TNI Forums: Pixel Dan Reviews Golden Age Flash - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pixel Dan Reviews Golden Age Flash

#1 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,259
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:09 PM



#2 User is offline   Dick_Grayson 

  • Dick Grayson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 620
  • Joined: 24-August 11

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Its an OK figure. The art on the box of Jay 's face, reminds me of Dustin Diamond's Samuel "Screech" Powers for some reason haha.

P.S. Hey why was my thread on this video deleted?

#3 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,259
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostDick_Grayson, on 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:



P.S. Hey why was my thread on this video deleted?


Because I posted this one before you posted yours

#4 User is offline   Dick_Grayson 

  • Dick Grayson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 620
  • Joined: 24-August 11

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 24 April 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostDick_Grayson, on 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:



P.S. Hey why was my thread on this video deleted?


Because I posted this one before you posted yours


Oh ok, its cool man. I didn't know that you had posted it already.

#5 User is offline   mako 

  • Leatherhead
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,941
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

I noticed the height thing to. Dosen't seem as glaring as it did in the pictures a while back though. Cool figure.

#6 User is offline   rash 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 522
  • Joined: 03-March 09

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

A video review..?

Man, some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands...


#7 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Beastman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,578
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

View Postrash, on 25 April 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

A video review..?

Man, some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands...



especially for figures of re-used bucks. Sour grapes, but I wish I had conned people into sending me overpriced toys for free years back.

#8 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Man, some serious haters on this. I for one and not keen on the free figs that Dan gets but oh well This Flash is friggin awesome. I don't like the height increase but that is ok, small deal compared to other issues that could come up, love the helmet.

#9 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Beastman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,578
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 25 April 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Man, some serious haters on this. I for one and not keen on the free figs that Dan gets but oh well This Flash is friggin awesome. I don't like the height increase but that is ok, small deal compared to other issues that could come up, love the helmet.


I like the figure for the characters sake (as well as completing a pretty good JSA lineup), but it definitely not worth $30+. Maybe I hate the fact that im going to pay it. Oh well, at least i get to save some money on shipping from Matty this next month in ordering Stinkor, too.

General price and Matty tactics aside, as a loose collector, I cant wait for the figures that share a drawer with Flash to get dusted in vac-metal paint flakes. That helmet is my only real beef with this one. Looks cheap to me.

#10 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 25 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 25 April 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Man, some serious haters on this. I for one and not keen on the free figs that Dan gets but oh well This Flash is friggin awesome. I don't like the height increase but that is ok, small deal compared to other issues that could come up, love the helmet.


I like the figure for the characters sake (as well as completing a pretty good JSA lineup), but it definitely not worth $30+. Maybe I hate the fact that im going to pay it. Oh well, at least i get to save some money on shipping from Matty this next month in ordering Stinkor, too.

General price and Matty tactics aside, as a loose collector, I cant wait for the figures that share a drawer with Flash to get dusted in vac-metal paint flakes. That helmet is my only real beef with this one. Looks cheap to me.


Pricing is unbelievable but what can be done. I don't like vac-metal figs either, a simple grey design is fine with me but there is nothing I can do about it. I am getting three so shipping balances out for me.

#11 User is offline   shokker 

  • Jackleman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,308
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

yeah well for now i just need poison ivy and atrocitus. i will sell the others. i am ok with the sub if things get better. like motu that these figures get some stuff to go with. right now it is pricey but if i can get figs like talia or really hard to get figures like conduit then i am on board for this even if i have to sell the ones i dont care. its worth a try.

#12 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,259
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postrash, on 25 April 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

A video review..?

Man, some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands...



I'm not sure if you know Pixel Dan or what but he does these reviews for Matty they send him these free to advertise for Matty

#13 User is offline   The Thing 

  • Savage Nation.
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,590
  • Joined: 09-January 03

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Looking forward to this figure.
My only gripe thus far, Is the seam running across center of helmet.

#14 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Beastman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,578
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostThe Thing, on 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

My only gripe thus far, Is the seam running across center of helmet.


I hear that...imagine if the SDCC Stay Puft's seam ran right down the middle of his body. COOL!

#15 User is offline   mako 

  • Leatherhead
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,941
  • Joined: 23-February 05

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 25 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 25 April 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Man, some serious haters on this. I for one and not keen on the free figs that Dan gets but oh well This Flash is friggin awesome. I don't like the height increase but that is ok, small deal compared to other issues that could come up, love the helmet.


I like the figure for the characters sake (as well as completing a pretty good JSA lineup), but it definitely not worth $30+. Maybe I hate the fact that im going to pay it. Oh well, at least i get to save some money on shipping from Matty this next month in ordering Stinkor, too.

