Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Get to Walgreens pursuit of cobra toys

#1 User is offline   crazylegs311 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

I hit up a couple walgreens and a CVS (wabash/Huntington IN) and found a lot of good stuff. I picked up a Jungle BAT, two Steel Brigade troopers, and a Blowtorch. They also had Cobra Troopers, General Hawks, and some black deco Paratroopers. The price isnt good(10 dollars +), but if youre like me and have been missing your Joe fix,or you have holes in your collection check.out your local CVS and Walgreens.

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

dang.. sounds like the wave that I was never able to find.

I definitely need that General Hawk

#3 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

The Walgreen around me either have a couple old POC figures or they have cleared out Joe from the aisle. I do feel pretty good though about the future here where I le=ive. They Just opened up a Marshal's, two Ross' and are getting ready to open several CVS.

#4 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

One Wallgreens near me had 6 General Hawks and about a total of 50 figures. There were mostly on an endcap. The Hawk's flew out of the store even at $10.
Draven

#5 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I grabbed a Hawk recently at a walgreens. Despite the head it dstill doesn't look like Hawk to me, i think with a head swap and maybe more grey paint i will repurpose him as Mainframe. (in poc style)

#6 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yeah I agree I passed and passed on Hawk way back when even at $4 at Walmart because he did not look Hawk like at all. I caved this time though and he is a great fig but not Hawk. I think Mainframe would be a good use for him.
Draven

#7 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Same with me.I saw Hawk back in 2010 and just passed him by.He's really a cool figure.

#8 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I honestly didn't even know that this Gen. Hawk figure existed until recently. Yet, after browsing the archives on YoJoe.com, I actually really like the look of this figure. I'm now on the hunt for him, but I too think he looks more like Mainframe.

#9 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have to agree with the OP, found a Hawk at wallgreens last week, sold him to Guitar Devil. Guys on the yojoe forum are finding Jungle BATS at Wallgreens too.

As for the down side of them being $10, that's also true of TRU and Target. At least with POC you're paying $10 for a figure with weapons, full articualtion and a file card. As opposed to Retaliation figures that give you one weapon, cheep plastic, less articulation, no file card, and maybe a hand that's completely useless.

#10 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

I went to two of them today.. saw a blue Cobra Trooper that I don't need... and a Blowtorch that I wanted, but couldn't justify paying 11 bucks for him when I already have the original

#11 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

If it was the alt paint scheme Blowtorch i'd snag in a heart beat, I never understood including that blow torch as it was. Hasbro has said they were indeed produced, but no one believes them at this point right? Wouldn't it be a crazy shock for them to start popping up though?

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postrevsears, on 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

If it was the alt paint scheme Blowtorch i'd snag in a heart beat, I never understood including that blow torch as it was. Hasbro has said they were indeed produced, but no one believes them at this point right? Wouldn't it be a crazy shock for them to start popping up though?

yeah... that regular blowtorch was such a waste of a spot

#13 User is offline   falcon7 

• Reverse Flash

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up on these figures. Iwas able to pick up 3 Gen Hawks. The gear is pretty cool and they will work good wiwth some head swaps for a strike team.

#14 User is offline   crazylegs311 

• Andorian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

No problem. I think these things are going quickly from what Ive seen. And though most people dont toy shop at walgreens for christmas, they will probably go faster the closer it gets to the holidays. Especially since you cant find Joes in Walmart anymore.

#15 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Made a stop at one yesterday. Good news is they had a buy one get one 50% off sign. Bad news is they only had a lone Renegades Ripcord.

Not all Wallgreens are POC havens yet....

#16 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 18 November 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Made a stop at one yesterday. Good news is they had a buy one get one 50% off sign. Bad news is they only had a lone Renegades Ripcord.

Not all Wallgreens are POC havens yet....

at both stores I went to they only had 1 Joe figure.. weak... but they had plenty of their other toys

#17 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

So what formerly rare POCs has everyone found?

Myself, I've seen Hawk, Jungle BAT, CC, Blowtorch, Steel Brigade, and Cobra Trooper. Has anyone seen Temple Guard SE? I have yet to see him or money case Destro.

#18 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Seems like it's just the third wave from POC. Destro was second wave and temple SE was fourth.

#19 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I have only seen this at 3 different stores:

1. blue Cobra Trooper

2. Blowtorch

3. Blowtorch and Steel Brigade

I passed on them all.. been looking for Gen Hawk mostly, maybe a jungle Bat

#20 User is offline   AtROSSitus 

• Andorian

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have picked up a few Steel Brigades, a Shock Trooper, Techno-Viper and the one Jungle B.A.T. I have seen. Still looking for a Gen. Hawk (BADLY!). Lately at the 'greens I have seen a few Cobra Troops, Cobra Commander w/cape, an Alley Viper, Skydive, Sci-Fi, a TON of Ripcords and Blowtorches.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us