TNI Forums: New Amazon.com Exclusive G.I.Joe Renegades & Retaliation Box Set Images & Order Info - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Amazon.com Exclusive G.I.Joe Renegades & Retaliation Box Set Images & Order Info

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

New Amazon.com Exclusive G.I.Joe Renegades & Retaliation Box Set Images & Order Info

View the full article

#2 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

These are both a pass. And a pretty easy one.

I have a Renegades SS coming through an amazing trade. A real one. I have no need for the Renegades set.

The Retaliation set features a SE and SS that we'll see tons of at retail, a Roadblock with a useless right hand (and STILL not movie accurate), and a CC that, while he is indeed black, is not wearing the same outfit as we've seen in previews. Actually...have we seen ANY movie accurate Retaliation figures yet?

The price is another turn off and saddly, it is not a suprise. These guys will likely be $10 wherever you go.

Still looking forward to the actual movie, but it looks like hiatus time as far as toy buying goes.

#3 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

yeah.. I want the Renegades set.. but I am not paying 40 for it. oh well.

I still remember paying 25 retail for the last 25th 5-packs before ROC... and those were much better

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostCLAM, on 30 April 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I still remember paying 25 retail for the last 25th 5-packs before ROC... and those were much better

Yep, at these prices, even the slightest drop in quality ain't gonna cut it.

#5 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Renegades set looks great! I totally will get that one at some point.
Draven

#6 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Are both of these sold out already? Checked the Amazon.com link and both are listed with:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

#7 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostOutsiders, on 30 April 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Are both of these sold out already? Checked the Amazon.com link and both are listed with:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

That was fast.

#8 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'd like to have these sets. I'm a sucker for box sets like this. I just wish Roadblock didn't have a gun sculpted into his hand. I hate that kind of thing worse than action features! Otherwise these look great.

#9 User is offline   wolverine2281 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

Yes both are sold out currently. The Retaliation set was up for a while but I missed the Renegades set since it was posted a couple of hours I got home after work Monday morning.
Or you could buy this one
http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1202
LMAO

Rumor has it they'll restock on 5/2

#10 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Eh, the Renegades set isn't as good as I thought it would be and neither is the price.....Pass.

#11 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Out of stock? How many are on Ebay and now in online stores?

#12 User is offline   wolverine2281 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I heard there were between 150 and 200, at least, of each when they were listed. Only the one I posted above on ebay at the moment.

#13 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

View Postwolverine2281, on 01 May 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

I heard there were between 150 and 200, at least, of each when they were listed. Only the one I posted above on ebay at the moment.

Am I reading this right? They actually put a limit on each set and limited it to 150-200? What's next for G.I. Joe... Collectors Level like McFarlane sports figures? Snake Eyes with the Uzi will be the common figure but selected cases will have a Snake Eyes with a sword and only 2,000 of those made?

#14 User is offline   wolverine2281 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

I cannot say for sure that's how many were put up the first time, just that in the afternoon when I woke up I was reading people's posts saying there are XXX many left for both of them. But yeah there probably weren't that many up to begin with. We'll see if they restock tomorrow

#15 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I know this was an Amazon exclusive just as the GI Joe 7-Packs of Slaughter's Marauders & Dreadnoks was a BBTS Exclusive. But why would they only make 200 of each? Doesn't say anything about a limited exclusive... Doesn't even give you a chance to decide if you want it or not?

#16 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Both items just went back on sale... If you want them...

#17 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

ordered the renegades set.

#18 User is offline   wolverine2281 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postwolverine2281, on 01 May 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

Yes both are sold out currently. The Retaliation set was up for a while but I missed the Renegades set since it was posted a couple of hours I got home after work Monday morning.
Or you could buy this one
http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1202
LMAO

Rumor has it they'll restock on 5/2

looks like I was right. Ordered my renegades set this afternoon :)

#19 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm sooo tempted to get these. I've always been a sucker for "sneak-peek" figures. I'm sure these will be readily-available as single-carded offerings, but...I want 'em bad now! I just wish Roadblock came with a normal right hand. *sigh*

#20 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

The movie figs are absolute garbage! Horrible designs. Bad articulation. Way over priced..... Hasbro hasblowed on these. Saw them all tonight and only could stomach buying SE.... even now I am having regrets and that has never happened with a SE. Just off, even him.
Draven

#21 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Well, he and the Cobra Commander would be the draws in this set for me, but like you said, there's something not quite right about Snake Eyes' head; it looks a little pointy or narrow or something. The Cobra Commander is sweet, but again like you said Draven, with the limited articulation, they're not quite as nice as they could have been. Love the Storm Shadow though. I just wish the Roadblock was fixed and had the tattoo on his arm and shoulder like he does in the film. It still mistifies me as to why he doesn't, and even moreso as to why he has that sculpted gun or mechanism or whatever you call that stupid thing in his hand.

But in the end, this set is still what it is...it's an exclusive four-pack of new movie figures. Sometimes I'm intriged by the concept more than I am the actual figures. Kinda like those collectors that collect the craptacular knock-off Transformers; they're cheesy, cheap, and poorly made, but they somewhat resemble the real thing just enough to be cool on some level. That's how I feel about the "sneak-peek" figures. No, they're not perfect representations of anything on film, but they official Hasbro G.I. Joe movie figures that come in exclusive collectible packaging. To me that's interesting enough to make me overlook the issues these figures have. Does that make any sense whatsoever? I guess I'm seeing this more from the casual off-the-street toy-collector mentality as it were instead of the hard-core G.I. Joe collector with higher standards and expectations. Sometimes I'm a toy collector first, then a purist second I guess.

#22 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

SS looks off to me. Is the wave 1 figure accurate. He looks just weird. Honestly they really look like a huge step back by Hasbro. They better not keep this formula after the movie is over.
Draven

#23 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

They had it so right with the POC/30th Anniversary stuff. It's almost as if someone that "gets it" broke out of their cage over at Hasbro and got some awesome designs and molds made before they were beaten and gagged and put back into solitary confinement. (lol)

#24 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well I was set to buy both sets but since you can buy all four Retaliation figures at retail for slightly cheaper, why bother.

#25 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

To be perfectly honest, I could probably do without the Roadblock, but does the Snake Eyes come with some cool webgear that the regular release doesn't? And I think the Storm Shadow has a slightly different paintjob than the regular release. And I was under the impression that the black Cobra Commander might be a chase variant as a single-carded release, but I may be wrong about all of this. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us