• Energon hunter
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

why can't they do preorders with motu :S good old beggor

#3 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I got 2 pre orders. Its a good price considering custom toys of thease figs went for about 130$ each. Oh come on guys , you guys are gonna talk trash about this?, its a just a preorder lol

#4 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hmm.. am I willing to buy one figure I don't want to get one figure I do.

#5 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

I agree with what you're saying Grunt, but his pitch is kind of weird. Lots of toylines have figures that were sculpted but never make it to production. But now they have this "opportunity" to sell you figures at twice retail price. Low production run is why, ok, whatever. I do think though that it's cool that they're making an effort to get figures of these characters to people, even if it is at boutique or custom prices.

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Baxter Stockman

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

No dice, Nutlick...might have paid $40 for em

#7 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

This is ridiculous on mattel's part. I love his commentary on superbly, "this is the outfit he wears 90% of the time". No kidding. Maybe you morons should have led with that one. Saying that I am still going to bite on this. I only paid 10 bucks for all the others and with figures costing close to $20 now. I will bite the bullet and then be done with mattel.

#8 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

He mentioned how retailers didn't have interest in the YJ line. Maybe had they not been priced $20 per figure forcing them do deep mark downs in order to sell any.....Yeah, if I were a retailer, I don't think I'd have ordered anymore either.

#9 User is offline   EvilStar 

• Battle Droid

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I thought these things were outrageously priced when they were at twenty bucks each WITH bases.

#10 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I think its to much for me anyway. I would have considered $40. I just don't care enough for YJ.
Draven

#11 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm still on the fence with these...the only reason I would bite on this is because I have all the rest of them.

#12 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Considering how retailers can discount them for $10 and still make a profit. There's a $30 profit for Mattel there.
Will I bite it and spend $50 on just 2 figures with no base? Hell No!

#13 User is offline   Sniper1 

• Mouser

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostCloud, on 10 August 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Considering how retailers can discount them for $10 and still make a profit. There's a $30 profit for Mattel there.

Working in retail I can tell you thats not necessarily true. 90% Of the items we clearance we loose money on (at my job anyways). Some items the MFG will take back for a partial credit but most items are just lost money. Usually it's more profitable to take a small loss on the old product (to get different salable things out) then to leave the old non selling things there.

However I do agree with you about Mattel, they have been fleecing me for awhile now...

#14 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Today is the last day to order this set. I sure hope it goes through

#15 User is offline   Flounnderr 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostSniper1, on 11 August 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Working in retail I can tell you thats not necessarily true. 90% Of the items we clearance we loose money on (at my job anyways). Some items the MFG will take back for a partial credit but most items are just lost money. Usually it's more profitable to take a small loss on the old product (to get different salable things out) then to leave the old non selling things there.

However I do agree with you about Mattel, they have been fleecing me for awhile now...

Im not going to defend mattels price at all, but they do have to pay for storage and crew to ship and pack these items instead of just shipping them off to brick and mortar stores.

If they can do it for $20 i can't imaging a 2 pack being $50, they' should've cut it at 30.

#16 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

And I still haven't decided to get these...

#17 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I am thinking these are not going through after what I just read on FB.
Draven

#18 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostDraven79, on 14 August 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

I am thinking these are not going through after what I just read on FB.
Draven

What did you read?

#19 User is offline   Sniper1 

• Mouser

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Looks like they extended the deadline. Till 8/31, must not have gotten the results they wanted.

#20 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostSniper1, on 14 August 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Looks like they extended the deadline. Till 8/31, must not have gotten the results they wanted.

According to the meter its not even half way... $40 would have been a fair price...

#21 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

The meter is so low.... I am not sure this will get the surge it needs. That is what I read on FB the extention and saw the meter.
Draven

#22 User is offline   Sniper1 

• Mouser

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

This is one of those things that I would like to have but I'm not sure. For the figures sans bases its kinda expensive. Although the other YJ figures cost a bit at least they had bases and since I found all but Batman in stores I didn't have to worry about shipping.

However when you tack shipping on-top of the existing kinda high price it makes it a pass for many people. I want the figures, but I am growing tired of Mattel's shenanigans.

#23 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostSniper1, on 11 August 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Thanks for the insight. Still, the way I see it, Mattel profits more when they sell their toys directly and not through retail.
I just can't justify the high price tag. Perhaps the Mattel execs are willing to take a cut? Oh, also try to cancel some toy lines that's not too appealing like the Evergreen Batman series.

#24 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postgruntcast, on 09 August 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I got 2 pre orders. Its a good price considering custom toys of thease figs went for about 130$ each. Oh come on guys , you guys are gonna talk trash about this?, its a just a preorder lol

So basically, what we're getting are two figures with no accessories, or bases. Basically, what you'd get if you bought them loose off Ebay. Yeah, fifty bucks plus shipping is a good price. :rolleyes:

Try shaving off about thirty bucks, and half the shipping. Then we'll talk.

#25 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Does anybody know why these are still up for preorder on Matty? I thought this was supposed to end on 8/31.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us