TNI Forums: Looking back at TMNT... - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking back at TMNT...

Poll: Favorite Ninja Turtle Toys (of the 4 Turtles) (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Favorite Turtle figures (of the 4 Turtles themselves)

1. Playmates 1988 Original 4 Turtles (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Playmates 1991 Movie Turtles (soft rubber) (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Playmates 2003 Cartoon Turtles (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Playmates 2009 "TMNT" Movie Turtles (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. NECA Ninja Turtles (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   thisweaksname 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

With the release of a new cartoon line of Turtles along with a classics line of the original 4 turtles- let's take a moment to look at the figures that have since come and went. I know but that I could have included the 4 Turtles (well actually 5 if you count Venus) of the Next Mutation series but I decided to keep with some of the more well known action figures of the 4.

I imagine most people will be pushed to pick the NECA figures but I was pretty amazed when I took out some of the older lines from storage and in particular found the TMNT line to be pretty awesome- a little taller than the bulk of the turtle lines before but nonetheless they had great accessories and articulation. So which line is your favorite and why?

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Well I was never really into them back in the day and the only set I ever picked up were the Star Trek set

#3 User is offline   apocalypse484 

• Battle Droid

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I actually like the original 4 turtles because they mean the most to me. The moviestar turtles are a close second though. I never bought the Neca turtles. i never liked the all red bandana thing.

#4 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Definitely the NECA TMNT figure.

I grew up with the classic TMNT line, and I can say that those figures just suck compared to today's standards.

#5 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

• What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

I always loved the original line, sure it eventually got goofy but those first two years were amazing. Also many people rag on how sucky they are by todays standards but I don't believe that is true in all cases, it was criminal to make Shredder shirtless, miscolored, and in a crotch position but some figures had amazing details on them, Muckman was great just to look over his body and to see the detail that went into him, same thing with Scumbug and even the accessories were pretty decent at times. I loved how they had Rats all over the body of Ratking. There were some really awful misses but man I enjoyed the line.

Neca figs never got my money because I was waiting for Shredder which never happened. I believe they were good figures but the missing bad dude means I will NEVER own them.

#6 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

For me it's the 2009 TMNT Movie line. This one had it all. At the new 6" scale the line was now more in line with DCUC and Marvel Legends. All the important characters were there: the Turtles, April, Casey, Splinter, Karai, the Foot, even the Shredder (who wasn't even in the movie!).

You want vehicles? How about the Night Watcher Bike with Night Watcher figure (true identity hidden in a clever packaging ploy), and Cowabunga Carl's Party Van (and Mattel says they couldn't "price out" a Batmobile). The "Carl-Head" on the van could even be placed on Mike's head to simulate the Cowabunga Carl figure they never got around to.

I just wish they had gotten around to the Sewer Playset or the Comic Turtles they were working on (who needs Necca?).

#7 User is offline   Rollo Tomassi 

• Smug

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I picked the NECA Turtles, but I rather enjoyed the 2009 Turtles as well.

#8 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

definitely neca for me. while i enjoyed the toon growing up, i was a bigger fan of the original comic and always wanted toys that reflected their look.

#9 User is offline   slao 

• The Candy Man

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm one of the only 2 who voted for them, but I voted for the 2003 series. Many hated them for the lack of articulation, but I really liked how they were very faithful representations to the cartoon. I was also impressed with the variety of characters that actually received figures. I really enjoyed that cartoon too, until the Fast Forward junk took over.

NECA's turtles were great, no doubt were they fantastic looking figures with the articulation to match. Yet, I too couldn't commit to that line when only the 4 Turtles, April and some Mousers saw production...which left the awesome Shredder, Krang and the Foot soldiers in limbo.

#10 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I love my movie figures

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us