• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Avengers 6 inch figures - preview

#51 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Features on that TRU Hulk are a bit too square cut for me, making him look styleized and cartoony IMO. Not so on the FO Hulk.

#52 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostDraven79, on 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Yeah I love that Hulk and its a tie with FO one for my fav. Love everything on the 2 pack beter than FO but the head.
Draven

I always hated that FO Hulk. The joints on mine were crazy stiff, and I hated the articulation. It also has the distinction of being the only figure I have that ever drew blood. I cut a finger pinching it in one of those stupid knee joints!

Still, I'll admit I love the classic '70's/'80's styling on the sucker. And if I'm not mistaken, he may be the biggest of the ML Hulks.

#53 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 24 April 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

It's this one

http://marvellegends...8-02/Hulk_0.htm

He had no neck :( ....

no neck at all... AND a T-crotch!?!?! that figure sucks.

for me, it's Face Off Hulk or nothing at all

#54 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

• What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

View Postslao, on 24 April 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

The only problem is that the Winter Soldier had a stuck shoulder joint, which I'm still trying to fix/loosen @grumpy@

So even having the best plastics doesn't mean there aren't problems..........hmmmmm

Also I never knew there was so much love for the Face Off Hulk.

#55 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hands aside, that Hulk looks like he jumped out of the comics. He's got a great head sculpt, and the perfect size.

#56 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hands and ab crunch sucked.

#57 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

The 2pack Hulk is not that bad, I like it the problem with it is that it's a MCGuinness Hulk at least that's what Hasbro called it when it was first shown as part of the Hulk wave that became the FFF wave. Collectors cried outrage on yet another green purple pants Hulk and it was scratched from the wave and then used as the Red Hulk BAF and then it made a comeback as a 2pack filler. I guess that's most people's problem with it the McGuinness style of the sculpt. For me FO is still the best great sculpt and paint and some good articulation, all it needs is a flashy suit, a feathered hat and some females and the hand goes from bad to perfect. @wink@

#58 User is offline   billions 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 24 April 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

It's this one

http://marvellegends...8-02/Hulk_0.htm

He had no neck :( ....

Thanks that is what I thought but just making sure I wasn't missing out on a new figure

#59 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hawkeye is the best looking figure in my opinion But knowing my obsessive toy collecting I'll probably pick up most of these

#60 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postbelmont13, on 25 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

The 2pack Hulk is not that bad, I like it the problem with it is that it's a MCGuinness Hulk at least that's what Hasbro called it when it was first shown as part of the Hulk wave that became the FFF wave. Collectors cried outrage on yet another green purple pants Hulk and it was scratched from the wave and then used as the Red Hulk BAF and then it made a comeback as a 2pack filler. I guess that's most people's problem with it the McGuinness style of the sculpt. For me FO is still the best great sculpt and paint and some good articulation, all it needs is a flashy suit, a feathered hat and some females and the hand goes from bad to perfect. @wink@

that Hulk isn't a bad figure by itself... my problem is that because it does look like McGuinness' style, it looks like an anime figure. and has no place in a collection of regular figures. It stuck out like a sore thumb and I couldn't buy it. Also, the Valkyre figure didn't interest me because of her Hasbro knees. gross

#61 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostCLAM, on 25 April 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

View Postbelmont13, on 25 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

that Hulk isn't a bad figure by itself... my problem is that because it does look like McGuinness' style, it looks like an anime figure. and has no place in a collection of regular figures. It stuck out like a sore thumb and I couldn't buy it. Also, the Valkyre figure didn't interest me because of her Hasbro knees. gross

Yeah I understand what you mean but to be honest, I don't display that figure when I first got it I toyed around with it a bit and then I stored it. The Valkyrie could use some improvement I basically got it because I'm a fan of all things asgardian and I wanted to complete a Secret Avengers lineup.

#62 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 24 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 24 April 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 24 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

It really messes me up that there is no Hulk figure with fists,

We can tell :P

YOU DAMN WELL BETTER UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

I always thought that Joe Jusko painting was what they used as reference for the FO Hulk head.

