TNI Forums: Young and old Prof. X and Magneto in next X-Men movie - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Young and old Prof. X and Magneto in next X-Men movie What do ya think?

#1 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

http://enewsi.com/ne...90&itemid=23724

At the risk of starting another thread of belly aching about continuity gaps and all-black costumes....

At the very least, I think all the X-movies have done a good job of capturing the Xavier/Magneto relationship. Personally, I love Patrick Stewart as Prof X and Ian McKellan as Magneto. If they're in, I really don't care what continuity the story follows. And now Jackman is in talks to be in Days of Future Past as well, which is another plus.

What do you think?

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

sound like too much to cram into one movie...that or it will be too long and feel like a chore (Avengers)

yeah! Ian Magneto! liked him so much better than Fassbender Blandneto

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I rather like the Fasbender Magneto, I thought he was a scene stealer.

In fact, I feel the Prof X, Magneto, and Wolverine are the three rolls that have had the best casting throughout the X-Men series. I could see other people playing guys like Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm, but I wouldn't want to recast Prof, Mags, or Wolvie.

Now, of course, Professor X's body (if not his mind) was blown to bits in the Ratner movie, so how Patric Stewart is still around will be interesting to see. Maybe Singer will just kind of ignore X3 the way he ignored Superman III and IV. Would that be such a bad thing?

#4 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I also like Fassbender Magneto, in my opinion he did more with the character in one movie than Ian Mckellen did in 3 movies, McKellen is a great Gandalf, not so good Magneto, although I blame mostly the script and directors. As for the X-men movies they were good not great especially the sequels, with the exception of Patrick Stewart they were miscast. I too worry they are trying to cover too much ground and are using a popular storyline just because. Hopefully they learned from the Avengers on how to make a superhero team movie, unfortunately they are still using that too tall for the role, chick flick actor for Wolverine.

#5 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

sounds a little too ambitious for one movie

#6 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostBelmont13, on 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

unfortunately they are still using that too tall for the role, chick flick actor for Wolverine.

Hey, he was Wolverine before he was in any of those chick flicks :) Yeah, he's taller than Logan, but he nails it in every other way.

The problem with the X-Men movies is that you almost have to go to the past or the future now. Why? Because they saw fit to either kill off or depower all your interesting characters in X3. Wow, maybe that movie should be ignored from here on out. Do that, and you're suddenly free to use Cyclops, Jean Grey, Prof X, Magneto, and Rogue again.

#7 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Reboot the current continuity!!!

#8 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostLady Jaye, on 08 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Reboot the current continuity!!!

I would be ok with that.

#9 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

unfortunately they are still using that too tall for the role, chick flick actor for Wolverine.

Hey, he was Wolverine before he was in any of those chick flicks :) Yeah, he's taller than Logan, but he nails it in every other way.

The problem with the X-Men movies is that you almost have to go to the past or the future now. Why? Because they saw fit to either kill off or depower all your interesting characters in X3. Wow, maybe that movie should be ignored from here on out. Do that, and you're suddenly free to use Cyclops, Jean Grey, Prof X, Magneto, and Rogue again.

Or just use that old comic book stand by:alternate timeline.

#10 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

It's a little like a school reunion where only the people you didn't like show up.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  storm.jpg (77.31K)
    Number of downloads: 17

#11 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Ellen Page is back as shadow cat too

http://movies.yahoo....-143223974.html

#12 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I was one of those people who stood around going "Yay, now you need to do Days of Future Past" when the original X-Men came out. As such, I'm thrilled they finally got around to it, and even moreso they found a way to tie in both X-Men and Fist Class.

I just wish they had found a way to bring back Cyclops and Jean. I don't know if I can sit through a movie where they are out but Storm is in.

#13 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postmako, on 06 May 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

I just wish they had found a way to bring back Cyclops and Jean. I don't know if I can sit through a movie where they are out but Storm is in.

I'm still hoping that happens. I want to see Cyke done justice a movie.

#14 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

personally, I haven't enjoyed any of the X-men movies so far. first class was a fun movie, but it was not true to the material and thus not an "X-men" movie in my eyes.

I don't have very high hopes for the Days of Future Past movie either. I am 99% sure that I won't see it in the theaters, just based on how they have handled all the other Xmen movies.

it kinda looks like the new Wolverine movie might be the best of all of the X-men franchise films .

#15 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Here's the Sentinel

http://movies.yahoo....-003131348.html

#16 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Singer in then I am out...

#17 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

The only good things about singers's xmen movies are Jackman, Stuart ,McKellan, and the young Professor x and young Magneto. I would love it if singer and his screen writers never touched another superhero movie I can't Wait till marvel gets back Spiderman , Fantastic Four, and Xmen (it will probably be like 15 years) "Days of future past" is a complex story arch so I think that it will resemble very little to the comic and is called that because the name sounds cool. I'll watch it on redbox or free VOD just like I watched the new spiderman and xmen first class.

I'm so happy that Marvel has control of its other properties because even though they are not perfect (even the comics aren't perfect ) but having the source make movies is the best it's gonna get. Much better than Hollywood types that have no clue and won't allow comics on set. lol

#18 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 02 August 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Singer in then I am out...

lol I could have not said it better myself. His recent stuff isn't to good either. and I personally think one of his screen writers killed the tv show Alphas.

#19 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 02 August 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Looks ok but I like the wolverine origins game version it looked real and had more machinery to it. I'm sure it the movie it will be bigger and polished with CG.

#20 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Is that a heater duct on the front of him?

#21 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 05 August 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Is that a heater duct on the front of him?

Practically I would guess that it's a giant fan that assists them in flying horizontally.

Sarcastically I would guess the designers added it maliciously because they knew it was not a design element of the very first Sentinel ever to appear on paper and that alone would be enough to send Purists into a tizzy.

@propeller@

#22 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

It looks like something out of a Mega Man game.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us