Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

I made this video of my figures.

#2 User is offline   thisweaksname 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

The infamous Donatello goofy eyes.

Ughh...

Sweet figures but his eyes are really driving me crazy.

#3 User is offline   iacon45 

• Mouser

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Wow, I thought Leo's were bad. I can live with his but not on Donatello. Are they all like that or are there some in the mix with normal looking eyes?

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postiacon45, on 05 August 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Wow, I thought Leo's were bad. I can live with his but not on Donatello. Are they all like that or are there some in the mix with normal looking eyes?

You have to look ..I didn't I just grabbed it

#5 User is offline   RockthePlank 

• DreadPiratePolar

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

I ordered mine off amazon, so I didn't have a choice. The rest of my turtles eyes look fine, but Donny is just so walleyed. I still havent done it, but I am planning on repainting the eyes white for all four turtles. TMNT figures shouldnt have pupils, but that is just my opinion.

#6 User is offline   iacon45 

• Mouser

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Classics Raphael $14.97 @ Walmart.com

Looks like ordering them online like at BBTS is the way to go. I paid $15.99 for mine at a collector shop so I figured retail would have been quite a bit less.

#7 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postiacon45, on 06 August 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Classics Raphael $14.97 @ Walmart.com

Looks like ordering them online like at BBTS is the way to go. I paid $15.99 for mine at a collector shop so I figured retail would have been quite a bit less.

I would rather pay the dollar more to get them at store level then pay for S&H

#8 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Carnage

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Besides comic stores.Have these been found at retail?I have only seen the figures based on the cartoon.

#9 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

I found them at TRU.

#10 User is offline   TheLegoJoker 

• minivenom

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

None at the TRUs around here yet. I've purchased all of the 4" Nick Turtles and I'm really eagerly anticipating the Classics.

#11 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Saw these guys online a months back and thought they were okay , but in store they looked better and out of box even more. Got them at TRU for 16.99 as bout as much as DCU or Marvel Legends. They are great, Playmates even said that if these sell good and make enough profit that they will make others (oh o, looks like another company is using scare tactics to bully fans into buying stuff and holding other waves hostage, just like bandai, we know you're just waiting for all the thudercats peg warmers to sell before you release anymore 8inch classics, ... @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ I kid, I kid,) but hopefully they make Casey Jones he's my favorite character in TMNT other than Michelangelo. Some guy made this pretty good Casey Jones movie on you tube,. The only negatives is the QC makes it hard to find a fig that does not have a large space between the face and mask, also my elbow joints are loose but the finger joint (most important joint in this case) are tight and perfect. No problems holding weapons.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   MikePrime 

• Cardassian

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Will TMNT Classics be this year's Thundercats Classics? I think so. I'm ready to buy all of the characters they can make, but that's not going to happen.

#13 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I just ordered all 4 from Walmart for 14.99 with free site to store shipping. Really excited to get them

#14 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I ordered Ralph and Don to complete my set. My Mike and Leo have no issues holding their weapons! I love these guys! Hope we get more!!
Draven

#15 User is offline   RockthePlank 

• DreadPiratePolar

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostMikePrime, on 15 August 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Will TMNT Classics be this year's Thundercats Classics? I think so. I'm ready to buy all of the characters they can make, but that's not going to happen.

I'm hoping not, I guess it probably depends on how successful the cartoon is going to be. Who wouldn't love BeeBop and Rocksteady? Shredder? "Fly" Baxter Stockman? All great! Problem is that this isn't really enough mass-appeal to buy the figures beyond the first four turtles. I know people like us, who come to message boards and talk about it, are totally down for buying the extra guys, but I don't think there is enough interest to mass release anyone else. I just guess I'm thinking I wouldn't want playmates to have a huge stock of them and then just get sour on the figures like Bandia did with TC.

Again, I am 100% for buying any and all TMNTC figures they make, realistically I am not expecting much. My inner child is still too sad about TC to get his hopes up.

#16 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostMikePrime, on 15 August 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

well at least they've released the four turtles. TCats only got as far as Lion-O and Tygra, leaving Panthro, Cheetara, and the Wily's in the dust...not even a flippin Snarf which should've been included with Lion-O. it's like bandai fell asleep in the middle of production.

#17 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Bandai seemed to approach the model like their Japanese counterpart. Usually they'll introduce two characters in a line. If they sell well, they'll continue. If not, at least they did two.

#18 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

I really want a shredder too. If we got a toon Shredder, Splinter, Casey Jones, and a foot soldier I would be estatic. Are there other figures I want (beebop & rocksteady)? Yeah, but if I got all of those I would be content. A Usagi Jimbo would be my ultimate grail. I love that character

#19 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

I hope we see a super poseable Usagi figure some day.

#20 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 17 August 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

I hope we see a super poseable Usagi figure some day.

right, how awesome would that be. He and Rocketeer iconic characters that I would love to have figures of

#21 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Really want a Casey Jones fig, heres The you tube Casey jones movie i Was talking about, much better than a lot of full feature b movies ive seen
https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

#22 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

i may be wrong but i doubt this will go on. to me this seems to be a one time thing. you get the 4 guys and thats it. i see that they are really tall. do you guys believe they will do a shredder or casey that are taller then these awesome turtles?? i dont know, i hope for everyone but i doubt it.

#23 User is online   mako 

• Captain Cold

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

View Postshokker, on 18 August 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

i may be wrong but i doubt this will go on. to me this seems to be a one time thing. you get the 4 guys and thats it. i see that they are really tall. do you guys believe they will do a shredder or casey that are taller then these awesome turtles?? i dont know, i hope for everyone but i doubt it.

Personally, I don't think Playmates ever intended to make any non-Turtle characters in the Classics line. Sure they made vague mention of making figures from other series/movies if the line was successful, but never did they mention any other characters. Which is sad, but makes since. Turtles are like the old Power Ranger figures. The bodies are all identicle, all you need is a new head and some accessories. Four figures, one buck.

On the same token, for a mid-size company like Playmates, tooling multiple super-articulated bucks for figures of April, Casey, Shredder, Splinter, etc. would be an almost impossible undertaking. Especially with the Classics being a sub-line.

#24 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

these are in stock at walmart with free site to store shipping. Only 14.97 http://www.walmart.c...ntlyViewedItems

#25 User is offline   BigBot84 

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I think we all know Playmates won't go beyond the four brothers, but it is fun to speculate on who we would want them to continue with.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us