TNI Forums: What one figure would you like in Modern form? - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What one figure would you like in Modern form?

#1 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I've been looking through my collection and online and got to thinking about figures I would still like to have but haven't got in the Modern figure format (ie 25th on forward). But before I see what others think, I have one rule for others to follow: The character cannot have been made in the modern era, so if the CLub offered it as an exclusive or Hasbro did, then it still counts as having got a figure.

The big one for me is the Hydro Viper. I just really loved that figure as a child. I always had a special place for the underwater Joes and Cobra's, but that one just stood out. The mask/helmet was so cool looking, not to mention the webbed hand and flippers. The fact that he was somewhat monsterous looking made hime cool and I loved the file card.

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

first one that comes to my mind is Muskrat... I always liked him when I was a kid..

#3 User is offline   T-Rat 

• This will never end

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

muskrat

#4 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Honor to the end."

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I would have a hard time choosing just one, because I was always hoping Hasbro would do a modern Night Force in the 30th Anniversary style. It would have to be one of them. I always liked how the Night Force versions of some characters, like Psyche Out and Sneak Peek, had more toned-down, more traditional military colors, as opposed to their brighter original ones. I only owned one Night Force figure back in the day, and it was Crazy Legs, and even he was second-hand. Geeze I wanted them so badly...

#5 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Just one, eh??

I would love to see the other 2 Vipers from the 1989 year re-done!!! That was a good year for Cobra!! H.E.A.T Viper and Frag Viper!!! Both very cool and unique Cobra troops that deservedly need an update!!!

I mean come on, a huge missle launcher, bright colors on the H.E.A.T Viper, and wicked cool Jai-Alai cesta type launcher on the Frag Viper!! I mean the ingenuity of Hasnro designers back then think of that, is nothing short of awesome!!! They could of just used a standard grenade launcher, no they went the extra mile!!

#6 User is offline   majik40 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Man, it's tough to think of just one, but I'd have to go with Salvo. He was always a favorite of mine. A close runner-up would Metal-Head.

#7 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

This might sound strange but I'd really like to get an updated Raptor.

#8 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm liking everybody's picks so far, but my oddball #1 choice would be an update of The Fridge mail-in from way back when.

I am sure I'll be the only one who likes that idea :D

#9 User is offline   jasonh 

• Victor

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm going with Fast-Draw. I always liked him when I was a kid.

#10 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postslao, on 06 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I'm liking everybody's picks so far, but my oddball #1 choice would be an update of The Fridge mail-in from way back when.

no no, I was thinking the Fridge too just for the fun of nostalgia, one of my friends had him way back when. I was so jealous, he was the friend that always had the extras, like Sgt Slaughter. They redid the Steel Brigade which I totally dig, I have a small squad of SB's they just need Fridge to lead the crew w/his giant iron football mace......

#11 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Lightfoot or Spearhead. They don't need to be exact copies of the originals either.

#12 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 06 December 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

View Postslao, on 06 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

no no, I was thinking the Fridge too just for the fun of nostalgia, one of my friends had him way back when. I was so jealous, he was the friend that always had the extras, like Sgt Slaughter. They redid the Steel Brigade which I totally dig, I have a small squad of SB's they just need Fridge to lead the crew w/his giant iron football mace......

Oh yeah, he needs that awesome football mace for sure, glad to see I'm not the only one who wants The Fridge.

#13 User is offline   Flounnderr 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Golobulus, I think its time to fill out Cobra La

#14 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

This is tough cause so many of my wants have been done but done poorly by the club or Hasbro (Gung-ho, cutter, barrel roll etc.) and others that I want remade i have made customs off.

I'm going to go with Dodger, as i think he could be made to fit right in with POC type figs.

#15 User is offline   Valdin 

• Stratos

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hey guys! I really liked the character design that ddp did and would like to see their (modernish) variations of Zandar, Serpentor, Zartan (a full chameleon would be nice as a bonus) and storm shadow. I agree about golobulous and metal-head. as far as updates I would like to see croc master II from VVV to 25th. For vehicles and drivers I love the SHARC and Deep Six, I would love to see a revamped version or bigger more accurate version. I think an out of that giant suit version of deep six would be cool too. maybe a more poseable suit and something you could open like a mech suit. sorry i am not on more

#16 User is offline   CaptainPowerWasher 

• Mouser

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Crystal Ball

#17 User is offline   Valdin 

• Stratos

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Awesome choice!

View PostCaptainPowerWasher, on 18 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Crystal Ball

#18 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

For me I'd like to see Topside.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us