Yard Sales/Garage Sales

So, with the summer quickly approaching us, I know a lot of us toy collectors/lovers turn to yard sales/garage sales and flea markets for those elusive finds. Anyone find anything good? Any interesting stories? Feel free to post pic's of recent finds!

• 1 month later...

I didn't prepared too much for this time as more than to look clean it looks messed up, things and stuffs spread everywhere. However I am also waiting that the other members will show up their great deeds of summer and we will have exciting photos along with them.

• 3 months later...

oh Snappp I didn't know you set this up! I realize I posted this in the Voltron Vehicles section already. I found these for 10 cent apiece (yes I realize I didn't use a plural 10 cents). They were in some giant as$ed misc. box full of all manners of misfit toyz.......My garage sale demeanor is usually to scan the sale and in a matter of seconds if I don't see much, I'm out tha doooo (door). But after I started dating my GF and g-saleing w/her I learned to take my time (haha) and dig deep into some boxes if not all of them. I can only stand by as the other hunters and pickers rush off w/their fancy slanted curb side idle engines running parking. She's found me some cool stuff (various 80s joes, star wars figs and accessories). Since becoming a digger I've found a constructicon, Marvel Legends, a gang of Lego guys, and other items.....but I dug deep and came up w/these Voltron beauties and all was good. I'll post more of my finds when I get a digital Camera worth an S....1013122242.jpg

Okay this is what my girl found at a G'sale last week for 1 buck....if you can see the dude in the tower, he's 1:18th scale. I have no idea what toy set this is from but its kewl. I have never seen this one before and I'm always looking for toyz and then this weekend I saw the same set and some lady had 5 on hers but it was a lil more complete.....powwowhalloween12026.jpg

Found the "nightwatch" boat but I guess its in camper's colors. I've seen some pics of 1:18th scale outdoors toyz from the Bass Pro Shop, So I'm assuming this is what set this came from. Fittee cent(50 cents) for this lovely lil ride...th_powwowhalloween12031.jpg

I snagged up this updated Tie-fighter for 3$ at another, the lady didn't want to really bargain much but its still a killer deal......th_powwowhalloween12025.jpg I'm making these ones smaller to save you the headaches of endless scrolling....

Annnd there's more....Micronauts Rocket Tubes!! the guy who was about 10 years older than me swore that its all there and it looks to be I didn't have time to put it all together but this was 5$ as you can see, very cool

powwowhalloween12033.jpg

If anyone has any idea what this one is, I'm all ears.....I paid 2$ for this from the same guy, his wife said he's getting rid of all his toys now all we need is for our kids to get rid of theirs, they have alot of Gi Joes and T-formers, I offered to take those too (which were not out) but they said they were saving those for their grandkids. I told them they were very kool for doing so. But I've looked this Flight Base over and there's not to many markings on it. There are 3 ships and its appears to be a Shuttle Base I guess. Japanese Toys aren't really my forte, so I'm all ears to feedback...powwowhalloween12028.jpg

powwowhalloween12029.jpg?t=1351481683

powwowhalloween12030.jpg

And Last but not least is my favorite..........the Shogun Warrior!! This is awesommmme!! Ive never had one before and it was only 3 BUX!! very very cool. I asked the guy why was he getting rid of his cool shiii & he said takes up too much space & just too busy to post them on Ebay.....my gain his loss, I told him I'll give them all a good home.....this one is my fave...he's my new child

powwowhalloween12024.jpg?t=1351482607

I found a he man toothbrush set with box and that is about it.

Guitardevil that is some cool looking stuff! I love that little base. Wish I could tell you what it was :)

Love the ruins and the rocket tube as well. Your aere is far more interesting than mine..lol

• 2 weeks later...

All right finally had some free time to upload a pic of my Gsale finds from this chilly weekend (yup 60 degrees here is chilly). It seems the community sales here are spotty lately but I got some kewl stuff, last week all I found was a Hotwheels Batmobile for 25 Cent. It was a lil beatup but still I had been looking for this cahhh for abit. Now just need to find a Ecto1 and I'll be kool on Htwheels for abit. Here's what I scored mostly from one sale, Daaa Terhminatoorr 3&3/4" was 50 Cents on card, very cool, and the Vin Diesel Mobile was 1$, and the TF's War Macheen Crossdress..over was 75 cents. the "hill folk" wanted to sell me the TFormer for 2$!! But in my nerdiest tone I had to say it was missing poke your eyes out missles and whatever else sooo she met me most of the way.....all in all not a bad daypowwowhalloween12253.jpg?t=1352781609

Okay this is what my girl found at a G'sale last week for 1 buck....if you can see the dude in the tower, he's 1:18th scale. I have no idea what toy set this is from but its kewl. I have never seen this one before and I'm always looking for toyz and then this weekend I saw the same set and some lady had 5 on hers but it was a lil more complete.....powwowhalloween12026.jpg

It is possibly from those Walmart/Target cheapy toy sets they sell this time of year..Walmart had a Fire Station

I was thingking about getting to turn into a transformers headquarters

And Last but not least is my favorite..........the Shogun Warrior!! This is awesommmme!! Ive never had one before and it was only 3 BUX!! very very cool. I asked the guy why was he getting rid of his cool shiii & he said takes up too much space & just too busy to post them on Ebay.....my gain his loss, I told him I'll give them all a good home.....this one is my fave...he's my new child

OMG Raydeen!!

