Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smokers Cough

#1 User is offline   ensign 

• Mouser
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I recently bought 4 loose Marvel Legends Figures from a seller on ebay for an excellent price. However, each of the figures smell like cigaette smoke. Im trying to get the horrible smell out of the figures. So far, I've tried Pin Sol and shout. Does anybody have any sggestions? Do you think the smell will go away on its own?

#2 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

in time yes. my mother smoked all the time and the smell went right to my figures. when i moved out, at first i still smelled it but after a couple of months and some cleaning it doesnt smell anymore.

#3 User is offline   ensign 

• Mouser

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

View Postshokker, on 15 April 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

in time yes. my mother smoked all the time and the smell went right to my figures. when i moved out, at first i still smelled it but after a couple of months and some cleaning it doesnt smell anymore.

What did you use to clean the figures? I soaked Antman, Wasp, and Green Goblin in hot water and Shout. Its only been a day or so, so they still smell lemony. I soaked Lokis cape last week in Pin Sol after about a week, the Pin Sol smell faded but the smokey smell did not.

#4 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Postensign, on 16 April 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

View Postshokker, on 15 April 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

What did you use to clean the figures? I soaked Antman, Wasp, and Green Goblin in hot water and Shout. Its only been a day or so, so they still smell lemony. I soaked Lokis cape last week in Pin Sol after about a week, the Pin Sol smell faded but the smokey smell did not.

lol, i use a few drops of shampoo. i know its weird but it cleans pretty good, lol

#5 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is why I always buy stuff still sealed. I'll save and save before I buy anything loose. You just don't know who's hands have been all over them, what they did with their figures, or how well they took care of them. *ick* No, I'm a MISB/MOC buyer all the way. I'm just waaay too picky and anal to buy anything loose. Sorry guys, that may sound snotty or spoiled, but I can't help it. I think I have a touch of OCD. (lol)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us