of this in front of the IMAX Hobbit this weekend.

A new clue revealed????

http://www.enewsi.co.../190-23788.html

#18 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

http://m.yahoo.com/w...=en&.tsrc=yahoo

Those who go see it, please post what's up!! Cause I want to hear how that quote plays out!!

"the needs of the many outweighs the need of the one"

#19 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm looking forward to this coming out!

#20 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

SPOILERS - Based on the 9 minute IMAX preview it turns out the blonde is Carol Marcus.

#21 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostJayC, on 13 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

SPOILERS - Based on the 9 minute IMAX preview it turns out the blonde is Carol Marcus.

She does remind me of a younger version from the one we seen before

#22 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I do love that they've been covering up this villians identity very well. Not easy to do with every nerd plugged into the internet 24 7. I get ST info on facebook and I was just scrolling through a conversation of geeks literally guessing back and forth between "Khan" and "Gary Mitchell", each one completely convinced they're right. Fun stuff! Really looking forward to this one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us