TNI Forums: Young Justice Discussion Thread - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 23 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Young Justice Discussion Thread

#1 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Did anybody here catch the one hour movie?

#2 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,500
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

Nah, was watching Avengers instead.

A friend of mine saw it, and he said it was good.

#3 User is offline   MasterJailer 

  • Snakeman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 957
  • Joined: 20-July 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

I went from loving this thing to hating it all within the first ten minutes of the show!

1. A great opening. You have a bunch of cold-themed villains attacking all at once. Batman at one point makes a note that this surely isn't a coincidence. Then this isn't spoken of again.

2. I HATE HATE HATE forced teen-age angst. Speedy has a huge meltdown pretty much because he and the other sidekicks were asked to sit in the waiting room. He not only decides not to join the JLA but quits being Green Arrow's sidekick altogether... and does this right in front of the press! Thus is justified exactly why these kids are treated like kids!

3. Hey, Green Arrow! You sidekick is having a breakdown! Got anything to say? No?

4. I HATE HATE HATE when good guys act in a conspiratorial way that later comes around to bite them on the a$$. Why would the JLA keep their satellite HQ a secret from their own partners! What if they needed their sidekicks in an emergency?

Batman: "Robin! Quick! The JLA is being attacked! Get over here!"

Robin: "No problem, Batman! I'll round up the other sidekicks and be at the Hall of Justice in five minutes!"

Batman: "Umm... about that Hall of Justice... We're really on a satellite in space."

5. Why was Superman made so uncomfortable by his clone to the point of being unable to help the poor kid? It's not like he was caught with an illegitimate son!

6. The JLA doesn't think that the Young Justice team is a good idea but since Young Justice is going to be a team anyway, the JLA decides to back them. Great motivation.


Nicely animated, but the writing was very forced. Could've been better and less stupid.

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Well if you watched more of it Speedy quit and isn't part of the Young Justice team.I do agree he was acting like a spoiled child .If each episode is anmimted like this it will be great

At least we will be seeing Red Tornado and Black Canary as there teachers/team leaders

#5 User is offline   MasterJailer 

  • Snakeman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 957
  • Joined: 20-July 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

Well if you watched more of it...



I watched the whole thing like a sucker waiting for it to get better.

#6 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

View PostMasterJailer, on 27 November 2010 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

Well if you watched more of it...



I watched the whole thing like a sucker waiting for it to get better.



Well you can't please everybody I thought it was good

#7 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

I saw it I though it was pretty good. To me it seems like Aqua lad is the leader of the group more then Robin was. He was come unlike Kid Flash and Robin was. I was shock to see Capt. Marvel in this and to see both Hawkman & Hawkgirl in there gray outfits rattler there green ones.

#8 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Both Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart in the JL at the same time?

#9 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

I didn't see it but from what MJ wrote I am a little nervous, all of what he said is stuff I don't like either. I want to see it though. Aside from the stuff MJ wrote, how was the action and story

#10 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Both Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart in the JL at the same time?



I saw Hal but not John. Where was he at?

#11 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

View PostJeffreyA, on 27 November 2010 - 09:17 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Both Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart in the JL at the same time?



I saw Hal but not John. Where was he at?


One of the GL's was using his power ring to carry other members and it was Jon

#12 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I just finished watching it and I enjoyed it. I do think Masterjailer was right about it being forced but I think once they past that part and the group got to Cadmus it was really good. I liked the introduction of Superboy and how wild he was at first and the nock they did to Marvel. I think the show can be good, looking forward to a great season. The only drawback is that it is on cartoon network which means it can only last for a possible two seasons no matter how good it is.

#13 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 27 November 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

The only drawback is that it is on cartoon network which means it can only last for a possible two seasons no matter how good it is.



Yep like they did to JLU and Megas XLR They really want the kids to have short attention spans

#14 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 10:21 PM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 27 November 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

The only drawback is that it is on cartoon network which means it can only last for a possible two seasons no matter how good it is.



Yep like they did to JLU and Megas XLR They really want the kids to have short attention spans


CN is a farce at the highest level. They re-run the same garbage forever and ever and anything new and exciting they flip flop the times and then cancel it on a high point. Seriously they are the biggest jokes in cable network. It won't make a difference if this show is good or bad, it will be cancelled prematurely.