#63 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Any predictions as to when we'll see these Legends scale Avengers in stores? I think there was about a month between the first overseas reviews of the Terrax wave and their first US sightings. The Walmart Cap and Thor Legends didn't show up until October of last year, I think?

#64 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Not a 100% sure but I read something between june or july, but considering how Hasbro has been withholding information on these it's anyone guess.

#65 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postjahue, on 24 April 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postbelmont13, on 23 April 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I want a Robin Sparkles and Jessica Glitter 2pack

and too bad these are exclusives and there are no mor KB toys or else" we could go to the mall" and pick them up

I see what you did there. :D

#66 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postbelmont13, on 26 April 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

View Postjahue, on 24 April 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postbelmont13, on 23 April 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I want a Robin Sparkles and Jessica Glitter 2pack

and too bad these are exclusives and there are no mor KB toys or else" we could go to the mall" and pick them up

I see what you did there. :D

pretty good right...now if only I could come up with a good sand castle reference

#67 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostHarryWildman, on 26 April 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 24 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 24 April 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 24 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

It really messes me up that there is no Hulk figure with fists,

We can tell :P

YOU DAMN WELL BETTER UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

I always thought that Joe Jusko painting was what they used as reference for the FO Hulk head.

IMO that is the definitive Hulk, that IS the incredible Hulk. I don't know who Joe is but he surely painted the Hulk in the manner that was used for the Face Off Hulk. Doesn't Hasbro own all the molds that Toy Biz used, if so then couldn't they reissue it with some fists, FO Hulk is begging for some fist, he is angry because of the lack of fists, I AM ANGRY BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF FISTS!!!!

#68 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Joe Jusko did a lot of Marvel trading cards in the early nineties. I think he had a whole series where he was the only artist. I love his art.

#69 User is offline   MintCondition 

• Mouser

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I can't wait to get these. I'm gonna skip Iron Man, since it's just a battle damaged repaint of the Mark VI armor. They need to make Mark VII.

I will be getting Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America, Loki, and Hulk.

I can't wait to add them to my Marvel movie shelf.

They're already in the Philippines, so hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

I hope they make a series 2, so they can release the sleeveless Thor, and maybe make Black Widow. Maria Hill and Agent Coulson would be awesome as well.

That's three figures right there.

They could round it out with some comic figures. I saw this photos up on Cortes Studios and it looks like a Marvel Legends Ultimate Hawkeye:

Posted Image

I hope it's true.

#70 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

This guy is supposed to come out today, if anyone is interested and don't wanna wait for the Hasbro one.

Posted Image

#71 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Oooooo....though call :mellow: Going out to pick up an Arkham City figure today, I'll have to give that Hulk a look too.

#72 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

View Postbelmont13, on 08 May 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

This guy is supposed to come out today, if anyone is interested and don't wanna wait for the Hasbro one.

Posted Image

I picked him up yesterday. He is really nice and huge. Be careful though a lot of the figures have their left thigh joint sticking out.

#73 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

View Postjahue, on 09 May 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

I picked him up yesterday. He is really nice and huge. Be careful though a lot of the figures have their left thigh joint sticking out.

That's great, man How does it look in person, better than this pic? I'm not crazy about the headsculpt.

#74 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Postbelmont13, on 09 May 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

View Postjahue, on 09 May 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

That's great, man How does it look in person, better than this pic? I'm not crazy about the headsculpt.

yeah, he is much better in person than from pictures. I believe the sculpt and colors are much better than I thought they would be. He has the new Hasbro ankle rockers which is awesome...my only real gripe is the mid section articulation. I saw 6 figures and 4 of them have the left hip/thigh joint stick out from the body. The movement is really stiff and I feel like too much movement over time could snap the leg off.

#75 User is offline   Belmont13 

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

here's a small comparisons between the 2 movie hulks.

http://www.poeghosta...lk-vs-hulk.html

here's a video review toward the guy puts the Hulk next to some MLs and MS so you can get an idea of the scale

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=YolynqbbYho

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us