General price and Matty tactics aside, as a loose collector, I cant wait for the figures that share a drawer with Flash to get dusted in vac-metal paint flakes. That helmet is my only real beef with this one. Looks cheap to me.

As I said, it's a cool figure, but I won't be getting it. Would'nt be brow-beat into joining the sub, won't be punished for it with higher prices.

Put it on a nice blister card, release to retail, knock about fifteen bucks off the price. Then we can do business.

#16 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,130
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

He looks ok to me. Not a fan of the character but the height thing sucks. Not sure how I feel about the helmet. Guess i'll see soon.
Draven

#17 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Penguin
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,498
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 25 April 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Pricing is unbelievable but what can be done.


Not buy?

But whenever toy companies hear fans threaten that, they just laugh and laugh...:)

#18 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Penguin
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,498
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 25 April 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you know Pixel Dan or what but he does these reviews for Matty they send him these free to advertise for Matty


That's an interesting arrangment. Easier to give one fan a free figure that probably cost $5 to make than spend money on an advertising campaign that includes the now-extinct action figure commercial, I guess. Their target market is glued to the internet anyway.

I wonder, having not seen many of his reviews in general, does he ever give a Mattel figure an UNfavorable review? Do they let him "advertise" knowing there's a chance he may bash the figure completely or is there an "agreement" that he won't do that?

Nothing against this guy...I'm honestly wondering.

#19 User is offline   Doom Saber 

  • RaWr!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16,765
  • Joined: 26-June 02

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 25 April 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 25 April 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you know Pixel Dan or what but he does these reviews for Matty they send him these free to advertise for Matty


That's an interesting arrangment. Easier to give one fan a free figure that probably cost $5 to make than spend money on an advertising campaign that includes the now-extinct action figure commercial, I guess. Their target market is glued to the internet anyway.

I wonder, having not seen many of his reviews in general, does he ever give a Mattel figure an UNfavorable review? Do they let him "advertise" knowing there's a chance he may bash the figure completely or is there an "agreement" that he won't do that?

Nothing against this guy...I'm honestly wondering.


Pixel-Dan is a toy reviewer/blogger. I am sure Pixel-Dan does this for a living. Like all the other reviewers in the world, whether it is toys, books, movies, or video games, they get an item for free to review; for movie reviewers, they get a DVD screener. Mattel, as well as other companies know that they might get an unfavorable review from their products. Like WJ said, companies do this for free advertisement. If a figure is unfavorable, the company will prevent in making the same mistake for their next figure. Nothing new here.

If someone wants free toys, try making a review site. I am sure Pixel Dan is not the only one who get free toys from Mattel. I know the guy from mwctoys.com get free stuff from Sideshow.

#20 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,800
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

If he gets free stuff then more power to him.

I'm getting two of this through my sub but I'm thinking I might buy an extra one on sales day for display purposes.

#21 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,259
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Dan himself on a podcast said he feels very lucky to get these sent to him .As he puts it Matty could turn around tomorrow and stop sending him figures to review

#22 User is offline   rash 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 522
  • Joined: 03-March 09

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 25 April 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

View Postrash, on 25 April 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

A video review..?

Man, some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands...



I'm not sure if you know Pixel Dan or what but he does these reviews for Matty they send him these free to advertise for Matty


That's obviously a swell deal for "Pixel Dan," but the question still remains: WHY do I care? Especially since this figure has been discussed ad nauseum for almost a year, and the video offers zero new insight.

#23 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Battlecat
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,629
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on 26 April 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

If he gets free stuff then more power to him.

I'm getting two of this through my sub but I'm thnking I might buy an extra one on sales day for display purposes.


Yeah... Dan put a lot of effort into creating a name for himself which we all could have done... Its a business relationship that benefits both side so I dont see why people would have a problem with it... Plus he handles them roughly so I wont have to...

If I am not mistaken he is actually in the insurance business and this is still considered a hobby for him...

#24 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,507
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'll take pictures and text reviews over videos any day, but I like Pixel Dan's reviews. As Nguyen mentioned, he really manhandles the figures to show whether they're up to standards or not.

#25 User is offline   MikePrime 

  • Cardassian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 685
  • Joined: 12-July 03

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 26 April 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'll take pictures and text reviews over videos any day, but I like Pixel Dan's reviews. As Nguyen mentioned, he really manhandles the figures to show whether they're up to standards or not.


I agree. I like video reviews that are well made and professional looking, and Pixel Dan's reviews certainly fall into that category.

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us