#15 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

It's to bad that the Hub couldn't have it. I bet if it was on there it would last longer then 2 seasons. I have hear from a friend at work that this is the last season for Batman Brave and the Bold. And what he said the actors from it wants to continue doing the show. So I which the Hub would of gotten these.

#16 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

View PostJeffreyA, on 27 November 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

It's to bad that the Hub couldn't have it. I bet if it was on there it would last longer then 2 seasons. I have hear from a friend at work that this is the last season for Batman Brave and the Bold. And what he said the actors from it wants to continue doing the show. So I which the Hub would of gotten these.



Well since Mattel does DC now The Hub might only show Marvel garbage

#17 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 27 November 2010 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostJeffreyA, on 27 November 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

It's to bad that the Hub couldn't have it. I bet if it was on there it would last longer then 2 seasons. I have hear from a friend at work that this is the last season for Batman Brave and the Bold. And what he said the actors from it wants to continue doing the show. So I which the Hub would of gotten these.



Well since Mattel does DC now The Hub might only show Marvel garbage


Disney=Marvel. But yeah I was also thinking of that with Mattle and DC. But also what is werid The Hub has Batman Beyond and 1966 Batman so I would of though they wouldn't show them on the Hub. Send the Hub is a Hasbro network.

#18 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

I bought Marvel up because Hasbro makes Marvel and as you know The Hub is Hasbro

#19 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

You got me on this one. You won. I complelly forgot about Hasbro=Marvel.

#20 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,500
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, but Disney still has their own channel for their cartoons. I'd hazard a guess and say Batman and Batman Beyond also show on Boomerang. The Hub just needs stuff to fill in time, and if getting Batman and Beyond was cheaper than X-Men TAS I'm sure that's the route they went.

#21 User is offline   synch 

  • Energon hunter
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 46,421
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

the mix of voices on this thing is so weird! Odo from ds9 & the founder guy as well who did the questions voice on jlu LOL JLU green lantern as aquaman ... JLU manhunter as manhunter ... cracks me right up everytime I hear a voice I know I think "that is weird!" @loll@ What is the black guys name as well & where is he from ?... is he suppose to be the same kid that is in the current brightest day comic ?..

#22 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:30 AM

Its been years since I last saw Gaurdian and I do like the new look

#23 User is offline   JeffreyA 

  • Queen Elsa & Anna
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 12-February 09

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:48 AM

View Postsynch, on 28 November 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

the mix of voices on this thing is so weird! Odo from ds9 & the founder guy as well who did the questions voice on jlu LOL JLU green lantern as aquaman ... JLU manhunter as manhunter ... cracks me right up everytime I hear a voice I know I think "that is weird!" @loll@ What is the black guys name as well & where is he from ?... is he suppose to be the same kid that is in the current brightest day comic ?..


The only black kid that I know of that was in it was Aqualad. I really don't know anything on this Aqualad but I think he is the leader of the young Justice send he was the one that kind of got Superboy to listen to him for him to choice what he believes in. Now I wonder if this Robin is Dick Grayson or Tim Drake?

#24 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,200
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

View PostJeffreyA, on 28 November 2010 - 01:48 AM, said:

View Postsynch, on 28 November 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

the mix of voices on this thing is so weird! Odo from ds9 & the founder guy as well who did the questions voice on jlu LOL JLU green lantern as aquaman ... JLU manhunter as manhunter ... cracks me right up everytime I hear a voice I know I think "that is weird!" @loll@ What is the black guys name as well & where is he from ?... is he suppose to be the same kid that is in the current brightest day comic ?..


The only black kid that I know of that was in it was Aqualad. I really don't know anything on this Aqualad but I think he is the leader of the young Justice send he was the one that kind of got Superboy to listen to him for him to choice what he believes in. Now I wonder if this Robin is Dick Grayson or Tim Drake?



I hope it's Tim Drake

#25 User is offline   MasterJailer 

  • Snakeman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 957
  • Joined: 20-July 09

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

View Postsynch, on 28 November 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

the mix of voices on this thing is so weird!



The common link here is voice casting director Andrea Romano, who's casted just about all of DC's recent animated projects as well as Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

Share this topic:


  • 23 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us