TNI Forums: New Figures from Nickolodean show - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Figures from Nickolodean show Cool Figures!

#1 User is offline   Joker08 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 16-March 08

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Last week I noticed that the Toys R Us website had new turtle figures in stock. I quickly placed an order getting Shredder, Kraang, Donatello, and Leonardo before the rest went out of stock. I got them in the mail on Friday. These figures are definitely the best ones I've seen in a looooooong time. Since receiving them, TRU.com has them completely off the site. Hopefully they'll be back up soon. Would really like to get Splinter, Raph, and Mikey!

#2 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

  • Boba Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,978
  • Joined: 25-December 03

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Suprised TRU.com accaully had them.Sense they aren't suppose to be out until July.

#3 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,839
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

that was probably a mistake. if i remember corectly, they're not suppose to be for resale until the August timeframe.

#4 User is offline   Forcehunter 

  • Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,447
  • Joined: 04-April 02

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Pics! I want to see the articulation on Shredder. PICS PLAX! For the love of God please post pics!

#5 User is offline   Joker08 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 16-March 08

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Attached File  100_7888.JPG (1.35MB)
Number of downloads: 88Attached File  100_7885.JPG (1.5MB)
Number of downloads: 94Attached File  100_7884.JPG (1.23MB)
Number of downloads: 66Attached File  100_7882.JPG (1.31MB)
Number of downloads: 56Attached File  100_7881.JPG (1.3MB)
Number of downloads: 53Attached File  100_7880.JPG (1.59MB)
Number of downloads: 56Attached File  100_7879.JPG (1.67MB)
Number of downloads: 48

View PostForcehunter, on 19 June 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Pics! I want to see the articulation on Shredder. PICS PLAX! For the love of God please post pics!


#6 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

  • Boba Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,978
  • Joined: 25-December 03

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Well,someone screwed up at TRU.com.I noticed the listing a no longer on TRU.com.

#7 User is offline   Cloud 

  • Jango Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 11-May 03

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Too bad Playmates had to cheap out on the paint. The prototype samples looked amazing!
The sculpts for the new series is good and the actual toys do not look bad. I hope they will be available in Canada.

#8 User is offline   Forcehunter 

  • Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,447
  • Joined: 04-April 02

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

Nice! Thanks Joker. Does Shredder have articulation at the feet? How is his pose-ability?

Now, the only thing that irks me is this heavily stylized design (over-proportioned gautlets, massive bulky chest) i don't get why they have to go crazy with that. I have to debate if I will pick up this series or hope that Playmates continues on with their TMNT classics and get to Shredder and the Foot. They better show stuff at SDCC to assure fans that they can pick up the Classics and not get stuck with just the four Turtles.

#9 User is offline   Joker08 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 16-March 08

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostForcehunter, on 20 June 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Nice! Thanks Joker. Does Shredder have articulation at the feet? How is his pose-ability?

Now, the only thing that irks me is this heavily stylized design (over-proportioned gautlets, massive bulky chest) i don't get why they have to go crazy with that. I have to debate if I will pick up this series or hope that Playmates continues on with their TMNT classics and get to Shredder and the Foot. They better show stuff at SDCC to assure fans that they can pick up the Classics and not get stuck with just the four Turtles.


He only has articulation at the hip, elbows, and shoulders. Oh and head. I was a little disappointed about that but the sculpt is great!

#10 User is offline   revsears 

  • Nazburado
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,840
  • Joined: 19-June 02

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

thanks for sharing the pics. I really like how the turtles have different molds, that doesn't always happen. I keep hoping with each reboot they will shrink these guys down to Joe size!

#11 User is offline   cvg_1869173063 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 01-April 08

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thank you very much for posting the photos. I'm still excited for this line, but it's a bit dissapointing to see Shredder lacking in articulation. Most especially his apparent lack of knees. I have a question, and a couple of picture requests if you don't mind...

That cape you have Shredder wearing, where/what is that from?

If you could, could you take a couple of pictures of the Kraang removed from the robotic body?

Also, could you take a picture of the back of Shredder's card? I'd love to read what his bio has to say about him.

Was there any paperwork that came with the figures? and if so, could you take a picture or two of it?

#12 User is offline   Joker08 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 16-March 08

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postcvg_1869173063, on 21 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Thank you very much for posting the photos. I'm still excited for this line, but it's a bit dissapointing to see Shredder lacking in articulation. Most especially his apparent lack of knees. I have a question, and a couple of picture requests if you don't mind...

That cape you have Shredder wearing, where/what is that from?

If you could, could you take a couple of pictures of the Kraang removed from the robotic body?

Also, could you take a picture of the back of Shredder's card? I'd love to read what his bio has to say about him.