And I see the red fighter that is p[art of Mazinga

If anyone has any idea what this one is, I'm all ears.....I paid 2$ for this from the same guy, his wife said he's getting rid of all his toys now all we need is for our kids to get rid of theirs, they have alot of Gi Joes and T-formers, I offered to take those too (which were not out) but they said they were saving those for their grandkids. I told them they were very kool for doing so. But I've looked this Flight Base over and there's not to many markings on it. There are 3 ships and its appears to be a Shuttle Base I guess. Japanese Toys aren't really my forte, so I'm all ears to feedback...powwowhalloween12028.jpg

powwowhalloween12029.jpg?t=1351481683

powwowhalloween12030.jpg

I'm surprised no one chimed in on this one! This is the base / launcher for the jets in Getter Robo G (a.k.a StarVengers in the U.S). The three jets would combine in different formations which would make different robots. From the pics it looks almost complete as it looks like the Getter Poseidon jet is missing. Still, it's an extremely nice piece indeed, you got a sweet deal there!

OMG Raydeen!!

actually the red jet is from the vehicle Voltron (a.k.a Dairugger in Japan).

OMG Raydeen!!

actually the red jet is from the vehicle Voltron (a.k.a Dairugger in Japan).

YES!! Your are right! The Mazinga plane was a bit more like a Colonial Viper

Hey thanks guys I was lost on what the the little base was? Its a cool set and yup the 4th ship is missing but its still sooo kool. I didn't own any of the Japanese toy sets so finding these were just awesome......I appreciate your help...

• 1 month later...

These are some items I found the previous week of G-saleing, it was a looooong day as it seemed Stuffed Animal Saturday was never going to end. Sale after Sale the onslaught of the fuzzy furry ones began to worry this hunters heart as the quarters in my pocket were begging to be spent...the last sale I went to had some promise but nothing intact just some Plastic Boneyard Finds

SAM_0053.jpg

I figured at worst the random damaged vehicles are dio back ground fodder...

SAM_0054.jpg

And some Halo & Lego guys, random Lego pieces for the effort of digging all the way to the bottom of the box, my buttcrack smiling to the world I must've appeared like some giant brown bear digging for honey in some awkward & comical position, all in all I paid $1.50 for all this....& I know its prolly wrong for a grown man to get excited about fake little plastic computer screens but I did since I needed some of that action for my Joes.....

This Week was interesting as well....the 2nd sale we went to I finally found an Hotwheels Ecto 1, Batmobile & Crash Test Dummy w/Breakapart ATV....

SAM_0058.jpg

all in all we went to 8 sales, it was actually fairly chilly today so there wasn't much going on today.....I found Rachet at one of the last ones & I paid 25 Cents apiece for all 4.....

I've come across quite a few finds at flea markets.

The most recent pick for me was an original G1 Transformers Soundwave with box. The figure was complete, the box had some wear, but for $30 it was a steal.

I usually go to at least 2 flea markets a month, not necessarily for the toys, but just to browse around to look at all the cool stuff. If I end up finding something it's just an added bonus.

• 9 months later...

this was from 2 weeks back & this past weekend I found 2 smaller boxes of Lego Parts.....I paid $2 for the lego parts, considering how expensive they are I didn't mind coughing up the dough....

SAM_0360_zps90ebba53.jpg

for the GoBot Model I paid $2 as well, its still sealed up & in great condition....they wanted $4 & the lady had an old RadioShack Generic Transformers Watch, I had one of those when I was half-pint but I lost him @ school or my best friend might have stole him I don't remember......they had $10 on that non-working watch so I passed as she didn't feel like coming down on price......

• 3 months later...

Living in The Valley of the Sun, garage sale season is never truly done, even when its chilly out there's still good sales to be found its been hit & miss the last month + sometimes my girl & I just need the sleep on Saturday morning & we start late but were fairly die-hard about hunting for driveway deals.....we've been out a few times since the beginning of the new year & I've found nothing till yesterday....I can usually call it out toy-wise when I pull up to the curb, if I see any guys my age, or kids mainly little boys then I know we may have chance to find some recent stuff that trickles down through Target or Walmart over Xmas, then the kids get tired of playing w/it so they recycle or Dad or Mom gets rid of his "silly" old toys....I've also had parents sell me their son's stuff, always remarking that he's done w/em & never asks for em....sometimes I do suggest they re-ask their son cause I found some real jems & had to let the parents know that if it was me I would be pissed if my moms or pops just sold my Jedi's, Autobots or Joes for just pennies on the dollar I do believe in good Karma & it does come & go.....I found some cool dude as far as the Joker's Henchman & Forge & does anyone recognize the Sled?? it says Hasbro but 2001? I feel its Joe related....I paid $2.50 for all of this...some of these are going back in my garage sale pile though....season is back & I can't wait to find some deals....

SAM_0871_zps5ee548a6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Went out over the weekend to score some plastic goodness...went to one Gsale & the ladies wanted $3 bux for an old beat-up toybiz Spidey from 98'...I couldn't do it they even wanted $2 for some broken up TMNT figs...I passed, also found some old 80s Star Wars figs, minor characters scratched missing paint she wanted $2 a piece for them...whaaaattt *joe dirt voice*....I passed too....man I know it was early but they were asking too much for what should have been .25 cent figs.....they had a small box & I mean small box of random 80s Legos....they wanted $5....outrageousness.......soo I snagged up hardback Disney Cookbook from the 70s for $1 not bad.....& then we turned the corner & ran into some other sale....the family had $5 on a huge Lego Millennium Falcon box....butttt it was half empty....well most of the ship was there but the guys were missing *bummer* but I did get about 75% of the falcon & they even gave it to me for $3 which was cool w/me....so that was my find for last Saturday.....