Was there any paperwork that came with the figures? and if so, could you take a picture or two of it?



The cape I put on Shredder is actually the cape that came on the original Shredder figure back in the late 80s. After all these years I still have it and thought it added a bit more to the figure. The only paperwork that came with Leo and Don was a little booklet that showed all the figures and vehicles that will be available. I didn't keep them. Here's a few more pics.Attached File  100_7889.JPG (3.82MB)
Number of downloads: 30Attached File  100_7890.JPG (3.99MB)
Number of downloads: 44Attached File  100_7891.JPG (4.37MB)
Number of downloads: 24

#13 User is offline   cvg_1869173063 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 01-April 08

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostJoker08, on 22 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

The cape I put on Shredder is actually the cape that came on the original Shredder figure back in the late 80s. After all these years I still have it and thought it added a bit more to the figure. The only paperwork that came with Leo and Don was a little booklet that showed all the figures and vehicles that will be available. I didn't keep them. Here's a few more pics.Attachment 100_7889.JPGAttachment 100_7890.JPGAttachment 100_7891.JPG

Thank you for answering my questions and for the pictures. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't recognize old Shredder's cape (then again, I never did have him growing up...). I might have to track down a loose cape for new Shredder.

It's good to see that Playmates didn't actually get rid of the Kraang's other arms, and that the reason it only appeared to have two in your photos, and in a stock photo from Playmates, was because the other arms were stowed away in the android body.

#14 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,839
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

thanks for the pics! the turtles and krang look great. i'm not a fan of the new shredder though. his feet are HUGE!

#15 User is offline   DonnieDBERG 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-June 12

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Can u tell us what shredders articulation points are?

#16 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,839
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostDonnieDBERG, on 05 July 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Can u tell us what shredders articulation points are?

looking at the pic, he has 16 points of articulation. knees, hip (lateral and horizontal count individually), waist, wrist, elbow, shoulder (lateral and horizontal), and neck. i cant tell if the feet swivel. if they do than the total poa count would be 18.

#17 User is offline   DonnieDBERG 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-June 12

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 06 July 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostDonnieDBERG, on 05 July 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Can u tell us what shredders articulation points are?

looking at the pic, he has 16 points of articulation. knees, hip (lateral and horizontal count individually), waist, wrist, elbow, shoulder (lateral and horizontal), and neck. i cant tell if the feet swivel. if they do than the total poa count would be 18.


Thanks!!!

#18 User is offline   Joker08 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 16-March 08

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

TRU.com has the new line back on the site. Ordered the rest last night.

#19 User is offline   Cloud 

  • Jango Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 11-May 03

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Finally got a chance to open my toys. I was only able to open Leo and Raph tonight and then my camera's battery died.
I'm really like the turtles so far. The plastic used feels soft so it's easy to place the weapons in the turtles hands without worrying that the paint might scratch off.(Although no paint was applied to the weapons nor were the inner palms were painted)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I really like how Playmates chose softer plastic for the front shell to allow more mobility for the legs.

Posted Image
Guess what? The weapon racks from the vintage line are back. So far I think only the turtles and April comes with a weapons rack.


More pics and comments to come :)
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   RockthePlank 

  • DreadPiratePolar
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,430
  • Joined: 20-April 08

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Went to TRU, they had gotten TMNT in stock, the only Turtle they had was Leo so I snagged him, not sure if I will grab any of the others like Shredder or Krang, but for sure the turtles. April looks like a pass to me

#21 User is offline   Cloud 

  • Jango Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 11-May 03

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Playmates usually say great attention to detail for the Turtles but the rest of the cast is usually where they cut corners. Really bad articulation, cutting down accessories. The new Splinter only comes with a stick! It's got to be a joke, Splinter and Stick!

#22 User is offline   Forcehunter 

  • Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,447
  • Joined: 04-April 02

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

The time to get them is now boys and girls. TRU.com is having an online sale of 20% off when you buy $75 worth of stuff. I got the Turtles, Splinter, Shredder and four Foot Ninja for $86 after shipping. All of them are still in stock as of now.

#23 User is offline   Forcehunter 

  • Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,447
  • Joined: 04-April 02

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

RockThe Plank, which city and state did you find them in?

#24 User is offline   Forcehunter 

  • Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,447
  • Joined: 04-April 02

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Double post sorry.

#25 User is offline   Capt.S.G.Wiseman 

  • A cooler, calmer Captain.
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 7,751
  • Joined: 11-April 04

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostForcehunter, on 15 July 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

RockThe Plank, which city and state did you find them in?

My apologies if this seems like an violation of privacy, RockThe Plank. I will state this on the basis that members willing give personal info in bios.

I'm guessing Florida, "G-town" or something if the bio is up to date. ;)

Georgetown around lake George.

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us